Jump to content

**** THREAD TO DISCUSS SEPT. 16 CRUISE CANCELLATION NOTICE*********


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Anyone heard anything about the Nov 1 Breeze out of Ft. Lauderdale? I have a friend booked on it.

 According to a poster in a related thread, they called Carnival and the cruise was still scheduled.

 

Shocking, I know!   🤯

 

As I over-explained there - it will be not cancelled until it is cancelled.  Hopefully that won't happen, but it's the nature of what we're dealing with.

Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL, getting comical - had the Breeze originally booked on Dec. 27th, it was canceled to replace the Radiance, booked Magic on Dec. 26th - now cancelled so booked on Breeze again - all in all - lost $500 in the three bookings

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well - I know they can't hold out forever, but a lot of this is out of their hands. I recall reading somewhere a couple months ago that NCL was better positioned (cash wise) to weather a longer downturn than Carnival? Of course, that can change with the weather! No doubt CCL stock is still a deal (trading in the teens), until it's NOT !  

 

As an aside - I kick myself for not picking up Sirius stock when it was down to $.05, when most everyone predicted it was going under.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DD fun said:

With these new cruises cancelled Carnival  has  only a few ships left in service . This should make it much easier to find enough staff and crew to support the remaining ships. Maybe a good sign that they will be able to get things started again soon.


A few? “Few” generally means three. They have many more ships that still have November cruises scheduled currently than just three. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

It would really be easier if they listed the cruises that they haven't canceled for 2020/2021.

I have a January 2021 on the Sunrise (replacement for Sunshine) out of Miami and a Glory out of New Orleans in May 2021 still scheduled. Looks like i missed this round of cancellations. Whew close though

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wikoffclan said:

Our final payment was due today (11/16) for our 11/30/2020 Valor out of New Orleans. Called yesterday and PVP was able to push final payment 14 days out to 9/30. Today I get notice the cruise is cancelled. BUT I'm offered FCC + $600 OBC --- on a 5 night cruise! Disappointed to be shut out of another cruise, but I'm a happy and grateful (platinum) Carnival cruiser!! 

 

I was also going to sail on that 11/30 cruise.  Disappointed, but everything went smoothly with the rebooking.

I like that itinerary and it's convenient for me.  I already have another booking for 2021, so I asked them to clone my existing reservation and schedule the same cruise for 2022.

 

She understood exactly what I wanted.  The canceled cruise was done with an Amex $100 off a $750 cruise offer, so I wanted to avoid any potential clawback from Amex, and the 2022 cruise was cheaper.  I told her to just add the difference to my existing onboard credit and I'm even in the same cabin.

 

Maybe I will see you, hopefully when things are mask-free and back to normal, in November 2021 or 2022.

 

The email says specifically that you don't need to call, but if you already have another cruise planned, I would call.  It was easy and she sent me an email with the new booking, a zero balance that clearly shows the total onboard credit.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pe4all said:

Thanks for link to article.  Had re-scheduled my Magic cruise for 3/21/21.  Hopefully drydock won't be extended and I will be cancelled for 3rd time.

We are scheduled on the Magic on 3/27/21 (from a cancelled trip this year).    I told my sisters the same this - hopefully dry dock goes as planned and we aren't  cancelled again.     By then we will have purchased air and pre-cruise  hotel too.   So fingers crossed for both of us to finally get to cruise again

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are scheduled to sale Magic out of NYC in June 2021 after cancellation of 9 day NYC Radiance June 2020. It hardly seems like something to even get excited about. I received  a refund from the prior cruise- with the exception of $500 which I had transferred to new booking along with a tiny cash deposit. I do not dare to make further payments. I do not feel bitter- I understand entirely. But boy, would I ever love to cruise!!! Anyone thinking they’ll pull the ships out of NYC for 2021?

Link to post
Share on other sites

They aren't just yanking ships arbitrarily, there appears to be logic to it.  These ships need to visit a shipyard in 2021 for required scheduled maintenance.  Better to deal with that maintenance during this time than try to pull off a handful of cruises at reduced capacity and just when the industry begins to roar back pull them out of service to perform the mandatory maintenance.  

 

So while related to the pandemic, they are not just yanking ships out of service for no reason.  

 

I know it's disappointing for anyone with a cancelled cruise but it seems they are trying to best play the crappy hand they've been dealt.  This shouldn't be a trend for ships that didn't already need scheduled work done in 2021.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, drsel said:



 

Today, Carnival cancelled 2 of my 3 Cruises booked using fresh cash.(not FCCs)

 

For my 2 cancelled Carnival Spirit Cruises, the 2 deposits paid by me in fresh cash are US $550 & $344

 

The third Cruise which is not cancelled has a balance payment of US $635

 

1. So which deposit should I transfer to the third Cruise?

2. If I transfer both the deposits, can the excess payment can be converted to OBC or not?

3. Should I take a refund of $550 and transfer the other deposit of $344?

4. Carnival is offering Aus $900 OBC for each of the 2 cancelled Cruises. Can both OBCs be added on to the third Cruise?

 

Thanks in anticipation

 

My travel agent has advised me that Carnival does not allow multiple FCCs to be stacked.
As I already have one from last February, I am choosing the cash refund of my cash deposit for the 1/25 transatlantic on Valor.  I was not intending to make further payments.
 

