Cruise Critic Community
richwmn

The Daily for Thursday Sep 10, 2020

8 minutes ago, Andi Land said:

Thank you Rich and Roy!

The smoke is heavy in the air this morning. I pray that these fires get under control soon before there is any more loss of life. Our County Fairgrounds have opened up for people and animals to retreat to for safety. 

I’m including a picture from the Oregon Coast by Lincoln City that a local meteorologist took last night. It’s very eerie. 

20FC62E4-B048-474F-9857-D1C338006B6B.jpeg

Gorgeous, but also horrifying. We need to create some new adjectives for this year. Or perhaps just use 2020 as an adjective.

@rafinmd - Thanks for putting my son's wifi on the care list, but this issue pales in comparison to others on the list! 

@gigianne - I am guessing Orgeat is what you will be looking up. It is more or less almond flavored simple syrup. I always have some on hand. It can be used in several drink recipes but is also useful as a dessert ingredient or coffee flavoring. You can make your own but I usually get this one -

image.thumb.png.c0c7dde208a433553c54fc4af7157c8d.png

5 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Gorgeous, but also horrifying. We need to create some new adjectives for this year. Or perhaps just use 2020 as an adjective.

I agree Ann. 2020 should be a "swear word"..

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Here's a quote for the day.

47 Motivational Quotes to Start Your Day

Mother Teresa said something similar - "Not all of us can do great things, but we can do small things with great love."  A wonderful sentiment both ways.  

I expect we'll hear from Denise soon.  She has not posted yet but has liked some posts on this thread.

Roy

28 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

But I could eat an entire French Baguette with lots of butter! And a cold glass of Sancerre!

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Good morning sister! When I read this I had to chime in early!! I am 100% the same!!! My fav wine for me is Sancerre and a hot fresh Baguette WOW! Heaven😊

Love  right back at you! You and Allen have a great day!

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Ann we so enjoyed our kayaking adventures! The Lake was cold!! Paisley sure enjoyed kayaking with her mommy!

I know you would of loved it!

🌺🌺

Good morning Rich thank you for the best 

thread ever!!!!

🌺🌺

Roy thank you also for our prayer list and celebrations!! Our trip home was long! 
So much smoke was in the air!! I feel so bad for all the fires in our state and other states! Such a sadness 😞 The bright side 

no accidents!

🌺🌺

Tiogacruiser so sad all the restaurants both in Lone Pine going to Whitney and in Big Pine seem empty lots of closed signs. 
Copper was closed Going up to Mammoth but was open as we drove by coming home! Great BBQ !! 
So tonight we’re having steaks👍👍

we will toast to everyone from all the past on CC since our phones were in silent mode👍👍

This was our sunset which was sad! So much smoke couldn’t really see the ocean.

We have 2 wildfires down here too!!

GOD-BLESS TO ALL!!

🌺Andi Land so sad the picture of all the smoke from your picture! Please stay safe

Tonight San Diego time will toast to all!

Take care

Denise😊

image.thumb.jpeg.5ec1c237fc5454d0e7b222c7fde8f4a6.jpeg

11 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I expect we'll hear from Denise soon.  She has not posted yet but has liked some posts on this thread.

Roy

Yup!!!! I’m Back...........🥰

Got up early at 6!!🙄 Right now I would still be sleeping!!!

We love watching Tour de France so we decided to watch! 
Have a good day Roy!!

Denise😊

Good Morning All,

Good to hear Denise and family are back safely. 😁

Our weather forecast calls for cooler temperatures than previously and I wonder if the smoke is playing into that. Today it’s only a tinge of grey orange, no smoke smell but significant ash and throat irritation. In fact, the ash is coming through the screens. The air is pretty still, and has been ( though the weather report has said strong winds at the 1000 ft level. It makes me wonder if pressure is holding down the yuck over the basin here.) We’re a ways from the closest fire so I can only imagine how bad it might be. 

Plan to watch several webinars today on how to embroider and use the software with my new sewing machine. Also have to cut a shirt waist for my bloomers, to wear for our October bike ride. Haven’t decided whether to go with late 1890s or otts/teens. 

1 hour ago, Overhead Fred said:

@rafinmd - Thanks for putting my son's wifi on the care list, but this issue pales in comparison to others on the list! 

@gigianne - I am guessing Orgeat is what you will be looking up. It is more or less almond flavored simple syrup. I always have some on hand. It can be used in several drink recipes but is also useful as a dessert ingredient or coffee flavoring. You can make your own but I usually get this one -

image.thumb.png.c0c7dde208a433553c54fc4af7157c8d.png

spot on Fred.  Thanks for the info, I got busy doing something else and did not google.

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the daily.  It's an interesting pair of days.

