Philadelphia airport

georgiacat

I booked EZ air with Princess for American Airlines flights that go from Atlanta to Philadelphia and then Philadelphia to Barcelona, Spain (same airline).  There is 1 1/2 hour between flights.  I now realize that there will be a change from a domestic flight to an international flight.  I have never been to Philadelphia, so I do not know the layout of the airport.  I know that in Atlanta I would need more time because domestic and international flights take off from different buildings.  What is the situation in Philadelphia?  What would you suggest?

This may not be the correct forum to ask this question, but I know someone can help me.  Thanks

I'm assuming that when you check in at Atlanta your luggage will be tagged all the way through to Barcelona. You can just google for a Philadelphia airport map to get the location of the terminals and gates once known. Gates being used today during the low travel pandemic period may not be the same as when you expect to travel. 

AA flies international flights out of A west and some east concourses, most domestic flights come in A east, B or C.  Walk time from the furthest C to the furthest A is about 15 - 20 minutes so you should have plenty of time.  I fly AA to PHL a lot and usually 5-10 minutes early or on time plus of course you check you back straight through to Spain (this isn't 1970 any more. . LOL).  So you should be good as PHL is pretty easy to get around.

Enjoy your flight.

Not sure of your age but if older and have any issues walking you can always request wheelchair assistance.   They will meet you at the gate and take you for a ride, so to speak.  😉   Just request it with the airline.   Simple 

I've also flown in/out of PHL,  multiple times,  international.   I sometimes come into F,  where there is a bus to A.  International,  to BCN use A.   It can be a haul,  and flights aren't always early-  with this airport,  especially with me coming from the north  🙂    Especially if you come into the end of C and have to get to the last gate of A.   🙂 🙂   has happened to me a LOT.    1 1/2 hours-  when on time,  is certainly enough.    

georgiacat,

All concourses in Atlanta are connected via the underground train and walkways. I think you do know that. You do not need to exit and reenter any "building" just move between concourses. Your documents will be checked prior to your originating flight with the potential of a quick passport check before boarding either your originating or connecting flight on American.

While all arriving international flights come into either E or F you can depart to any destination on any concourse with a large enough gate space. We have actually flown directly from Atlanta to Barcelona on Delta from Concourse A. And that's not the only international flight in alternate concourses we have taken.

A direct flight sure seems more practical to me....

Have a great trip.

Thanks, alcpa1, we are familiar with the Atlanta airport and usually fly Delta.  However, I am making flight reservations through EZAir with Princess for a cruise from Barcelona in May (hope it sails with us on it!).  I had a direct flight with Delta from Atlanta to Barcelona reserved, but I changed it to one on American Airlines from Atlanta to Philadelphia to Barcelona because it was more that half of the price (round trip) less expensive.  (We fly business/first class.)

I will continue to watch the EZAir prices with Princess and expect to make my final decision later, however I like to plan far in advance.  I usually get better prices that way; I can always change the reservations if I find something more to my liking and price.  That is one of the many reasons that I like to make flight arrangements with EZAir.  It has worked great when we fly international.  I have not tried any of the other cruiselines flight arrangements.