Caviar on Silversea?

TV Dad

21 hours ago, brimary said:

Answer is yes to all queries.Ask your Butler to deal with any special requests you have for suite requirements.If you have any requests for alternatives to daily menus make them through he Maitre d in the MDR.Lobster Thermidor and surf and Turf are two of our favourites and the advantage of personal ordering is the dish is specially prepared and comes piping hot.If you wish to have particular white or red or one of each wine on your table merely ask the very helpful wine waiters.Anything is possible if it’s on board and the crew all over the ships are wonderful.Enjoy your first Silversea cruise next year,fingers crossed normality may return by then.Hope this helps.

Thank you,Used to Oceania Cruises.There is clearly a difference on a few things! 

• 3 months later...

Just booked our first Silversea cruise, big fan of Viking and very much enjoyed a Regent cruise a couple of years ago.  

This type of thread is fantastic for newbies to a particular cruise line and the thought of returning from an excursion to included Rose Champagne and Caviar on the balcony sounds idyllic.

Good to know what to ask our butler for.

1 minute ago, Stumblefoot said:

I don't believe they had a rosé available in 2020 as a free pour, but there definitely was a Dom Pérignon rosé available on the connoisseur wine list.

I really like sparkling rose's but it annoys me that some retailers will describe it as "Champagne" rather than "sparkling." It just confuses us. I had to check to see if there ARE Champagne rose's.

2 hours ago, clo said:

I really like sparkling rose's but it annoys me that some retailers will describe it as "Champagne" rather than "sparkling." It just confuses us. I had to check to see if there ARE Champagne rose's.

As a "perk" of a Grand Suite on the Silver Spirit, the bar in our suite had Laurent Perrier Rose NV.  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, vistaman said:

Is that still so ?

It really depends on the wine variety and region.  Italian wines tend to offer the greatest value followed by Australia.  French wines tend to be the worst value, although there are occasionally good deals on select Champagne and Sauternes wines.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2022 at 3:44 PM, Fsulaw1 said:

Can anyone who has been on SS recently tell me if caviar is still freely distributed?  Other than an expedition cruise, we will be on our first SS in September on the transpacific.

Just got off Silver Shadow.   Caviar was available through room service, as a first course at La Dame, and they had a huge tin of it at the La Terrazza seafood lunch on the last day.  

The in-room caviar was nice.  They give you about a half ounce to an ounce.  I solved that problem by ordering caviar for both myself and my wife, who doesn't like caviar, and I promptly ate her portion also.  The caviar was good.  I eat it only with blinis and creme, so I avoid all the egg, onions, capers, etc.  I ordered it several different days on the cruise.  It is especially nice to have in the cabin when getting dressed for formal night.

I didn't have the caviar at La Dame, since I figured I could just order it whenever I wanted so why use the premium charge for what I can get for free?  The caviar service did look very nice at La Dame, and someone did say they thought it was better than the room service caviar.  But who knows.

At the seafood buffet, I took a plate up to the caviar station, asked for and received a heaping pile of caviar, took a ton of blinis and creme, and went to town.  Delicious.  I went up a second time and got another huge helping.  I would have gone up a third time but thought that might be inappropriate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3