Recent experiences with status match?

snake114

Last month, applied for the Amex Hilton Honors Surpass Card, $95 per year.  Gold status at Hilton.  MSC matched it with Gold.  Very good deal for a $95 annual fee and 150k points.

Silver on Princess got me nothing.  NCL, total of 28 days of cruising, got me nothing.

• Thanks 1

On 9/11/2020 at 1:29 AM, snake114 said:

Has anyone had recent luck with status match applications?  I have submitted twice over the past several weeks, and never received a response.

We applied for status match on 13 September,  got the email with confirmation on 14 September.  RCL Diamond gave us MSC Gold. 

I'm also in the jinx line.    I first applied middle of August,  email  follow up, said they were "working on it".   I applied again,  end of August since they couldn't find any previous application.    Another email-  inquiring since I had bookings  I wanted  the obc's applied.   Again, reply to resubmit      So,  for the third time,  I submitted a week ago.    Still nothing.   

I'll be diamond so,  looking for the match to be verified.    Does anyone have a direct number to Voyager Club or is a call worthless and I need to keep going the email route?    

I'll be diamond so,  looking for the match to be verified.    Does anyone have a direct number to Voyager Club or is a call worthless and I need to keep going the email route?    

I think you will find they stopped matching to Diamond earlier this year due to the large number of applications

On 9/16/2020 at 1:50 AM, emmas gran said:

I think you will find they stopped matching to Diamond earlier this year due to the large number of applications

So you are saying there are no more Diamond matches?   

2 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

I believe Diamond now applies only to people who have "earned" it on MSC.  

It's not what you "believe".  Where is this noted by MSC?     This is on the current application.   (with matching to Black??)       If I ever get matched,  I'll have the answer.    

Are you a loyalty program member of Hotels, Cruise lines or Tour Operators? Discover MSC Status Match.
Join MSC Cruises’ loyalty program for free maintaining all the privileges you’re used to! You will be assigned an
MSC Voyagers Club level, from Classic to Black, guaranteeing you a 5% discount on any future cruise booking and a
similar or higher privilege status than your current loyalty program offers you.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2020 at 7:21 PM, Geobugs said:

Last month, applied for the Amex Hilton Honors Surpass Card, $95 per year.  Gold status at Hilton.  MSC matched it with Gold.  Very good deal for a $95 annual fee and 150k points.

Silver on Princess got me nothing.  NCL, total of 28 days of cruising, got me nothing.

This is intriguing to me...  Is it pretty straight forwards getting MSC to honor this if I haven't sailed with them at all? Thanks for the information!!

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2020 at 2:23 PM, Budget Queen said:

Wrong understanding and assumptions.    Got this today

3F3E56C1-2DFE-409F-9C20-04D39CF74D89.jpeg

My wife applied in March and her Diamond status with Carnival (50+ cruises) only got her a Gold card with MSC. I applied 2 years ago and got Black (now Diamond) for my Carnival Diamond. As with most things in the cruise industry, the only thing consistent is their inconsistency.

Bob

We applied online and they asked for a few item via email, one being a photocopy of our last room card key from X and a cruise invoice.  Both indicated our CC Status with X.

Maybe 10 days later we were awarded a Black Card.  The Diamond/Black Card perks were great, especially the free Specialty Steakhouse Restaurant dinner.

It is possible the rules have changed in the last 18 months.

I submitted yesterday 10/22 morning, received confirmation of status match to MSC Diamond for me being Princess Cruises Elite. Submitted picture of cruisecard.

With my first attempt, had issue with 'county' and 'city' field not allowing input.

Emailed Voyager Club and was told after input of zip code to then click 'Get It', and system will auto populate those fields. It only populated 'county' but when I clicked on 'city' , drop down values appeared for me to select.

This process was not obvious to me and not sure it is documented somewhere?

For USA, submission form for Canada and EU citizens is different.

Don’t give up! My husband called last week after applying for our status match 1 month ago. He called MSC and spoke with a very kind representative who found out what we were missing. After an e~mail received word that we were being processed, and by 4pm we were Gold ~ we are Diamond Plus on RCCL. We’re happy!