B2B Options

chicchic325

We're trying to decide on a B2B option in September/October 2022 on the Horizon (in a Havana of course) for our 10th anniversary. 

The first leg would be : Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. I've done all of them, but hubby has never been to Ocho Rios. 

The second leg is where we get more exiciting and some choices must be made.

S1: ABC- Aruba, Bonaire, Curaco

S2: Aruba Bonaire, La Romana, Amber Cove

S3: Aruba, Curaco, La Romana, Amber Cove

So it boils down to all three ABCs or only 2 plus 2 ports in the DR. We've never done any of the ports on the second half. I've heard mixed reviews on La Romana but good ones about Carnival's Amber Cove part. 

We enjoy snorkling (to see coral, fish, any animals), kayaking, musseums, relax on the beach, food tours, and brewery/distilleries. 

Thoughts? 

7 minutes ago, coevan said:

If you like diving or snorkeling ABC’s are the best. I could totally do without the Dominican Republic 

everybody has their opinion and rightfully so. we had one of the best shore trips in amber cove. it was a beach day with all your drinks and a great meal provided. it was only 75 bucks with your transportation. the tour only had about 30 people there. so it was a quite day and a refreshing day. you never know what you are going to get on any tour. 

we are booked on a b2b on the elation in dec. 2021 and booked this tour on both.

1 hour ago, chicchic325 said:

We're trying to decide on a B2B option in September/October 2022 on the Horizon (in a Havana of course) for our 10th anniversary. 

The first leg would be : Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. I've done all of them, but hubby has never been to Ocho Rios. 

The second leg is where we get more exiciting and some choices must be made.

S1: ABC- Aruba, Bonaire, Curaco

S2: Aruba Bonaire, La Romana, Amber Cove

S3: Aruba, Curaco, La Romana, Amber Cove

So it boils down to all three ABCs or only 2 plus 2 ports in the DR. We've never done any of the ports on the second half. I've heard mixed reviews on La Romana but good ones about Carnival's Amber Cove part. 

We enjoy snorkling (to see coral, fish, any animals), kayaking, musseums, relax on the beach, food tours, and brewery/distilleries. 

Thoughts? 

I would do Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao itinerary. Amber Cove is alright, never been to LaRomania. That said we will be going to the DR this February.

I wouldn’t pass up the opportunity to see all 3 ABC islands. Bonaire in particular is not a very common port of call, so if I came across an itinerary that stops there, I’d be inclined to select that one.

About Amber Cove, you’ll find this port of call on many more Carnival itineraries, so if you don’t visit it now, it will be easier to go there on a future cruise. If you’re planning on staying at the welcome center, it’s like going to any other cruise line built welcome center, where you spend the day by the pool having drinks. But there are tons of activities in the area which I’d encourage you to explore. We took a morning panoramic tour of Puerto Plata and then spent the second half of the day in Amber Cove. It was nice to get out and explore a bit. 

La Romana will require that you do some research and plan activities in advance. Otherwise you’ll be one of the people giving this port of call a bad review. The immediate area near the port isn’t very attractive, and can be intimidating to people who think the Caribbean is all pretty houses in pastel colors. 

We were in La Romana overnight and had a fantastic time. We went horseback riding on the grounds of the Casa de Campo resort and explored the Altos de Chavon village. We also spent the day in Catalina Island, off the coast of La Romana. So you can definitely have a great time there. 

Edited by Tapi