Lift and Shift

wwjd1947

We are booked on the Eclipse for April 4 and April 18, 2021.  Because these cruises are very "iffy" we want to LIFT and SHIFT to the Solstice in April 10, 2022.   When I put in my reservation number on the online Lift and Shift site it says res number not recognized.  What am I missing?  HELP 

I looked at doing a L & S for the 4/4/21 Eclipse sailing had had the choice of 3/13/22,  3/27/22, Or 4/10/22.  So there are options to L & S the  4/4 sailing.  Others have reported that there is no L & S option for the 4/18 sailing.  We  aren’t going to

L & S as we don’t care for the itineraries.  

If you  trying to L & S after logging into your account try doing it without logging in.

I was able to L & S another reservation without logging in.

1 hour ago, wwjd1947 said:

We are booked on the Eclipse for April 4 and April 18, 2021.  Because these cruises are very "iffy" we want to LIFT and SHIFT to the Solstice in April 10, 2022.   When I put in my reservation number on the online Lift and Shift site it says res number not recognized.  What am I missing?  HELP 

If you booked through a TA, are you possibly entering their reservation number instead of Celebrity's? Our TA always has both numbers listed on any correspondence. 

• Like 3

interesting, Shake and Bake ... .our UK friends were told they didn't qualify because of some special rate -- wonder if that is it. I always think our British cousins get shafted on special rates, but I didn't see anything on the Celebrity announcenment of Life and Shift that referred to "special rates" ---

What's the point of offering if everyone can't do it???

Seems more Bait and Switch than Lift and Shift, no???

I switched from 03/21 to 01/22, which was one of the 4 cruise options I was offered on line by hitting Lift & Switch. The only problem I encounted was some of my perks were missing. Called Celebrity, and within 10 minutes everything came up as the original cruise. I even saved $4.00 in taxes.

13 hours ago, bellasorella said:
20 hours ago, bellasorella said:

Has anyone who lives in the U.K.  been able to “Lift and Shift”? I see some Canadian posters have, and I believe quite a few of our Aussie friends. But Britain tends to have more restrictive booking. Asking for a friend....

We are in UK and had no problem using Lift and Shift - booked onboard on our previous cruise on Connie for a September 2020 cruise on Silhouette, got a really good deal inc drinks package, grats and $500 OBC, had the booking transferred to our UK TA who added extras to the deal. When L&S was announced I just contacted our UK TA in May to move everything to September 2021 and everything was sorted within 24hrs. Same price, same perks, same deal, same ship, same itinerary, same cabin grade (but better location) and it showed on my Celebrity account 24 hrs later ..... couldn’t have been easier !!

Edited by barneymag

22 hours ago, bellasorella said:

Has anyone who lives in the U.K.  been able to “Lift and Shift”? I see some Canadian posters have, and I believe quite a few of our Aussie friends. But Britain tends to have more restrictive booking. Asking for a friend....

We lifted our Sept 20 Ireland and Iceland cruise to Sept 21 no problem 

We are booked on the Equinox for March 2021.  If we have to Lift and Shift- we do not have an option on that ship that will work for 2022.  Can we move to another month or another ship?  My DH schedule will not work for the other equinox cruises in March 2022 we can do an Edge or Apex cruise, which would be shorter.  Would we be able to move to the same type of suite?

Edited by Cruise a holic

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

We are booked on the Equinox for March 2021.  If we have to Lift and Shift- we do not have an option on that ship that will work for 2022.  Can we move to another month or another ship?  My DH schedule will not work for the other equinox cruises in March 2022 we can do an Edge or Apex cruise, which would be shorter.  Would we be able to move to the same type of suite?

You can switch within S/M class if you're on Equinox, depending on the cruise itinerary and length you're trying to switch FROM.

