Keeping our morale up during the pandemic.

OzKiwiJJ

1 minute ago, joejoe 59 said:

Election is Oct 31st. Not sure why it would open before when she stated all along it wouldn't. 

Apparently the rates of community transmission are decreasing. If they increase, the border will not fully re-open.

8 minutes ago, Bowm54 said:

Apparently the rates of community transmission are decreasing. If they increase, the border will not fully re-open.

It'll be great when the whole country opens up, I just wondered why she would back track on what she's been saying all along.

1 hour ago, Bowm54 said:

Qld border is now open to Northern NSW.
Chief Health officer said at midday, border may open completely to NSW on 22nd October.

May indeed, if there is a little spike in NSW cases, then Qld will not open their border, guarantee that.  How can people make travel plans? 

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

How can people make travel plans? 

May I suggest.... either a magic 8 ball  or a crystal ball... would be the best.....

We are still waiting to see when one can escape melbourne.......

I was thinking of bouncing a basketball , something with a motorbike.... jumping a couple of fences...

Cheers Don

7 hours ago, NSWP said:

May indeed, if there is a little spike in NSW cases, then Qld will not open their border, guarantee that.  How can people make travel plans? 

Yes, it's utterly pointless to make travel plans based on that, and past actions. Boarder open/closed/open/closed. Slightly helpful perhaps for people who wish to see family etc. 

3 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

We are still waiting to see when one can escape melbourne.......

I was thinking of bouncing a basketball , something with a motorbike.... jumping a couple of fences...

Cheers Don

11 minutes ago, LC1950 said:

LOL Don ... here's your theme tune for that little escapade.  Can I ride pillion on your motorbike please?

Wasn't it a baseball?

32 minutes ago, ELep said:

Yes, it's utterly pointless to make travel plans based on that, and past actions. Boarder open/closed/open/closed. Slightly helpful perhaps for people who wish to see family etc. 

Just don't book anything you can't cancel or change dates on without penalty. That's the reality  things do open and close depending on cases 

17 hours ago, NSWP said:

9 hours ago, lissie said:

Just don't book anything you can't cancel or change dates on without penalty. That's the reality  things do open and close depending on cases 

I agree.  I booked refundable flights to Darwin.  When NT closed its borders again, at short notice, I was able to get full reimbursement of my points.  These booking terms were available until 31.10.20, at the time.  I wouldn't have made the booking otherwise.

10 hours ago, lissie said:

Thanks, yes I realize this. With the way that various states are carrying on here in AU, it's just not worth the hassle. Particularly QLD. The premier there seems to be acting like a cat on a hot tin roof, as the saying goes. She closed the border to many NSW residents for the second time with two hours notice. She is still saying NSW needs 28 days of no community contact before border fully opens. Although recently said something I little different I understand. 

Really one can't really plan anything with certainty.... at the moment....

Even a trip to country Victoria..... is a bit iffy  ... as Dan could lock down Melbourne again.....

Is is like waiting at the traffic lights......  but ten people are pressing the buttons

Coffee time   Don 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bowm54 said:

Qld border is now open to Northern NSW.
Chief Health officer said at midday, border may open completely to NSW on 22nd October.

The borders reopening date is now a movable date and will depend on NSW having no community transmission for 28 days straight. A very tall order. Here is the latest as reported by the SMH.

"The NSW-Queensland border will remain shut until at least November 1 despite NSW recording no new cases of community-transmitted COVID-19."

Oh wait, isn't that the day after the State election.🙃  🤔

• Like 1