Today’s care list:

Mrs Vmax

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

The Bird in Hand fire chief and son Jason

3 injured California firefighters

An uncomplicated return for Denise and David

Prompt repairs on Debbie’s new roof

Lindialer awaiting evacuation

Sososailor

Smoke for Victoriann AndiLand, and her in-laws

Overhead Fred’s son’s wifi

RIP Ronald Bell

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Front line health workers

Cruising-along’s road trip

Hearing from Denise and David

Getaway for Ger77

Forecasts of rain and cooler weather

Royi

Roy:

Himself will be getting a pacemaker for the heart tomorrow afternoon.

Good morning and thanks Rich, Roy...   not Tilapia again, not my fave!  Maybe I’ll do the Mexican from yesterday😂

those skies and and fires are insane! Stay safe everyone in this crazy year! 

image.thumb.jpeg.03f688c17aa2a44cb4d4d14cdf77ca07.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Himself said:

Roy:

My friend! Dear Father you are always in my prayers and I know GOD will have his hand upon you always. GOD BLESS you!

You will do great!! Please let us know how you are in a few days to recover!!

You are on Roy’s prayer list👍👍👍👍

Denise😊

26 minutes ago, Himself said:

Roy:

We are all here for you and will be anxious to hear back from you.  Prayers for a safe easy procedure.

Good morning, all, and thank you, Rich and Roy,  for our daily get-together!  

The smoke is receding here.  Still can't see the Olympics, but the air is fresher, and DD's asthma has subsided.  We have kept the house closed up, and she is using her  room air conditioner.

School starts here today.  Our Covid cases are going up rapidly, so nightclubs and banquet halls (!) have all been closed and liquor can only be sold in other places up until 10 p.m.  Ambient sound (TVs, music, etc., in bars and restaurants) must be kept to normal speech levels, so people don't have to raise their voices.  I have to wonder if it will do any good, but I suppose it is a beginning.  

PS  Just read Father @Himself will be getting a pacemaker tomorrow,  We'll all be praying for you, I know.

Edited by Vict0riann

Good Morning.

Below is a repurposed sewing machine.  It is one of my next door neighbour's projects.  I thought it was quite ingenious.

118960081_10223364962017487_3470786066388140538_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=uQPGGUHhTI4AX8-AAvn&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.fna&oh=c8ee1ff6ed076e7d4dbbaff9751f9387&oe=5F7F4AF9

Still chilly and wet here..... and I'll certainly take it. Can't tell if the haze to the west and north is smoke or clouds. Have many friends and family in Oregon and in California and am hoping they check in soon.  Best wishes to Himself and to others having medical issues right now.  I agree.... 2020 is a swear word by itself.

Susan

Thank you for the Daily Rich. Thank you for the Care list Roy and for adding Father to the list. And prayers are with you Father for a successful surgery and recovery. 

I had a sewing machine when I was younger and used it a lot. But back in 1988 our house was broken into and that was one of many things stolen.  I never replaced it and haven’t missed it much, I would just borrow my mother’s if needed. I need to ask her what she did with it when she moved last year. 

So happy we have this Daily to share ideas and other things with each other. 

Menu suggestion sounds good but will probably have salmon instead. I’m expecting a fish delivery today from the fish cooperative I joined. 

The fires are devastating. Everyone stay safe.

I was so surprised that it was 70degrees when I got up at 8:00 o’clock. Our temps should be in the 90’s for awhile but it’s not unusual for it to go over 100 once in a while in September and October. 

Have a great Thursday everyone!

3 hours ago, Andi Land said:

Thank you Rich and Roy!

The smoke is heavy in the air this morning. I pray that these fires get under control soon before there is any more loss of life. Our County Fairgrounds have opened up for people and animals to retreat to for safety. 

I’m including a picture from the Oregon Coast by Lincoln City that a local meteorologist took last night. It’s very eerie. 

20FC62E4-B048-474F-9857-D1C338006B6B.jpeg

We saw your orange sky report on the news.  That shot is great but very eerie, indeed.

Thank, Rich for Daily, and Roy for the Care List. Funny thing about Sewing Machine Day. I worked outside the home and DH was a stay-at-home Dad. The sewing machine was known as "Dad's machine" by the kids as he did the minor clothing repairs. Love the plan to swap ideas!

Thanks @Cruise Suzy for the link to the Italian Sunset Martini. It was fun to watch, remembering watching The Love Boat as a young adult.

@cat shepardI think that it will be a desciptive.....How was your day?  It was a complete 2020.

Blessings for a quick and safe procedure, @Himself

Here's to a great day for everyone. Prayers for those who need them, cheers for celebrations, and positive thoughts for all. 🙂 Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. 

1 hour ago, Himself said:

Roy:

Prayers for an easy procedure and speedy recovery coming your way.

Roy:

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you, Father.

I hope the surgery goes as smooth as silk 🤞🙏🏻

Roy:

Best wishes for a smooth procedure & speedy recovery, Father.