Pics of the crew over the years

cburger100

So, my Facebook keeps popping up pics of our many wonderful trips around the World, many of which are on Seadream. Hubby and I look at them and just dream of a Covid free life again and hopping on our beloved yacht. Yet we also can’t forget the wonderful crew - family - which makes the memories even more fond. So here, I’m just going to start posting them as they come up.

FACF9761-AE7A-4AD3-84CE-3553739F8BB5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing - great idea.  We remember Pablo on the right from several voyages and his excellent friendly service, but not the person on the left of the picture, though he looks a bit familiar.   Look forward to your future postings of more pictures!

Timely to focus on the crew, past and present, not just on when we all might return to normal and enjoy another voyage.  We all often stress the importance of the crew to the special SeaDream experience.  Please reach out to any past or present crew you may have friended on Facebook or otherwise kept in touch with over the years.  Lend a hand in spirit or even tangibly if you can. 

Today’s Washington Post documents the plight of Overseas Foreign Workers (OFWs) returning to the Philippines, which of course is the home country for many of our beloved SD crew.  While SD crew are better off than most, they are not out of the woods.  Many have been and others will be sent home before the end of their SD contracts, through no fault of SD but due to the Norwegian rules changes limiting crew following the Hurtigruten virus incident.  

Returning home has been no walk in the park, as even those who test negative for COVID on arrival have to undergo weeks of quarantine upon reaching their home provinces.  There is serious discrimination against OFWs because some locals mistakenly think they were exposed to the virus just because they were working overseas.  We live in South Florida and read in the papers here about cruise ship and cargo ship crews still stuck on board ships.

We hope to see these special SD crew members back again when things get back to normal, whenever that may be.  They took care of us and made our voyages so special.  Time to see if some of them and their families need our help now, just as many local restaurants are urging customers to help their employees during these difficult times.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing - great idea.  We remember Pablo on the right from several voyages and his excellent friendly service, but not the person on the left of the picture, though he looks a bit familiar.   Look forward to your future postings of more pictures!

Timely to focus on the crew, past and present, not just on when we all might return to normal and enjoy another voyage.  We all often stress the importance of the crew to the special SeaDream experience.  Please reach out to any past or present crew you may have friended on Facebook or otherwise kept in touch with over the years.  Lend a hand in spirit or even tangibly if you can. 

Today’s Washington Post documents the plight of Overseas Foreign Workers (OFWs) returning to the Philippines, which of course is the home country for many of our beloved SD crew.  While SD crew are better off than most, they are not out of the woods.  Many have been and others will be sent home before the end of their SD contracts, through no fault of SD but due to the Norwegian rules changes limiting crew following the Hurtigruten virus incident.  

Returning home has been no walk in the park, as even those who test negative for COVID on arrival have to undergo weeks of quarantine upon reaching their home provinces.  There is serious discrimination against OFWs because some locals mistakenly think they were exposed to the virus just because they were working overseas.  We live in South Florida and read in the papers here about cruise ship and cargo ship crews still stuck on board ships.

We hope to see these special SD crew members back again when things get back to normal, whenever that may be.  They took care of us and made our voyages so special.  Time to see if some of them and their families need our help now, just as many local restaurants are urging customers to help their employees during these difficult times.

Thank you for writing this ! We all need to help - totally agree! I’m going to see how to go back to my Facebook pop ups where most of my crew pics are stored. We are in North Florida, St Augustine and I understand there are several ships off shore here and one permanently docked in Fernandina

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...