Keeping our morale up during the pandemic.

OzKiwiJJ

3 hours ago, lyndarra said:

It's been blowing dogs off chains here for the last two days. Some of my pot plants a getting blown of the deck. All bits off odd stuff landing in my pool. Out door furniture cushions blown around the yard. Palm fronds hitting the roof and the strangest, my plastic pool resuscitation chart which was screwed to the house wall is in pieces on the deck. I'm supposed to go windsurfing this arvo but I think I'll give it a miss.

Skipped windsurfing today as there is a competition on. Came home to see someone's houseboat has broken free of its mooring and has washed ashore at The Pines, Belmont South caravan park. It's an excellent caravan park to stay at if passing through.

38 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Skipped windsurfing today as there is a competition on. Came home to see someone's houseboat has broken free of its mooring and has washed ashore at The Pines, Belmont South caravan park. It's an excellent caravan park to stay at if passing through.

We had a catamaran washed up on Fly Point inside Port Stephens overnight.

5 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I am sure the water would have been chilly.

But it would cool the 🇨🇱 chile con carne down.lol I go beserk with the 🌶 chilli powder and tabasco when I make ye ole chilli con carne. Like call the 🔥 brigade.

Edited by NSWP

33 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

We started daylight savings today.😎

Summer here we come. 🥳🏄‍♀️🏊‍♂️🪂🏖⛱

We have another week to go. Sunrise is around 5:30 now. Hard to get a sleep-in. 🥱

Edited by By The Bay

Has mask fatigue set in Sydney?  Actually went out and about this weekend (first time ive used my Opal card since March)  and whilst all staff i saw were wearing masks - in Bunnings, in stores, at the train stations, the general public were not. Mentioned this to daughter tonight. She commutes to CBD 4 times a week.  3 weeks ago she was telling me everyone on the train wears a mask like she does.  Tonight, i mentioned that i was surprised how few people were wearing masks on the trains and at the shops and she said yeah, people aren't wearing them anymore. 

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Has mask fatigue set in Sydney?  

Almost nobody wearing masks where I live just south of Brisbane. Went down to the Gold Coast on Sunday - VERY busy (probably because school hols??) and no masks to be seen anywhere.   This pandemic will just have to run out it's course (Worldwide) - this is going to take some years. We always knew that "flattening the curve" strategy was only ever meant to slow down the rate of effect of the virus to a manageable level but the success of this across the country have led many to believe that we can now adopt an " elimination - nobody must die " strategy. IMO impossible and unsustainable. 

The Entertainment industry was badly hit by the pandemic.  Last weekend it was good to see organisers adapting to the restrictions.  Saturday night, My girls went to a "blow up screen" drive in movie, on an empty block, which was popular.  Sunday, we went to our first outdoors concert at HOTA.  You were given a flag with a number on it, which you put in a square marked on the ground.  All guests were to stay in their pod, all correctly separated.  It was wonderful to see the pure joy when many people danced the twist in their pod, for the last song.  It was a beautiful sunny GC afternoon.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Sunday, we went to our first outdoors concert at HOTA.  You were given a flag with a number on it, which you put in a square marked on the ground.  All guests were to stay in their pod, all correctly separated.  It was wonderful to see the pure joy when many people danced the twist in their pod, for the last song.  It was a beautiful sunny GC afternoon.  

The modern form of Square dancing.

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

The modern form of Square dancing.

Yes.  There were a couple of young girls in the square in front of us.  One got up and danced like no-one was watching (like the old saying), whilst the other one was too embarrassed so danced sitting down, with her long legs flying across the square.  

11 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

What great news - only five new cases in Melbourne today.  I was afraid to believe it would only be a short time until Melbourne would turn the corner, because of its strict lowdown and restrictions.  I'm so pleased for everyone in Melbourne.  

Thanks....... Fingers crossed we keep on going....... and People do not go silly......

Dreaming of getting in the car and getting out of Melbourne..........

( hope it goes as it was serviced earlier this year and has only done 200km since... )

Cheers Don

Edited by getting older slowly
fat fingers leading to spelling mistakes
  • Like 1