Upcoming Sales?

DTL321

Hey CC Community:

Does anyone know what sales are upcoming from Celebrity? I know currently it is the save up to $500 and drink package.

I had a cruise on Celebrity Edge on hold for April, great price and incentives offered by a TA... went to put down the deposit and TA became unreachable! Will not be working with them ever again. So in short... lost my deal. Prices today are trending $300+ for the cruise and with even less OBC from most. 

Wondering if I missed out or if there possibly will be another deal coming up?

Any insight would be awesome!

Thank you.

Deals keep coming a dime a dozen, but choose a giant US travel agent with many employees so they are always reachable.

I earlier got a last minute deal on Celebrity Constellation--

902 dollars for 2 adults for 9 nights in an Ocean view with 300 OBC

Now Celebrity prices are much much higher

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, drsel said:

Deals keep coming a dime a dozen, but choose a giant US travel agent with many employees so they are always reachable.

I earlier got a last minute deal on Celebrity Constellation--

902 dollars for 2 adults for 9 nights in an Ocean view with 300 OBC

Now Celebrity prices are much much higher

Mind if you share which is your preferred agent? Sounds amazing! What date? haha

Mind if you share which is your preferred agent? Sounds amazing! What date? haha
These last minute deals are usually available 60 to 45 days prior to sailing.
They need to sell out the last few cabins.
But you will not get your choice of location, only a guarantee in most categories

I am booked for next May.  Great deal but I don't think I am going to keep it.  Looking for the next free 4 perk deal to book something else in 2022.  I am also wondering when these typically come up.  Someone told me shortly after Christmas so I am hopeful. Anyone know a typical time for these 4 perk sales?

M

3 hours ago, drsel said:
3 hours ago, peanut head said:
I use a big box store and get a percentage of the cruise fare in the form of a gift card that has no expiration date.

But that gift card can be used only by North Americans. What about the rest of the world?

You can always visit here.😊

5 hours ago, DTL321 said:

Hey CC Community:

Does anyone know what sales are upcoming from Celebrity? I know currently it is the save up to $500 and drink package.

I had a cruise on Celebrity Edge on hold for April, great price and incentives offered by a TA... went to put down the deposit and TA became unreachable! Will not be working with them ever again. So in short... lost my deal. Prices today are trending $300+ for the cruise and with even less OBC from most. 

Thank you.

Why didn't you just call X and book it directly ? Then transfer it.

I don't work with a TA but I would have thought they would have contacted you for the deposit so as not to lose the booking.

If the TA had it on "hold" how did you then lose it so quickly ?

19 hours ago, DTL321 said:

Hey CC Community:

Thank you.

Unless you are booking a suite, I think the TA did you a favor by saving you from the Edge.  If it were me, I'd try to find a similar itinerary on an S-class ship.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, drsel said:
17 hours ago, peanut head said:
You can always visit here.emoji4.png

Just to buy groceries?

There are big box stores located in the Asia, Australia, the UK, Spain and other parts of Europe, as well as North and South America.  The gift cards can be used in any department in the big box store.

I just booked the Summit for 1/3/22, 12 nights from SJU.  The total 2C (upgraded to 2B) was $3,050 including tips and OBC worth $750.  This is a group rate using one of the largest online cruise agency.

so does it work out to $1150 per person including the unlimited classic alcoholic beverage package?

Thanks everyone! I had the cruise on hold for FIVE days and was trying to get in contact for FOUR of those days. I did try to contact someone else at the office who was rude and somewhat aggressive.

I was really excited about the Edge to try the newest ship... Ended up booking a 5 night with the Infinity in Aquaclass. Feel like I got a pretty awesome deal via one of the big box stores but got to have a personal agent who I can get a hold of easily who had a pulse! ha. Will of course keep an eye on other deals via this site.

Let's keep the discussion going of any other upcoming sales! Celebrity does consistently have 3 perk/4 perk sales. Usually around major US holidays. Also as mentioned 60-90 days from sail.

Let's see, it works out to $1525 per person including two percs.  I selected the gratuities and OBC $300 from Celebrity and $50 from the travel agency. If you select the classic beverage package that leaves one more perc.  I believe that the gratuities are now $15.50 daily per person which is $186 for a net price of $1339 including beverages, if you so choose.  Also the $450 deposit per person is fully refundable up to final payment next October. So the net cost is less than $100 per diem per person for a balcony room - I fare that I haven't seen is quite a few years.  This is from "the world's largest seller of ocean and river cruises". 

10 hours ago, DTL321 said:

I was really excited about the Edge to try the newest ship... Ended up booking a 5 night with the Infinity in Aquaclass. Feel like I got a pretty awesome deal via one of the big box stores but got to have a personal agent who I can get a hold of easily who had a pulse! ha. Will of course keep an eye on other deals via this site.

Infinity is an older class of ship which as yet (unlike Summit and Millennium) has not been upgraded. You will still enjoy your cruise but expect a few wrinkles on the old girl!

Also Aqua class on the M class to me has less value as the Persian Garden area is very inferior to the one on S class, so you are basically just paying extra for Blu. Blu is of value if you prefer a smaller dining venue with a more personalised service. Also great for breakfast if you don’t particularly like buffets. An alternative on a 5 night cruise could be to book a standard balcony and use the money saved for visits to the speciality restaurants. Just a thought...

Sincere best wishes for a fantastic cruise!

If you are not particular about which cabin category and which location, then wait for the last minute deals wherein they crash the price by even 50% just to fill up the last few remaining cabins.

Sometimes seen 30 to 60 days prior to sailing

Of course, this is my experience before Covid.

I am not sure if history will repeat itself.

5 hours ago, drsel said:

If you are not particular about which cabin category and which location, then wait for the last minute deals wherein they crash the price by even 50% just to fill up the last few remaining cabins.

And if this happens since you booked before Sept 30, 2020 you will be able to claim any difference in fare under the Cruise With Confidence program although after final payment it will be issued as non refundable OBC.

6 hours ago, chemmo said:

Infinity is an older class of ship which as yet (unlike Summit and Millennium) has not been upgraded. You will still enjoy your cruise but expect a few wrinkles on the old girl!

Also Aqua class on the M class to me has less value as the Persian Garden area is very inferior to the one on S class, so you are basically just paying extra for Blu. Blu is of value if you prefer a smaller dining venue with a more personalised service. Also great for breakfast if you don’t particularly like buffets. An alternative on a 5 night cruise could be to book a standard balcony and use the money saved for visits to the speciality restaurants. Just a thought...

Sincere best wishes for a fantastic cruise!

Thank you! Yeah we have sailed the Infinity a couple years ago, we loved her! As long as they are looking after her, we are happy.

When we booked an A2 was marginally more than a C2 and LESS than an OV 06. Our cruise credit pretty much covered the cruise, another reason we went with this one... you know to be "fiscally" responsible haha. 

The Apex would of run us another $500 for an extra two nights in an E4... still thinking about it.