For sale?

Belfastman

I have seen that an 'R' ship is for sale on a site for selling cruise ships. It states that the ship is located in Glasgow. The pictures shown appear to be a P&O ship and the site states that the ship was built in 2001. Pursuit would fit the description but makes little sense to sell the one you have spent most money on recently.

https://www.qpsships.com/copy-of-s2127

Edited by Belfastman

It says United States in the brochure I am looking at and the images look more like an Oceania vessel

Pursuit looks nowhere like that inside - in fact nor does any Azamara ship

Edited by uktog
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, uktog said:

It says United States in the brochure I am looking at and the images look more like an Oceania vessel

More unfounded rumours. If that is the website I'm thinking it is, then it's definitely not somewhere to go to give an accurate picture of a cruiseline's plans. Especially in the middle of what is going on just now. 

Phil 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, uktog said:

You need to look at the update page 1. The yellow funnel looks like P&O to me. The pictures are old and show the inside of the P&O ship. It is definitely not an Oceania ship outside or inside.

• Like 1

This came up before on a different thread, definitely Pursuit in her P&O days, could be an old listing from before Carnival Corp decided they would sell to RCG. Remembering at that time Adonia, as she was then, was on charter to fathom fir cruises to Cuba so location would have been USA.

2 hours ago, Belfastman said:

I have seen that an 'R' ship is for sale on a site for selling cruise ships. It states that the ship is located in Glasgow. The pictures shown appear to be a P&O ship and the site states that the ship was built in 2001. Pursuit would fit the description but makes little sense to sell the one you have spent most money on recently.

https://www.qpsships.com/copy-of-s2127

It states twice, location of ship "United States of America"

• Like 1

The closest to the United States of America of any R-ship at the moment is Oceania's Regatta, which is in Ensenada, Mexico.  But heh, if there's so much confusion about Britain and Europe why not conflate the USA and Mexico?

Seriously though, with CCL looking to divest its older ships, and Princess being its most tarnished brand, IMHO the most likely R-ship to come on the market would be Pacific Princess.

Carnival Corporation to Sell More Cruise Ships

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, norn iron said:

It states twice, location of ship "United States of America"

I could post lots of tidbits and try to prove I'm in the know somehow, but I resist because speculation at this point is pointless in my eyes. Third party resources like this even more so. 

Phil 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I could post lots of tidbits and try to prove I'm in the know somehow, but I resist because speculation at this point is pointless in my eyes. Third party resources like this even more so. 

Phil 

Phil, I agree.

I think Riocca summed it it pretty well, its an old posting which I saw months back.

• Like 2

Not so sure it’s an old posting. At the top of the site on the main company listing there’s a ‘Be Safe’ logo with a drawing of a mask, so that section is definitely current.

The photos are definitely not of Pursuit as she is now - the inside decor is totally wrong, and as uktog & norn iron say it definitely says location is US.

12 minutes ago, norn iron said:

What you have posted here is from QPS website. The download brochure says United States twice. So if you were interested in buying the ship you wouldn't know where to look for it.

Check the date on the QPS website as to when the listing was refreshed to reflect the current location. I think the brochure may be out of date as even the pictures shown are not current.

In addition to the cabins that Azamara uses for passengers there are other cabins used for staff and crew.  A new owner wouldn't have to keep the same passenger/crew ratio.  So counting cabins wouldn't settle it either!

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

In addition to the cabins that Azamara uses for passengers there are other cabins used for staff and crew.  A new owner wouldn't have to keep the same passenger/crew ratio.  So counting cabins wouldn't settle it either!

Which are shown as a separate figure

QPS list the ships and boats for sale on their website in chronological order. The R ship under debate is S2140, the most recent listing S2553, so I would suggest S2140 is a very old listing, and most probably Adonia.

If you examine their site further S2164 and S2355 are also R Ships, only they are hidden from view.

I would suggest they are Pacific Princess (which is available for sale on other websites) and what was Ocean Princess which is now Sirena.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Princess still uses Deck 3 cabins for passengers  so as stated above owners  use the cabins in different ways.  

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

This doesn't answer the question whether Pursuit is for sale, but it clearly hasn't been sold:  Azamara announced today that it is resuming cruising in Spring 2021 with all three ships.

Azamara Announcement 20201006.pdf 2.46 MB · 4 downloads

Host Jazzbeau, I stand by my post #21. 

This thread virtually stopped as a result of my post, which would indicate most contributors accepted it.

What amazed me was a CC member genuinely copied my post onto the Oceania forum and the posters there totally ignored it and continued to convince themselves Pursuit was for sale. It struck me that the Oceania forum had a fear phobia of Azamara.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, norn iron said:

Host Jazzbeau, I stand by my post #21. 

This thread virtually stopped as a result of my post, which would indicate most contributors accepted it.

What amazed me was a CC member genuinely copied my post onto the Oceania forum and the posters there totally ignored it and continued to convince themselves Pursuit was for sale. It struck me that the Oceania forum had a fear phobia of Azamara.

I'm sure you are right about Pursuit and that ad.  My take on that Oceania thread was that the Oceania fans have a fear that Oceania is going to see one or more of their R-ships.  And I believe they will, sooner than Azamara, because they have two O-class ships and are building two A-class ships for 2022 and 2025.