Royal Carribean Group

Chiliburn

On 10/25/2020 at 1:01 PM, gbenjo said:

WOW.........I understand some people being upset because their cruise has been cancelled, moved or  changed but surely it is understandable  that Royal and other cruise lines, considering a circumstance which was no fault of theirs, would be in a world of pain and uncertainty not knowing when where and how theIr reason for existence ,the cruise industry, will restart.  The fact that they have to move ships dates or ports as circumstance dictate is not surprising and I am sure they would not just make these changes on a whim and after a year or more of no income,  I cannot  blame them for trying to take  the best  financial option, if that is the case. We on the outside are not aware of what restrictions, rules or requirements will be enforced and what those implications will mean to the cruise lines so maybe a bit of slack could be cut for them until they can sort all this out.

I, for one, have been trying to see all from RCCL perspective.  I am now starting to see some areas where RCCL do not come out looking so shiny.

The TPs were only released in late July which is about 2-3 months later than usual.  OK, give them the benefit of the doubt - they were making sure these deployments were likely to go ahead.

Many people used Lift & Shift to transfer  their 2020 TP or TA to these cruises next year.  There was little risk in keeping your money tied up for another year as these came with price guarantee.  We all understand, keep our money if it helps keep the company viable.

OK now it gets dodgy!  Cancel Quantum TP, because we are now going to send it to Brisbane instead.  Don't offer any explanation, compensation or alternative cruises.  Bump up prices on Ovation TP and restrict the cabin stock available. 

Seranade (Radiance class) was going to cruise US West Coast and Radiance, after the usual Alaskan summer has a heavily booked TP. to Brisbane  Rather than offering a transfer to a now empty Quantum, Cancel this TP altogether, send Radiance to US West coast and start selling TP fares on empty sister ship Serenade.

It looks, from my perspective, as though RCCL is reneging on the L&S cruise with confidence policies and has done so with little or no regard for it's passengers or customer service principles.  This does not seem like a shuffling of deck chairs, it seems deliberate if not conniving.

There is only so much good will and loyalty one can offer before it starts to manifest like sheer gullibiliy.  Whatever faith I once had in this company is going on holidays until I am convinced they can act honourably, in good faith and safely.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, banzaii said:

I, for one, have been trying to see all from RCCL perspective.  I am now starting to see some areas where RCCL do not come out looking so shiny.

The TPs were only released in late July which is about 2-3 months later than usual.  OK, give them the benefit of the doubt - they were making sure these deployments were likely to go ahead.

Many people used Lift & Shift to transfer  their 2020 TP or TA to these cruises next year.  There was little risk in keeping your money tied up for another year as these came with price guarantee.  We all understand, keep our money if it helps keep the company viable.

OK now it gets dodgy!  Cancel Quantum TP, because we are now going to send it to Brisbane instead.  Don't offer any explanation, compensation or alternative cruises.  Bump up prices on Ovation TP and restrict the cabin stock available. 

Seranade (Radiance class) was going to cruise US West Coast and Radiance, after the usual Alaskan summer has a heavily booked TP. to Brisbane  Rather than offering a transfer to a now empty Quantum, Cancel this TP altogether, send Radiance to US West coast and start selling TP fares on empty sister ship Serenade.

It looks, from my perspective, as though RCCL is reneging on the L&S cruise with confidence policies and has done so with little or no regard for it's passengers or customer service principles.  This does not seem like a shuffling of deck chairs, it seems deliberate if not conniving.

There is only so much good will and loyalty one can offer before it starts to manifest like sheer gullibiliy.  Whatever faith I once had in this company is going on holidays until I am convinced they can act honourably, in good faith and safely.

Like I said,someone on the RC forum was booked on the original Quantum TP and received a email it was canceled.

Not a big problem they said we will just fly home from Brisbane.

RC said no it’s canceled and wanted a extra US$7000 for same the cabin.

I like the product but I don’t like the company,they have always be deceitful in there advertising.

6 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Like I said,someone on the RC forum was booked on the original Quantum TP and received a email it was canceled.

Not a big problem they said we will just fly home from Brisbane.

RC said no it’s canceled and wanted a extra US$7000 for same the cabin.

I like the product but I don’t like the company,they have always be deceitful in there advertising.

Fair comment. 

I find the divergence between Princess group cancelling AU cruises out to May, while RCL only cancelling to December, yet Princess issuing refunds very promptly, whereas RCL group still taking 4 months or so with no communication telling about their business priorities. Basically Carnival is treating passengers decently, whereas RCL group is still taking advantage of the situation to benefit itself as much as it can.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Big_M said:

Fair comment. 

