Considering Silver Moon September 2021

krueg2828

Newbie here and I have a few questions regarding Silversea line.  I am considering booking Greek Islands next year and taking advantage of the $699 one way business air upgrade.  If anyone on this board has done so in the past, I am wondering how flexible their air program is with regards to flying in early than embarkation or flying home from another city or stopovers.  Any comments would be appreciated.  Also, I have dairy intolerance and I am wondering if they offer alternative milk like almond milk and whether they cater to someone in my position.  I’ve been on Azamara previously and they did pretty good job of helping me with this.   Last question is why are there so many negative reviews out there?  It’s almost scaring me off!

2 hours ago, krueg2828 said:

...I am wondering how flexible their air program is with regards to flying in early than embarkation or flying home from another city or stopovers. 

As long as you’re willing to pay their deviation fees, then they are somewhat flexible on dates of travel.  While I can’t speak directly to the changing of a city of departure or stopovers, my assumption is that such action would not be allowed, but others here might be able to speak directly to that potion of your question.

...I am wondering if they offer alternative milk like almond milk and whether they cater to someone in my position. 

They cater to everyone as best as they can.  Milk alternatives are available and specific ones can be requested through their Special Services department.  But, depending on your city of embarkation, certain brands may not be available.

Last question is why are there so many negative reviews out there?  It’s almost scaring me off!

Hard to say.  From my experience, I wouldn’t let them scare you off, unless you’re accustomed to making decisions based on unknown individuals.  We’ve been more than satisfied with our voyages on Silversea.

We booked our first Silversea cruise back in early April for a late November sailing, the cruise was just cancelled by Silversea.  Unfortunately, Silversea refuses to honor the terms of their Cruise with Confidence policy.  We regret that we entrusted them with our travel plans and our money.   We won't make the same mistake twice.

Caveat emptor!

We have a cruise booked for June.
I asked for a flight deviation (fly out a day early) and gave them a ‘suggested’ itinerary to peruse.
Twenty four hours later it appeared on ‘My Silversea’.
Haven’t had the bill yet🤭
The only galling point is I pay for a deviation for the privilege of missing out on ‘free’ transfers🥴