Queen Elizabeth itineraries 2021

Ulsteinvik

21 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Just received e-mail from my TA with offers of 12nt British Isles cruise on Sky Princess for 2021 starting from £999 for a balcony cabin or £1410 to include wi-fi, gratuities and alcoholic drinks package. Makes Cunard's prices look rather expensive for their Summer 2021.

but it's not Cunard, is it!

Not bothered about the cruise line? Then book it. Simple.

2 hours ago, gfs1ram said:

Hi.

It's a return to the message board for me. Following lockdown and the cancellation of two Cunard  cruises I have 'unsubscribed' from many Travel sites and have rarely looked at this message board. No point.

I use the term 'feeling cheated' by this pandemic and at my time of life (just over 70) I should be doing the things I want to do!! 

I have, however, seen the release of the Queen Elizabeth itinerary for 2021 and I am certainly tempted (desperate) to return to cruising with Cunard as soon as possible..

However, has Cunard given any indications of the Covid restrictions that will undoubtedly have to be instigated?

What about the boarding , dining, theatre and onshore trip arrangements etc?

Also the UK Government (Foreign,Commonwealth & Development Office) are still advising "against cruise ship travel at this time. This is due to the ongoing pandemic and is based on medical advice from Public Health England"

Presumably this invalidates any Travel Insurance ?

It seems that people are booking these cruises regardless - or am I missing something~?

I don't think you are missing anything.

Cunard have not yet given any indication of what their COVID restrictions will be, so there is a certain amount of buying blind going on.

Also, I'm not sure if people are aware that Cunard have ended their flexible cancellation policy as of yesterday.

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/contact-us/travel-health-advisories/flexible-cancellation-policy

It says

'

Cancelling your voyage - updated 29 September 2020.

If you are booked on a Cunard voyage sailing on Queen Mary 2 after 18 April 2021, on Queen Victoria after 16 May 2021, or on Queen Elizabeth after 26 March 2021, and wish to cancel, our standard cancellation policy applies and Cunard shall be entitled to levy a cancellation charge as a percentage of the fare paid in accordance with the following scales.

Therefore, if people decide they don't like the COVID policies when they are eventually published, they might find that it will be less easy to move their cruise to a later date. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You're not missing anything, we have no idea if these cruises will actually go ahead and if they do, what conditions will be like, it's a total leap in the dark.

I'd expect to be able to transfer the deposits as per the standard booking conditions.

I’m a bit confused - booked 2 weeks ago for QM2 in 2022 on part of World Cruise - does that mean the COVID flexible cancellation policy Still applies as booked before 29th - or has it now reverted to the standard transfer of deposit option ?

Thank you 

59 minutes ago, watsonbeau said:

I’m a bit confused - booked 2 weeks ago for QM2 in 2022 on part of World Cruise - does that mean the COVID flexible cancellation policy Still applies as booked before 29th - or has it now reverted to the standard transfer of deposit option ?

Thank you 

The information that I saw, in post #77 on this thread,  says the the standard cancellation policy applies for QM2 sailings after 18th April 2021, so it appears to include your cruise - there’s no mention of the booking date 

7 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I don't think you are missing anything.

Cunard have not yet given any indication of what their COVID restrictions will be, so there is a certain amount of buying blind going on.

Also, I'm not sure if people are aware that Cunard have ended their flexible cancellation policy as of yesterday.

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/contact-us/travel-health-advisories/flexible-cancellation-policy

It says

'

Cancelling your voyage - updated 29 September 2020.

If you are booked on a Cunard voyage sailing on Queen Mary 2 after 18 April 2021, on Queen Victoria after 16 May 2021, or on Queen Elizabeth after 26 March 2021, and wish to cancel, our standard cancellation policy applies and Cunard shall be entitled to levy a cancellation charge as a percentage of the fare paid in accordance with the following scales.

Therefore, if people decide they don't like the COVID policies when they are eventually published, they might find that it will be less easy to move their cruise to a later date. 

Thank you for your reply.

At least Cunard do not seem to have altered their 'flexible transfer policy'  -  yet !!

12 hours ago, davemorton said:

So presuming you booked before the 29th, then the policy in place then is the one that counts isn't it?

Depends  how you interpret this which appears on the Cunard website with regards to cancellation information. I might be wrong, but my take is,  supersedes means the interim cancellation allowances are now void. 

These policies supersede any information you may have previously received. If you have already submitted a transfer or cancellation based on the previous policy, we will honour this and we will be in touch with confirmation in due course.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Depends  how you interpret this which appears on the Cunard website with regards to cancellation information. I might be wrong, but my take is,  supersedes means the interim cancellation allowances are now void. 

These policies supersede any information you may have previously received. If you have already submitted a transfer or cancellation based on the previous policy, we will honour this and we will be in touch with confirmation in due course.

I interpret it the same way as you.

There’s no reference to booking dates at all, so one can only assume that this refers to all cruises on the sailing dates listed regardless of when booked.

For example my October 2021 QV cruise was booked in October 2019, before Covid was even known about, so it currently means I’m stuck with the cruise, even if I don’t like the new protocols.

The U.K. package regulations say that the traveller must be refunded if the holiday is significantly different to the one that was sold, but I foresee that the cruise companies will argue that the new protocols are not a significant change. 

On 9/30/2020 at 11:18 PM, gfs1ram said:

Thank you for your reply.

At least Cunard do not seem to have altered their 'flexible transfer policy'  -  yet !!

I read it that if you just want to cancel you can't get your money back but you can still transfer your booking to another if you want to for free, the standard transfer if they reintroduce it is £100.

• Like 1

Ours was lost!

Our trip was booked for 21 October this year and had attracted $650 each OBC.

We got the 25% on top of our deposit and have used it, but only with the current OBC offer which is $200 PP. Therefore we lost out on $900.

Stewart

20 minutes ago, BigMac1953 said:

Ours was lost!

Our trip was booked for 21 October this year and had attracted $650 each OBC.

We got the 25% on top of our deposit and have used it, but only with the current OBC offer which is $200 PP. Therefore we lost out on $900.

Stewart

Thats depressing. We were able to transfer the obc that went with buying FCDs on board to a new cruise. Unfortunately, that too has been cancelled by Cunard, but I am expecting to be able to transfer it again.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed Cunard about what would happen to the OBC from an FCD used to book a cruise -  got a reply today. 

if Cunard cancel then the OBC is fine and so you keep it 

if you transfer the cruise to another cruise then it’s lost

if you cancel then again is lost