Edited by BoughtMyPoints
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was lucky today. I booked a b-to-b on Carnival Spirit from Singapore next June. Today they canceled Spirit up until the the two I have booked. WHEW. I assume Spirit will be in for maintenance, and we will enjoy any upgrades they do. I wouldn't mind a bit if they added a Seafood Shack aboard. Now I am hoping Singapore and Australia drop the travel restrictions by then. I am trying to decide if I want to fly JAL to Singapore via Japan, or take Qatar Air to Singapore and enjoy a few days in Doha on the way home.

I can't wait to get my vaccine shots. I was happy today to see Biden saying he doesn't trust it, that means the line will be shorter for me!

My next voyage is Feb 27 and March 13 on Panorama. So far that looks solid. The ship is on its way for November start, provisions ordered, and the Dome has been swept broom clean.   

Edited by Moviela
Link to post
Share on other sites

Like others my cruise was canceled for a 2nd time. Previously we had already received the 600 OBC. Does this mean we are getting an additional 600? Probably not. But seems crazy if there is no additional incentive to not cancel.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our cruise has now been canceled for the 2nd time. I have a cruise booked on the Mardis Gras in May 2022. I want to move the money from my Magic cruise that was just canceled over to that cruise. Is this possible? Also, to complicated things a little more. The magic cruise was booked by my wife and the Mardis Gras cruise was booked under my name. We are both on the cruise so will that make a difference when trying to move the money over to the other booked cruise? Thanks for the info. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Like others my cruise was canceled for a 2nd time. Previously we had already received the 600 OBC. Does this mean we are getting an additional 600? Probably not. But seems crazy if there is no additional incentive to not cancel.
You will not get a second OBC of 600.
the same OBC will get transferred to your third Cruise
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lensonlife said:

We are scheduled to sale Magic out of NYC in June 2021 after cancellation of 9 day NYC Radiance June 2020. It hardly seems like something to even get excited about. I received  a refund from the prior cruise- with the exception of $500 which I had transferred to new booking along with a tiny cash deposit. I do not dare to make further payments. I do not feel bitter- I understand entirely. But boy, would I ever love to cruise!!! Anyone thinking they’ll pull the ships out of NYC for 2021?

I am also booked on the Magic out of NYC for June 2021. The only thing i fear is they might be some dancing of the ships again between now and then. I wont be surprised if there is a ship change for these cruises

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Moviela said:

I was lucky today. I booked a b-to-b on Carnival Spirit from Singapore next June. Today they canceled Spirit up until the the two I have booked. WHEW. I assume Spirit will be in for maintenance, and we will enjoy any upgrades they do. I wouldn't mind a bit if they added a Seafood Shack aboard. Now I am hoping Singapore and Australia drop the travel restrictions by then. I am trying to decide if I want to fly JAL to Singapore via Japan, or take Qatar Air to Singapore and enjoy a few days in Doha on the way home.

I can't wait to get my vaccine shots. I was happy today to see Biden saying he doesn't trust it, that means the line will be shorter for me!

My next voyage is Feb 27 and March 13 on Panorama. So far that looks solid. The ship is on its way for November start, provisions ordered, and the Dome has been swept broom clean.   

Love the Singapore cruises, hope the go. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cruisefanatic71 said:

Our cruise has now been canceled for the 2nd time. I have a cruise booked on the Mardis Gras in May 2022. I want to move the money from my Magic cruise that was just canceled over to that cruise. Is this possible? Also, to complicated things a little more. The magic cruise was booked by my wife and the Mardis Gras cruise was booked under my name. We are both on the cruise so will that make a difference when trying to move the money over to the other booked cruise? Thanks for the info. 

There's a few things here but first it is possible to apply the balance from a canceled cruise to a different cruise that you already booked and the name difference doesn't matter since you're both on the two cruises. It would get complicated if you used different travel agents for each cruise or Carnival for one of them and a TA for the other but hopefully you booked the same way for both. Just call soon because once they start operating they may not be as flexible. 

Edited by regoodwinjr
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, regoodwinjr said:

There's a few things here but first it is possible to apply the balance from a canceled cruise to a different cruise that you already booked and the name difference doesn't matter since you're both on the two cruises. It would get complicated if you used different travel agents for each cruise or Carnival for one of them and a TA for the other but hopefully you booked the same way for both. Just call soon because once they start operating they may not be as flexible. 

On the last cruise that was cancelled for us, Carnival would not allow us to apply the balance from a canceled cruise to a different cruise.  But I'm gonna try again for this cancellation.  Fingers crossed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it depends on the skill of your travel agent.

If they can request Carnival to allow you to transfer the deposit of your cancelled Cruise to another already booked Cruise, instead of forcing you to book a fresh Cruise.

Because I read that travel agents get commission on all cancelled Cruises.
They are supposed to get it once the Cruise is officially cancelled by Carnival.

Normally, commission is paid after the sailing is completed

Link to post
Share on other sites

I need advice/opinions please. I had my Jan paradise out of Tampa cancelled.  

Ive found another cruise around the same date  January 2021 on the elation out of port canaveral. 

     Do you think I should book it?  I hate to give them more money for another deposit though not really having a ton of confidence that it will sail. 

     Should I wait it out or book now?  I’m really desperate to cruise and will go along with any restrictions. Has anyone had any luck using their original deposit to book another cruise?

thanks for any opinions

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...