According to the L&S checker you should be able to switch to these dates:

March 12, 2021:

mar12.jpg.d36160cf9058bd7c6e92d46635f66b1e.jpg

March 21, 2021:

mar21.jpg.13203d008405849c80e117cc0c725991.jpg

Edited by mikkelhansen

2 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

You can switch within S/M class if you're on Equinox, depending on the cruise itinerary and length you're trying to switch FROM.

According to the L&S checker you should be able to switch to these dates:

March 12, 2021:

mar12.jpg.d36160cf9058bd7c6e92d46635f66b1e.jpg

March 21, 2021:

mar21.jpg.13203d008405849c80e117cc0c725991.jpg

Those dates will not work for my Husbands schedule- He is a university professor and his break will be march 12 to March 20,2022.  So unfortunately we cannot sail on the Equinox- the Reflection has a 7 day cruise that will work for us.  Unfortunately the Equinox was a 9 night cruise-  

4 hours ago, Sunseeker810 said:

I too may lift and shift my cruise.  I was told that it has to be within a four week window on either side.  Also, it has to be the same class cabin and ship.  I am on the Edge, so it will have to be on that ship or the Apex.

I was booked for Jan 30, 2021 for 7 day Med on Summit, penthouse suite, FIRST TIME EVER!  I was able to lift & shift, to same ship and same PH for Jan 15, 2022, and they was NO upcharge to do it.  

We were on a 5th December South American cruise and had the offer of the same date in 2021 or the 2nd Jan 2022. The Xmas cruise was not offered! This was on the UK website. 

However the cruise was cheaper (£1000) if we booked it afresh. I called Celebrity and cancelled the December 2020 cruise and took across the deposit. Lost the OBC and gratuities but still saved £1000 for the two of us. We had a FCC for a cancelled Norwegian cruise and added that. As we booked the Norwegian onboard a cruise we added the $250 OBC, Worked out well.

From an answer above @barneymag Can we move this cruise to a UK TA if more OBC available? We received 10% discount as I am ex-military which has to be booked direct so may not be possible.

Where did you find the L & S tracker???  How do you know which cruises are Lift and Shiftable??

I've been trying to move our Feb 15, 2021on the Reflection.  Was told it is not eligible.  It is a comped cruise through Blue Chip Club.  I was able to L & S our BCC cruise  on the Apex for Nov. 2020 to Nov. 2021. So it is possible.

9 minutes ago, Sunseeker810 said:

So, I called today to go through with the lift and shift.  And, to my disappointment, I was told that I could not do it.  My booking was a comp and they will not move it.☹️ It is for April 4th on the Edge.

so other than the understandable dissapointment of not going on the cruise, you do not loose any $$$, correct?

2 hours ago, scidee said:

Where did you find the L & S tracker???  How do you know which cruises are Lift and Shiftable??

I've been trying to move our Feb 15, 2021on the Reflection.  Was told it is not eligible.  It is a comped cruise through Blue Chip Club.  I was able to L & S our BCC cruise  on the Apex for Nov. 2020 to Nov. 2021. So it is possible.

It can be found on Celebrity's travel agent-oriented website here: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/CEL_CWC_Sailing_Checker.zip

I believe I read somewhere that comped cruises are not eligible for L&S in the Royal Caribbean Group.

I did a L/S yesterday.  I called in to do it and was really easy.  The thing that bothered me on line was no place to request a specific cabin#.  When I was chatting with the Celeb person, they said my same cabin was available (which I'd already looked at on line) and that is the one I have received.  I'm happy!  Our original cruise was for Jan!  I don't want to be stressing over any of it, so the L/S was a good option.  If you plan to do this program, it appears that it has to be done by 9/30/2020.  We could still book a cruise for 2021 if we choose and things look better but now we are set for 2022.  The stress was too much for us trying to travel this Jan.  

By the way, the criteria to do this....Same ship class.  Within 4 weeks of current date.  Same class cabin.  Same length cruise.  Same itinerary.  

Edited by DragonflyCruiser
  • Like 1