not staying logged in

3 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Still no problems with Microsoft Edge, not been logged out at all.  I often switch between forums by using the Notifications dropdown list and clicking on a specific thread, althugh I also go to forums from the bottom Forum Jump menu as well.  I'll go back and try Chrome again this weekend.

I move around the same way. Glad that Edge seems to be working for you.

13 minutes ago, broberts said:

I move around the same way. Glad that Edge seems to be working for you.

Thanks, but I really don't want to use it.  I'll try and see if Chrome has improved tomorrow...I hate any browser from Microsoft although I admit Edge isn't bad.

50 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Thanks, but I really don't want to use it.  I'll try and see if Chrome has improved tomorrow...I hate any browser from Microsoft although I admit Edge isn't bad.

Chrome is a hog. On my Mac if I use it I get an hour less battery life. On a PC Edge is the best browser to use as it is optimized for Windows. On a Mac Safari is the best browser to use for the same reason. Optimized for MacOS and Mac hardware. Chrome is the best browser for Android. Chrome is bloated on PCs and Macs. 

23 hours ago, TheMiz said:

On March 1st  I came back to Chrome and today March 16th was the first time i had to re log in.

21 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Okay, I've switched back to Chrome.  I'll let you know how it goes!

Nope, Chrome just logged me out after a period of inactivity.

On 3/17/2021 at 10:05 AM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Nope, Chrome just logged me out after a period of inactivity.

On 3/17/2021 at 10:05 AM, TheMiz said:

Bumped off of Chrome today.  So strange 

I'm on Chrome.  Rarely, I've been logged off when I return to Cruise Critic.  

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

I am on a desktop PC running Windows 10.   I have tried both Chrome and Edge with the same result, repeatedly logs me out!!!   Hope they are working on this!!!

Me too.  Now it will log me out while I'm actually on a single page.  So I'll read a thread, then try to respond to it, and suddenly I have to log in again.

I get logged out all the time - have been for weeks!

I dont think it is Cruisecritic problem as such but beleive it is

Chrome.  Chrome and any browser based on Chrome  ( Opera

in my case)  has so many bells and whistles and stuff that

most people dont need it takes more memory to work .

In order to do this without stalling or crashing all together

they now have it so that if you dont use a Tab  for a period of

time  and or have more that say 12 tabs open  it automatically

pauses / snoozes them.  THis is not a problem with most sites

as it only takes a second or less for it to wake up when you

click on the tab.   One that is a known problem is with music

or a video playing on line If you leave it on and start doing

something on another tab the music stops.

I think our problem may be related in thet we have to be signed in

for most things  but when paused  Invision might think we have

closed and logs us off. ( possibly for security, possibly to reduce

use of their servers)   Prior to invision there used to be a box that

said "Keep me logged in"  but that has gone.

I am currently trying "extensions"  which are supposed to let

you say  I never want the Cruisecritic.com  site paused  but

no success. 

This is all just my idea id CC Mods are reading maybe they can

comment  or pass it up the line.

I am using  an old laptop  with a slow processor 4gb ram  

which is considered not enough these days. Running Win10

and on Opera which is a Chrome based browser.

An interesting operation is that when I am logged out it still

shows my screen name and avatar. 

I suppose I should be trying another computer or another

browser but its hard balancing a PC on my knee 🤣

cclogin.png.6e4aec0ae08698ad6ee663a7b2b76373.png 

Why doesnt it just go blank?

6 hours ago, Aulanis said:

I dont think it is Cruisecritic problem as such but beleive it is

Chrome. 

It's not Chrome.   It happens to me on Safari on my iPad and iPhone, and if you read the comments above, you'll find other non-Chrome examples.

Well m aybe coincidence but I have installed an extension on Opera and told it not to snooze  CC tabs    .com and  .co.uk and also not to snooze pinned tabs.  Did that yesterday and as usual hibernated the laptop overnight and today my 2 CC tabs are open  and logged in.  I will give in a few days and report back.

Maybe check you dont have a safari extension (maybe classed as a battery

saver?)   http://www.rawinfopages.com/mac/content/6-safari-extensions-will-increase-productivity-your-mac  

This CC.com  tab has been sitting there for 3 hours  just clicked it and I am still logged in. 

2 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

Well m aybe coincidence but I have installed an extension on Opera and told it not to snooze  CC tabs    .com and  .co.uk and also not to snooze pinned tabs.  Did that yesterday and as usual hibernated the laptop overnight and today my 2 CC tabs are open  and logged in.  I will give in a few days and report back.

Maybe check you dont have a safari extension (maybe classed as a battery

saver?)   http://www.rawinfopages.com/mac/content/6-safari-extensions-will-increase-productivity-your-mac  

This CC.com  tab has been sitting there for 3 hours  just clicked it and I am still logged in. 

I'm happy for you and appreciate your troubleshooting.  I don't have a Mac.   Also, if you will read the many comments in this thread, you will see that the problem extends for people across numerous browsers and devices, and that it is intermittent.  I can go for days without experiencing it, and then, boom, I'll find myself logged out.   

This is getting more than annoying, it's getting outrageous.  I'm sick and tired of it, but I really don't want to have to use Edge for my browsing.  

The latest trick is that I get logged out unknowingly while I'm navigating through the forums, then write a lengthy response and find I can't post it because I'm not logged in.  And of course, I lose the text I just typed!  Grrr!

32 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

This is getting more than annoying, it's getting outrageous.  I'm sick and tired of it, but I really don't want to have to use Edge for my browsing.  

The latest trick is that I get logged out unknowingly while I'm navigating through the forums, then write a lengthy response and find I can't post it because I'm not logged in.  And of course, I lose the text I just typed!  Grrr!

Edge is no better for me!!   Switched from Chrome to Edge several weeks ago, it may be slightly better, but no where near "fixed"

• Like 1

I can't help but think it's related to the fact that each time I change pages, or forums, the extreme upper right indicator (white on blue on a PC), changes from "Log Out" to "Log In" and then back to "Log Out".  Each and every time.   This observation from somebody who was in software QA and testing for 20 years. I ran beta test programs.

4 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I can't help but think it's related to the fact that each time I change pages, or forums, the extreme upper right indicator (white on blue on a PC), changes from "Log Out" to "Log In" and then back to "Log Out".  Each and every time.   This observation from somebody who was in software QA and testing for 20 years. I ran beta test programs.

That appears to be normal  behavior. Perhaps an async  timing issue in some environments.

On 4/13/2021 at 11:21 AM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

This is a good observation.  I am in IT Security. It suggests the pages are re-asserting login status every time they refresh... perhaps if there is a glitch, the reassertion fails and you end up logged out.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2021 at 11:43 AM, Aulanis said:

I will give in a few days and report back.

I have stayed logged in all this time to the 2 tabs I left open.

At night I "hibernate" my laptop and  the tabs just open

next day - no logging in.  Having said that although logged in

on those tabs I had to log in again to get on here.  

That could be due to moving from cc.co.uk to cc.com 

- I believe it is always like that.

• 3 weeks later...