Keeping our morale up during the pandemic.

OzKiwiJJ

2 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Nice video. Well done.

I awoke this morning to the Concert programme playing 

“Nearer my God to thee “ , and “ Abide with me “. 🤔🤔🤔

Are you sure you woke up?

Reminded me of a story David Lange told about having major surgery.  Eventually coming around he heard beautiful singing. He said he was torn between being happy to be in heaven, or sad to have passed on with so much back on earth.

Then he finally realised it was a choir entertaining the patients in the ward.

As always, he embraced life.

49 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Are you sure you woke up?

Reminded me of a story David Lange told about having major surgery.  Eventually coming around he heard beautiful singing. He said he was torn between being happy to be in heaven, or sad to have passed on with so much back on earth.

Then he finally realised it was a choir entertaining the patients in the ward.

As always, he embraced life.

Yess ...a bit ominous in today’s clime me thinks. 
Too subliminal at that hour of the morning.. 

If you miss going to the show lounge , try typing concert into the search box of You Tube on your smart TV .

Huge choice available. I usually look for full concert ,an hour or two , and make an evening of it .Shows like Oklahoma, Carousel ,pop concerts, jazz concerts . ....whatever you want .Such fun .😀

47 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Happy middle of spring in Victoria.  Mt Buller today.

3625289B-CA84-495B-A3D2-D4411DD54AF8.thumb.jpeg.abfd5c8426fe52d1f72d8afb1479012e.jpeg

Looks chilly on the Alps, no wonder it is 8c down here, port weather. Thanks for posting, is it chilly in Melbourne Adrian?

Edited by NSWP

On 9/21/2020 at 5:01 AM, Kiwi Kruzer said:

If you miss going to the show lounge , try typing concert into the search box of You Tube on your smart TV .

Huge choice available. I usually look for full concert ,an hour or two , and make an evening of it .Shows like Oklahoma, Carousel ,pop concerts, jazz concerts . ....whatever you want .Such fun .😀

i like that big choir, Perpetuum  jazzile, Slovaks I think, they do some great concerts on youtube.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Looks chilly on the Alps, no wonder it is 8c down here, port weather. Thanks for posting, is it chilly in Melbourne Adrian?

Yep, chilly, windy, rainy in Melbourne.

Usually, this would be Show week and school holidays.

Today would have been the grand final holiday, with the big game tomorrow.

Nothing is usual anymore.

59 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Yep, chilly, windy, rainy in Melbourne.

Usually, this would be Show week and school holidays.

Today would have been the grand final holiday, with the big game tomorrow.

Nothing is usual anymore.

I thought the grand final holiday was still on?

13 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I thought the grand final holiday was still on?

It is Les, but GF is October 24th, so public holiday will be the 23rd.

Yes, as Adrian said it is freezing and raining here in south east sububs by the bay. Only been about 7 all afternoon and very windy now.

Leigh

We had a very windy afternoon but it seems to have eased a bit now, however not before it gave my cat a fright. He was out on our balcony (yes, he's mad, he likes to go out there no matter what the weather is like). I think the wind blew one of the sunloungers about and it banged into something. Anyway he meowed to come back in "right now"!

• Like 1

The severe low which developed off SE Australia is heading over the Tasman and warnings are out for a severe. Weather Bomb to hit . It’s coupled with a cold southerly flow and snowfall warnings are out for the lower South Island .

Similar event happened 10 years ago and so much snow fell in Dunedin that it collapsed a stadium roof .

Great start to the school holidays .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

The severe low which developed off SE Australia is heading over the Tasman and warnings are out for a severe. Weather Bomb to hit . It’s coupled with a cold southerly flow and snowfall warnings are out for the lower South Island .

Similar event happened 10 years ago and so much snow fell in Dunedin that it collapsed a stadium roof .

Great start to the school holidays .

It was 30 degrees here in Brisbane yesterday and we had an absolute cracker thunder storm last night.  It's so windy this morning that it could blow the spots off a dog.  Honestly, nothing is normal anymore.  I find using '2020' as a swearword puts things into a lovely perspective ... "the 2020 umbrella is in the bottom of the 2020 pool!  How the 2020 do I get that out?"  🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, V_icki_e said:

It was 30 degrees here in Brisbane yesterday and we had an absolute cracker thunder storm last night.  It's so windy this morning that it could blow the spots off a dog.  Honestly, nothing is normal anymore.  I find using '2020' as a swearword puts things into a lovely perspective ... "the 2020 umbrella is in the bottom of the 2020 pool!  How the 2020 do I get that out?"  🙂 

I wish this year would just get the 2020 out of here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think a got of people will look back and look at 2020

as the year the of being stuck in limbo..

Nobody went anyway... and sadly a lot of people of died.....

For us it been different.... the hardest is for me is not being able to go anywhere.....

and the 5km limit is bad along with the 4 reasons to leave home.......

The only thing is what will 2021 bring...... a different world ? not sure....

will it return to Normal..... or will it be this "" Covid19-Normal"   whatever that is......

One good thing is we are in a lucky part of the world...... glad we are not elsewhere...

Cheers adn turn for a second cuppa Don

• Like 2

Update from Air NZ

Any passengers to NZ from Oct  5 must now have pre arranged quarantine organised and be holding a voucher for such , before boarding.

International travel options

Here's how we are adapting to the changing COVID-19 situation and the changes in international travel.
Last updated 22 September 2020 at 4.28PM NZT

Effective 5 October 2020, all passengers arriving in New Zealand will need to register their managed isolation accommodation requirements, and be in receipt of a Managed Isolation Allocation System Voucher prior to check-in. For more information visit the MIQ Government site.

3 hours ago, V_icki_e said:

We had the really strong winds in Sydney yesterday, especially during the evening. It was wild! It's still fairly windy this morning. Lots of places in NSW and VIC reported snow falls.

I refuse to acknowledge this year by it's name, just as "this ****** year". 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have been having some pretty substantial rain here, 2 mornings in a row I had the windshield wiper set on "Noah" and they still weren't keeping up. Strange thing though both yesterday and today it cleared up in the afternoon and we have nice sunshine this evening (it is 1800 hrs. Friday here). Clearly fall is here in Victoria 😉

It's been blowing dogs off chains here for the last two days. Some of my pot plants a getting blown of the deck. All bits off odd stuff landing in my pool. Out door furniture cushions blown around the yard. Palm fronds hitting the roof and the strangest, my plastic pool resuscitation chart which was screwed to the house wall is in pieces on the deck. I'm supposed to go windsurfing this arvo but I think I'll give it a miss.

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

It's been blowing dogs off chains here for the last two days. Some of my pot plants a getting blown of the deck. All bits off odd stuff landing in my pool. Out door furniture cushions blown around the yard. Palm fronds hitting the roof and the strangest, my plastic pool resuscitation chart which was screwed to the house wall is in pieces on the deck. I'm supposed to go windsurfing this arvo but I think I'll give it a miss.

We were lucky to miss out on the wild weather on the Gold Coast.