I find the divergence between Princess group cancelling AU cruises out to May, while RCL only cancelling to December, yet Princess issuing refunds very promptly, whereas RCL group still taking 4 months or so with no communication telling about their business priorities. Basically Carnival is treating passengers decently, whereas RCL group is still taking advantage of the situation to benefit itself as much as it can.

I like the product but I dont like the company.

On 10/28/2020 at 12:59 AM, banzaii said:

So my email to M.Bayley with my thoughts on my cancelled Quantum TP April 2022 (not cancelled afaiac, just sailing from Brisbane instead of Sydney) got me an email reply from the executive office. Today the person that sent that email called me! Apologies blah blah blah. I said I want an explanation as to why RC are reneging on the L&S etc. Got no explanation of course, just a load of waffle, can't disclose what's going on etc etc, waste of time! I did get my deposit refunded today which is amazingly quick but I'm still ****ed off with them 😥😡

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phoenixx said:

So my email to M.Bayley with my thoughts on my cancelled Quantum TP April 2022 (not cancelled afaiac, just sailing from Brisbane instead of Sydney) got me an email reply from the executive office. Today the person that sent that email called me! Apologies blah blah blah. I said I want an explanation as to why RC are reneging on the L&S etc. Got no explanation of course, just a load of waffle, can't disclose what's going on etc etc, waste of time! I did get my deposit refunded today which is amazingly quick but I'm still ****ed off with them 😥😡

Strange how you got your deposit refund today, you trod on the right toes.

2 hours ago, phoenixx said:

Good on you phoenixxx.

I thought it would take a couple of weeks but what 4 days? And you got a call from Miami?

Should have hit them up for a OBC for all of us. LOL

What do you think Graham?? @gbenjo

image.gif.d658d446f6a4f119fa94b8de9fc9d84b.gif

Edited by Chiliburn

39 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Good on you phoenixxx.

I thought it would take a couple of weeks but what 4 days? And you got a call from Miami?

Should have hit them up for a OBC for all of us. LOL

What do you think Graham?? @gbenjo

image.gif.d658d446f6a4f119fa94b8de9fc9d84b.gif

Roll out the RED CARPET, I reckon, Graham has one in storage for the 'spethial people' of CC. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

I don’t know any. 😁

Rod is spethial 

And phoenixxx is extra special,they got a phone call from Miami from-

the big boss 

A number one 

The big kahuna

The man with the stick

El honcho 

The buck stops here 
El supremeo 

the top dog

the big cheese 

or at least his side kick anyway 

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Rod is spethial 

And phoenixxx is extra special,they got a phone call from Miami from-

the big boss 

A number one 

The big kahuna

The man with the stick

El honcho 

The buck stops here 
El supremeo 

the top dog

the big cheese 

or at least his side kick anyway 

What are you on young Phillip, I want some.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

What are you on young Phillip, I want some.

He apparently had some sort of injury when he was a teenager( or that’s what he told me🤔) and it still has an effect on him so I pretty much let him go . 😂😂

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, gbenjo said:

He apparently had some sort of injury when he was a teenager( or that’s what he told me🤔) and it still has an effect on him so I pretty much let him go . 😂😂

Thanks Graham, I hope I did not offend the poor soul. Apologies.

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Uncle Les ,

I’ve been insulted by the best and you and graham don’t come close.   LOL

ONYA son, thats the way, dont let em win.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

I looks like the U.S. is Going to try to start cruises.

RCG Careers FB Has a video (I’ve tried to copy it ?? ).That Crew are planning to return to Navigator of the seas in December .

Apparently 4 ships plan to start in the early new year.

The cruises have a 7day cap put on them by the CDC.

image.jpeg.aebb1e48d93a0b907d67ed32bc1ab336.jpeg

Edited by Chiliburn

I believe the CDC is releasing cruise ship health and safety protocols this weekend.  That will make interesting reading after perusing the Healthy Sail Panel recommendations to CDC, like masks, social distancing, ship shorex only, no self serve buffets, etc, etc.

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

I believe the CDC is releasing cruise ship health and safety protocols this weekend.  That will make interesting reading after perusing the Healthy Sail Panel recommendations to CDC, like masks, social distancing, ship shorex only, no self serve buffets, etc, etc.

I wonder if there’s negotiations going on with our government?

It’s wishful thinking but it would be good to see a ship in Sydney and Brisbane early next year.

Hey ,I would even get on a carnival ship .