The Daily for Sunday Sep 13, 2020

richwmn

A note regarding yesterday's discussion about getting flu shots, I spoke with our pharmacist and they won't be available in Canada until late October or early November.  I'm not sure why the delay . . .

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ger_77 said:

A note regarding yesterday's discussion about getting flu shots, I spoke with our pharmacist and they won't be available in Canada until late October or early November.  I'm not sure why the delay . . .

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Thanks for the info.

We're wearing masks, social distancing and staying home whenever possible, so I hope we won't catch anything before the shots are available.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

I loved my Opa and Oma - these are my grandparents on my mom's side on the Dam Square in front of the Royal Palace in Amsterdam a couple of years ago 😉 Enjoy your Sunday! 

John 1958.jpg

I nominate this as the photo of the day!!  How about a toast to your grandparents at happy hour today, as well as everyone else's grandparents.  Cheers!

• Like 9

Good morning!!!!!

Happy Sunday too!!!

To all Grandparents, this is a wonderful day for you all. 
🌺Love your quote for the day Rich. Dinner tonight since fish and seafood was on the menu for us yesterday today I have no idea

to early  for me here to decide! LOL.🙄

🌺Roy I hope your issues with computer get taken care of. So enjoy seeing your prayer list and celebrations!!! PERFECT SUNRISE PHOTO FROM YOUR NORTHWEST PASSAGE CRUISE.

THANK YOU FOR ADDING THE 2 POLICE OFFICERS WHO WERE SHOT IN LA IN AN AMBUSH!! So sad 🙏🙏😞

🌺summer slope I will pass on the drink!!

An interesting combo!

🌺Ann so glad you were able to get kayaking in yesterday!!! Hope the weather is not too bad today for you!🍷The wine for today that you described is way out of my price range for a red!! Enjoy Sunday!

🌺Joy love the pictures of the landscaping!!

WOW really nice job! It will be fun seeing the pictures next season of all your color variations!! 
🌺Jacqui your pictures of your dahlias 

are so beautiful!!! I love the color! Those put a smile on my face!! 

Have a safe and beautiful day!

Denise😊

• Like 8

Good morning.    This is moon rise about 7:15 pm from the Zuiderdam on this day last year in the St. Lawrence on the way to Saguenay.  To the eye moon was even bigger than pic could show.  C63540BE-6817-411A-B0D8-666CDA16220C.thumb.jpeg.298dbc47c31a265e897bc7b6f9c9a50e.jpeg   Captain had announced it was a special sight not to be missed.  A big crowd took cocktails outside.   

Prayers and cheers.  

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, tamsno said:

Good morning.    This is moon rise about 7:15 pm from the Zuiderdam on this day last year in the St. Lawrence on the way to Saguenay.  To the eye moon was even bigger than pic could show.  C63540BE-6817-411A-B0D8-666CDA16220C.thumb.jpeg.298dbc47c31a265e897bc7b6f9c9a50e.jpeg   Captain had announced it was a special sight not to be missed.  A big crowd took cocktails outside.   

Prayers and cheers.  

A beautiful but bittersweet photo.  I am just supposed to have left the Saguenay from the Crystal Serenity and spending a few days in the Montreal area before boarding the Zuiderdam on September 17.

Roy

• Like 7

Thank you for the Daily, Rich and to Roy for the prayers and congrats!

Only my paternal grandmother was still living when I arrived, and she died when I was five. But I have her cuckoo clock hanging in our family room and every time the bird sings I remember MeMar!

Edi

P.S. I have grandcats, who are delightful!

• Like 7

Good morning all,  thanks to Rich and Roy, and all the information on this thread!

It's still very smoky here.  My eyes and throat hurt, hope it is just the smoke.  I go around sniffing things, just to make sure I still have my sense of smell!  DD is staying in her room with her air conditioner on, and has upped her asthma meds.  This is supposed to go on for a while - no rain in sight.  It's very quiet, no birds or bugs around.  My sedum and asters are usually full of bees, I haven't seen one for days.  I suppose they are all sedated by the smoke.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning all,  thanks to Rich and Roy, and all the information on this thread!

It's still very smoky here.  My eyes and throat hurt, hope it is just the smoke.  I go around sniffing things, just to make sure I still have my sense of smell!  DD is staying in her room with her air conditioner on, and has upped her asthma meds.  This is supposed to go on for a while - no rain in sight.  It's very quiet, no birds or bugs around.  My sedum and asters are usually full of bees, I haven't seen one for days.  I suppose they are all sedated by the smoke.

that is so sad, Ann 😞 

I hope the air clears up for you quickly. 🤞 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

It is bad luck to defy superstition.

Here is yesterday's chocolate milkshake - Adult version

image.thumb.png.c3db1723f798c88ef5859887d46a1b70.png

Really like that glass plus the K-dam "tegel" underneath it! Bet ya the adult beverage in it was good too! 🙂

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, kazu said:

that is so sad, Ann 😞 

I hope the air clears up for you quickly. 🤞 

It is sad, Jacqui!  The bees should be having a great time, stocking up for the winter, and they are usually teeming around my huge aster plant, which is starting to open.  And the little male Annas hummingbird who comes to the feeder is wearing a black hood - no sun to make him iridescent!  None of the lady hummingbirds are going to fall in love with him!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Thank you.  We are usually pretty late getting them, but I thought it was just on this island.  And we can't go across the border to get them in the States!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

It is sad, Jacqui!  The bees should be having a great time, stocking up for the winter, and they are usually teeming around my huge aster plant, which is starting to open.  And the little male Annas hummingbird who comes to the feeder is wearing a black hood - no sun to make him iridescent!  None of the lady hummingbirds are going to fall in love with him!

That is sad indeed, Ann.

I think your Fall stays warmer than ours?  So hopefully the bees can still stock up when the smoke clears.  I pray for rain to help those wildfires.

Yikes on the hummingbird.  We’ve had so many and today I haven’t seen any.  Very strange.  I hope that doesn’t mean we are getting the smoke from South/East of us.

2020 has not been a good year for sure 😞 

82CB0AC6-A298-44D8-93B9-491F628AF5A8.thumb.jpeg.b33e2b4cf120b455033e9b224b78da8d.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 7

43 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I've been late getting my flu shot because the CDC says it lasts about 6 months and the flu season goes into March.  It's just about time now so I hope I don't run into a shortage.

Roy

Yes, I think that might be one of the reasons they don't don't start pushing the flu shot here until a little later.  But reminders to get it have begun on TV.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I've been late getting my flu shot because the CDC says it lasts about 6 months and the flu season goes into March.  It's just about time now so I hope I don't run into a shortage.

Roy

Same here; October is a good month to get one; it'll last you through March

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

image.jpeg.fa5f4771cc3ffc631d8ed286c192fc53.jpeg

Good morning Rich. You outdid yourself this morning. Thank you.

A favorite fortune said "You wanted wisdom in a cookie? Go read your bible". Going for something light tonight for dinner, not sure what yet. Probably polish off the last crab leg and maybe a garden salad. 

Good morning sisters Denise and Ann. As you know I am not a red wine fan so no on today's selection. Thank you Roy for prayers, shout outs and normally sunrise pic's. Jacqui I can only hope I have a few plants next year like yours. So beautiful.

Father I hope you are up at at 'em and doing fine this morning.

I did not realize Claudio was here yesterday until he texted me and asked how the sago palms looked. He lifted them 6 inches and added rock. I'll take a picture and share it when the sun rises.

Take care, love one another. Sending blessings to all.

I concelebrated Mass this morning. Arm hurs.  The device is on the left side an I am left handed.  

• Like 1