sailing updates

windsurferfirst

last cancellations ( for the caribbean as referenced ) 7/22

cruises cancelled thru 12/15, so that was 146 days out ( discounting any of those cruise previously cancelled )

92 days now to 12/15

so based on the above ... I dunno

• Like 1

Previously the CDC extended the no sail order to September 30, 2020. I suspect the next CDC update will tell us when the next extension is set.
My guess is we will know more in October, past this no sail order.

In Mid July they extended 2.5 months.

Who knows what is next?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

I expect the next update before October 15, before final payment deadlines for the as yet uncancelled cruises.  Princess has already earned much bad press for delayed refunds, it would be completely idiotic to wait for final payment deadlines to pass before an update.    

Personally, I expect to see CCL corporation sail Carnival branded ships, with their younger average demographics, for some weeks before expanding to other brands, perhaps Princess second and HAL later still.  

I expect the first many sailings will be RT's from Florida, limited to Florida residents.  There are 17 of these scheduled for December / January on 5 different ships.  Cut that down to about two ships and I think you'll be in the ballpark of the relaunch plan that might be expected.

All speculation of course, but that's what this thread is for, right?

LOL!  I just love when folks make statements as though they are facts....I know that they are probably speculating based on experience, but really...I think my Magic 8 Ball has a much change of being correct!  IMHO!😉

• Like 1

I have a cruise booked on 16th December the day after the previous cut off date.   I am hoping to hear that that is cancelled before the final payment date which is 17th October.   

We were also on the cruise previous to that on the same ship and that has already been cancelled.

Hi Everyone.

Thanks so much for all your thoughts and speculation. I see your crystal balls are just as foggy as mine. 

I have a cruises booked for December 27, February 14 and a 4 day taster cruise in April. Im expecting them all to be canceled. I will be more upset by the April one getting canceled as it is on the Regal who will be in Southampton on my home turf. Makes a change from flying out to Florida to board her. 

Stay safe everyone.

12 hours ago, jennybenny said:

Previously the CDC extended the no sail order to September 30, 2020. I suspect the next CDC update will tell us when the next extension is set.

Also in the group of questions to be answered, when will the ports on itineraries allow cruise ships back to their shores?

• Like 2

Right, just a lot of speculation based on no facts.  The positive side of this is that MSC has had at least 4 voyages with no issues.  What is relevant is that all the cruise lines are monitoring what MSC has done and what the results were.  It is also important to know if the CDC is also monitoring this or are they going to continue to use their own 8 Ball to make decisions.

I would expect that we will know something in terms of timetable and direction by the end of September.

Another thing to consider....since there were so many crew members industry wide that had much trouble being repatriated....kept on ships for months....how will the industry ever convince people that it is a safe place to work.......how will they ever find enough crew to work on their vessels??

3 hours ago, J8T said:

how will they ever find enough crew to work on their vessels??

there are still crew on ships ...

Some posters on here have posted that they have had 'contact' with crew ... it would be interesting to hear what actual crew

are stating about the future, whether currently on ship, or waiting for new contracts 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, J8T said:

.how will they ever find enough crew to work on their vessels??

6 hours ago, voljeep said:

Some posters on here have posted that they have had 'contact' with crew ... it would be interesting to hear what actual crew

are stating about the future, whether currently on ship, or waiting for new contracts 

Some have posted that their crew friends told them they are anxious to get back to having their jobs on cruise ships.

With a number of Princess ships in pause in areas of the world close to where many of the crew live, it might be simple to get them back on board once needed.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, racj846 said:

Not quite true.  While you cannot drive across the border you can fly across it.

And Canadians are required to self quarantine for 14 days upon return to Canada, aren’t they?

10 hours ago, racj846 said:

Not quite true.  While you cannot drive across the border you can fly across it.

Would flying for a cruise to the States be part of the non essential travel part that they don’t want you to travel?

I have just seen a Carnival update from their official account on Twitter that they are delaying operations on 4 ships (to between 26 February 2021- 12 June 2021) until after scheduled dry dock enhancements are made - Magic/Paradise/Valor/Spirit

Also an article on the points guy. com that SeaDream have just announced they will be resuming Caribbean sailings on November 7th, out of Barbados (so not operating in US waters)

Fingers crossed that things are moving forward...

• Like 1