not staying logged in

every time i want to view a roll call on cruise critic, i have to log in all over again.  it seems to me that i used to stay logged in to cruise critic until i logged out which i really never do.  why won't it keep me logged in anymore?

USCAdventurer

David

48 minutes ago, USC Adventurer said:

every time i want to view a roll call on cruise critic, i have to log in all over again.  it seems to me that i used to stay logged in to cruise critic until i logged out which i really never do.  why won't it keep me logged in anymore?

USCAdventurer

David

@USC Adventurer

What sort of device are you using? PC, laptop, tablet, iPad, iPhone, Mac, etc? Also, your browser? Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, etc?

Here are a few previous oldie but goodie threads on this forum that might have something in them to help you regarding your situation:

Edited by Host Kat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny laptop keys!

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, shof515 said:

Using Firefox 80, i noticed i am not staying logged in. Whenever i go to a new page like to view a post or a forum categories i am always signed out

42 minutes ago, greykitty said:

I noticed this starting the other day.  Both using Edge and Windows 10 on laptop, and Safari with iPhone.  Pretty annoying.

@shof515 @greykitty

Howdy!  emo22.gif

Send an email to help@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic email address of record. Be sure to mention your member name, the type of device you are using, your browser and any screen shots will be helpful.

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

9 hours ago, greykitty said:

Still occurring this morning (Thursday) - did not get reply (or automated response that message received) from help@cruisecritic.com.  Are they aware of issue?  Thanks!

@Host Kat

I'm still having a problem as well. I did receive an automated response from  help@cruisecritic but issue still not resolved. I would like to know as well if issues are being worked on.  I would really like to be able access member reviews. Thanks.

• Like 2

Thank you all for your comments!

Staff/Administrators handle emails when they can while "wearing many hats" & "having fingers in many pies". Cuise Critic is under the TripAdvisor umbrella. Some changes had to be made re personnel. Note this old thread from back in April:

All emails to Cruise Critic are answered in order of receipt. With over a million and a half members sending emails 24/7 from all over the world, please be patient for any reply or action. Hosts/Moderators are non-paid volunteers and work the boards when their real life permits. Most Staff/Administrators work regular weekday business hours unless they are on vacation.

Remember, you can always contact the Community Manager LauraS at community@cruisecritic.com anytime from your Cruise Critic email address of record. Be sure to mention your user name. 

From the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

"... The Community Manager has overall control of everything that happens within the Community. The Community Manager oversees how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, is responsible for our Rules of Participation, what information to require from members and who to appoint as Community Hosts. You may contact the Community Manager at: community@cruisecritic.com..."

Also,

"... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com..."

Thanking you in advance for your patience,

Host Kat emo32.gif

In the meantime, you could try deleting just your cruise critic cookies - this will reset your log in cookie and if that is the issue the reset should help.

Deleting a single cookie is different for each browser type.  This site has instructions for various browsers

https://www.lifewire.com/clear-cookies-for-one-site-4587347

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

This is still happening to me, mostly on Chrome on my PC but sometimes on my mobile as well.  One minute I'll be logged in, the next minute I'm not.  Daily or more.

Have you checked your browser settings? It must keep cookies for the cc site.

10 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Of course it does, but I fail to see how that is relevant here. But I will clear my cookies, once again!

It is possible to have a browser not allow or discard cookies for a site. CC uses a cookie to determine logged in status.

On 10/12/2020 at 9:39 PM, broberts said:

It is possible to have a browser not allow or discard cookies for a site. CC uses a cookie to determine logged in status.

Yes, I'm sure CC does that.  I have cleared my cache, and it does not help.  It's happening multiple times a day, sometimes while I am typing a post, which is very annoying.  So I'm at my wit's end.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Yes, I'm sure CC does that.  I have cleared my cache, and it does not help.  It's happening multiple times a day, sometimes while I am typing a post, which is very annoying.  So I'm at my wit's end.

If it’s a cookie issue, which it sounds like, a cache clear likely won’t fix that.  You can clear out just the cruise critic cookie instead of clearing all cookies. Close out your browser then log back in on boards.cruisecritic.com

let me know if this helps 

1 hour ago, CC Help Jenn said:

If it’s a cookie issue, which it sounds like, a cache clear likely won’t fix that.  You can clear out just the cruise critic cookie instead of clearing all cookies. Close out your browser then log back in on boards.cruisecritic.com

let me know if this helps 

Sorry, should have been clearer.  I have done that, multiple times.  But I will do it again.  Thank you.