Show Me Your Numbers

tlw440

My first Carnival cruise was on the Magic out of Galveston in 2014.  That cruise was wonderful.  I have 69 cruise days so far with Carnival and should reach platinum on my next cruise.  I've been on 10 Carnival cruises, 3 RCL, 2 NCL, and 1 Disney.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

My first cruise was on the Balboa Island Ferry in 1956. 800 ft. and cost a nickle. My next cruise was on the Great White Steamer from LA Harbor berth 96 to Catalina Island with the YMCA in 1958. That ship is said to have carried more passengers than any other, ever. During my young years my grandmother told me tales about early 20th century world travel by ship. She said it took too long and was boring. So she took me on my first trip to Hong Kong at 5 by plane. It took four days, go figure. My next cruise was on the Sun Princess in the mid-seventies. I worked on the pilot for the Love Boat TV movie. I was so busy I did not have time to look up and see the scenery. I took time off cruising until I saw an ad on Trip Advisor in 2016 for Carnival. We stuck a toe in and sailed on a four day aboard Imagination. It was a blast. We have since sailed 12 times, clocked 62 days, had four canceled, and have five booked for 2021. We are most excited about a 21 day back to back from Singapore to Brisbane seeing Bali, Great Barrier Reef and New Caledonia. 

• Like 2

1994 was my first Carnival Cruise. Even though that cruise was 26 years ago, my Carnival numbers (at 68 days and 14 cruises), are probably lower than others because I have not sailed on Carnival exclusively. 

First, it took me 6 years to sail on Carnival again after that first cruise. I swore I’d never sail on Carnival again after that initial experience. 

I did sail on Carnival almost exclusively from 2003 to 2011 though, at which time I attained Platinum status. But then after that, I decided to branch out and sail on as many cruise lines as I could. Only one cruise has been on Carnival in the last 8 years. We’ll be back on Carnival in 2022. 

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fyree39 said:

Yes, we used to take a lot of cheap 3-day booze cruises. They're not as cheap, so we'd slowed down before Covid. We've been playing the field and have tried Princess, Royal, HAL and Crystal. I love the variety when I try different lines. It makes me enjoy Carnival more when I come back.

I think the best deals in the industry are the 3-day weekend cruises on Mariner of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas.  Reasonably priced cruises on two great ships; both significantly nicer than Carnival’s newest ships (at least for now). 

EDIT: I meant to include for someone who lives in Florida and can easily drive to the port(s).  Obviously the financial aspect changes if you have to fly, stay at a hotel, etc. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I think the best deals in the industry are the 3-day weekend cruises on Mariner of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas.  Reasonably priced cruises on two great ships; both significantly nicer than Carnival’s newest ships (at least for now). 

EDIT: I meant to include for someone who lives in Florida and can easily drive to the port(s).  Obviously the financial aspect changes if you have to fly, stay at a hotel, etc. 

For a quick weekend getaway, those are truly the best options in the cruise world. I can't believe some consider a Fantasy class ship to be on par.

Edited by xDisconnections

First Carnival cruise was on the Fascination in 1996 and at the time that ship was the largest sailing in the Caribbean! How times have changed. We have 39 cruises on Carnival and 180 days - need those 20 days to become Diamonds! Would have made it this year but have had three cancellations and one booked for Nov., but doubt she will sail. Overall, we have 56 cruises since 1994, 11 on Holland America with 146 days, one on Royal Caribbean, and five on NCL.

• Like 1

First cruise was 1991 on the Fantasy at the time she was the largest ship, had the best time of my life, but things happened and didn't cruise again until 2000 also on Fantasy, now have 26 Carnival cruises and 1 Celebrity cruise, now at 183 days on Carnival hope to make diamond in a couple of years, darn covid has hurt my chances!! 

Edited by kansas kruiser
spelling

My wife has a couple more cruises than me.  All of hers has been with Carnival.  Started in 2005.  Now with a total of 36 cruises and 220 days.  Her most memorable one though was Sep 2019 when she won over $4K on a 5-card straight flush.  We currently have two booked.  Time will tell if we sail.

• Like 2

Got dragged onto Carnival Legend in 2014 for 11 nights to Pacific Islands.By the BH.  Loved it so much 2 days later booked 18 night. Trans-Pacific 2015.

Have done now 23 cruises with Carnival. One 3 nighter with RCL (never again)

Including a 19 night Singapore To Sydney.

Up to 193 days (so close would have gone Diamond back in March but my 3rd leg of a B2B2B was cancelled).

So 2015, 23 & 193..