Just received an email from Regent.

Dolebludger

And it was about 2021 cruises to Alaska and New England and Canada. It seems that they are now offering first class domestic air to and from those. No details were offered, unless one signed in, and thus I tried. Their site rejected my land line number of over 9 years, and rejected my wife’s cell number she has had for 20 years. Thus, I still don’t know details on these “cruise deals”. I congratulate Regent for a large realization that it’s guests don’t want to fly half way around the US in domestic economy. But I think that a advertisment where one can’t get the details is bad. I emailed the sender with my concerns. And if I ever get a response, I will post about it here.

Hope this helps. Here is what the website says:   Link

Elevate Your Experience with FREE First Class Air on 2021 Alaska, Canada & New England cruises and arrive at your destination in comfort, prepared to explore and enjoy the charming coasts of these regions. Plus, enjoy the flexibility and confidence of Regent Reassurance, which allows you to cancel up to 15 days prior to departure date and receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit*.

In Alaska, the royal stature of the bald eagle can be witnessed up close in Sitka and the world of the region’s original settlers, the Tlingit people, invites outsiders to connect through cultural engagements in Icy Strait Point and Hoonah.

To the east, the crisp autumn air of Canada & New England is a refreshing preface to delighting in the bounty of the sea with perfectly cooked lobster and local brews in ports like Halifax and Bar Harbour. And in the larger ports of Québec City and Boston, historical treasures await your discovery.

Book by September 30, 2020, while seats are still available.

*For complete details, please see Terms & Conditions

Note. The "terms and conditions" page does not reflect the first class air upgrade. go figure..... ;(

J

• Like 1

What's interesting about the first class air on trips to Alaska is that it does not apply (at least, so far) to the start of our Vancouver to Tokyo cruise on the Explorer scheduled for September, 2021,  Who knows whether that cruise will take place:  one of us is optimistic, the other not.  Nonetheless, it's odd that we would have to travel by coach from NYC to Vancouver when Alaska cruises starting in Vancouver get first class air.

• Like 1

We also received an email about 2 weeks before we were to have left for our 60th birthday Med cruise, which was cancelled. We had not yet formally requested a refund for our deposit.

It was from my "Corporate Butler" and it encouraged me to check out some incredible values on 2021 cruises. After connecting with him I agreed to move my deposit and a bit more to a New York to Montreal cruise in September 2021. I did qualify for the Free First Class Air promotion (yay) and I am super happy about that perk!

Edited by colomom

4 hours ago, Joanandjoe said:

What's interesting about the first class air on trips to Alaska is that it does not apply (at least, so far) to the start of our Vancouver to Tokyo cruise on the Explorer scheduled for September, 2021,  Who knows whether that cruise will take place:  one of us is optimistic, the other not.  Nonetheless, it's odd that we would have to travel by coach from NYC to Vancouver when Alaska cruises starting in Vancouver get first class air.

Do your own flight from NYC to YVR and take the air credit for that direction only.  That's what we're doing, and flying in the day before. We're on the same voyage with you.  

Update: I emailed Regent and got a call the next day. The agent emailed me details on which cruises the first class domestic air offer applies. I received the details. All covered cruises stated the first class air applied. One must book by Sept. 30. The agent asked me to send back the original email that had rejected my phone numbers for correction. 

I’d like to book the Sept 2, 2021 Canada, New England, Bermuda cruise. But I feel that would be a bit risky. I just don’t know. We don’t know if Canada and Bermuda will be open to us then, and we don’t know if Regent will be a viable company then. More likely (in my opinion) is that the pandemic will be sufficiently controlled then to allow the cruise and that Regent will survive, but restrictions on guest’s activities will be more burdensome than would allow us an enjoyable cruise (see the MSC board).

Edited by Dolebludger
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dolebludger said:

Update: I emailed Regent and got a call the next day. The agent emailed me details on which cruises the first class domestic air offer applies. I received the details. All covered cruises stated the first class air applied. One must book by Sept. 30. The agent asked me to send back the original email that had rejected my phone numbers for correction. 

I’d like to book the Sept 2, 2021 Canada, New England, Bermuda cruise. But I feel that would be a bit risky. I just don’t know.

We just booked this cruise! I understand how you feel...

🥺

On 9/18/2020 at 10:21 AM, Joanandjoe said:

We did the Tokyo to Vancouver last year, it was a great cruise.  You'll have a wonderful time.

On 9/18/2020 at 1:21 PM, Joanandjoe said:

I was wondering about this when I just found this thread.

Haven't started our flight investigation yet, nor excursions. 

16 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

I always find Regent’s email ads to be a bit difficult to understand. But best I could understand from the email I received  that included first class air in N. America is limited to listed Canada and Alaska cruises. 

That's the way I read it as well.

First class/business class is a matter of wording. On international flights, I see it called business. On domestic flights, I see it called first.  Really the terns seem reversed. First on domestic is only more roomy seats at the front of the plane. Business on international is often lay-down seats in pods.

35 minutes ago, Dolebludger said:

First class/business class is a matter of wording. On international flights, I see it called business. On domestic flights, I see it called first.  Really the terns seem reversed. First on domestic is only more roomy seats at the front of the plane. Business on international is often lay-down seats in pods.

There are still first class international seats, but they are few and far between.  We've taken one on Lufthansa, that may or may not still exist.  Emirates and at least one other Arabian airline still have them.