New Protocols

ancestry

Good Morning! 

We are considering booking a RC cruise for this coming March. We all need a vaccation!

Is there anywhere I can find a posting or announcement about what the new protocols will be on board Royal Caribbean ships in regards to COVID protocols? I tried searching online and here for this information and couldn't really find any types of details.

I want to be informed on how they will handle things such as show seating, shore excursions, moving around the ship, etc. before I book so I can determine if it is something that I want to put up with for a week. 😉

Thanks for your help!

5 minutes ago, ancestry said:

Good Morning! 

We are considering booking a RC cruise for this coming March. We all need a vaccation!

Is there anywhere I can find a posting or announcement about what the new protocols will be on board Royal Caribbean ships in regards to COVID protocols? I tried searching online and here for this information and couldn't really find any types of details.

I want to be informed on how they will handle things such as show seating, shore excursions, moving around the ship, etc. before I book so I can determine if it is something that I want to put up with for a week. 😉

Thanks for your help!

They haven.'t finalized them yet.  There is lots of speculation on these boards, but it is just that, speculation.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, ancestry said:

Good Morning! 

Thanks for your help!

Book with a refundable deposit.  If you don’t like what you see when the6 eventually announce that sailing will resume you can cancel. 

• Like 3

Agree with others -  book a refundable deposit.  

This is only my opinion, but the way things are going right now, I think late winter/early spring cruises look really questionable - at least as the itineraries currently look.  You might book a 7 night Caribbean and end up with a 3 or 4 night Bahamas.

Just be prepared for anything and don't get your hopes up too high that your booked cruise will happen as planned.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ancestry said:

Good Morning! 

Thanks for your help!

Again, nothing firm. All speculation, but most of us would agree that cruising will NOT be the same as it used to be for a LONG TIME. Ours is in June 2021, already we both just want them to cancel so we can get our full refund and we will never cruise again because things are going to be absurd, overblown, and a downright pain in the rear end being policed constantly.

Edited by johnjen

3 hours ago, ancestry said:

Good Morning! 

Thanks for your help!

1.) refundable deposit

2.) willingness to accept a March cruise (if it happens) will look/feel different than pre covid19

3.) good for you not sitting in your bunker

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

@livingonthebeach posted this video on the MSC thread. It's a video made by MSC of their protocols. I would assume RCG would adopt some very similar policies.

In a way it's ok for some people not so much for others.  Personally, don't know if I would fork over $$$ for this experience.  Thoughts? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ancestry said:

Good Morning! We are considering booking a RC cruise for this coming March. We all need a vacation! Is there anywhere I can find a posting or announcement about what the new protocols will be on board Royal Caribbean ships in regards to COVID protocols? I tried searching online and here for this information and couldn't really find any types of details. I want to be informed on how they will handle things such as show seating, shore excursions, moving around the ship, etc. before I book so I can determine if it is something that I want to put up with for a week. 😉 Thanks for your help!

Even when they start sailing again, the protocols will be constantly changing. 

Masks: Yes

Social distancing requested but not observed: Yes

Shore Excursions: reduced loads, attempted bubble, no social distancing 

We've been to Vegas twice and Atlantic City once since reopening. Written protocols vs. reality are two different things. Most people are socially conscious of the protocols. People try not to crowd elevators. People try to wear masks. Most people don't socially distance (damn the dots on the floor). 

Was there food on buffet? Yes! but you had to have your waiter go and pick it up for you.

Were dining tables 6' apart? Yes! but people where constantly walking in the 6' gap so there was always someone close to you (often without a mask as you sat there without your mask on as you ate)

Were tables cleaned? Yes! but waiters were still clearing dirty dishes from one table and picking up your plates, contaminating them, and serving you your food

Paper throwaway menus and QR codes? Yes!

• Like 1

Also check out MSC. These companies seem to have it right. The protocols are in place. If you break protocols, you will be "invited" to leave the cruise, and find your way home. MSC did that to a family who decided to shop on their own, and would not let them back on board. The luggage was put on the pier.

I think protocols are a work in progress and as things change they will be announced- it also may vary from cruise to cruise.  I read a post on the Celebrity website from somebody who said all cruises will be postponed until April.  But I think everyone is just guessing now.  We have a march cruise scheduled- hope to sail.  

9 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Where's that?

Biker, who is usually pretty good at scouring the CC boards but has yet to find that.

Check out the Celebrity cruise critic site. Miaminice is starting a review of the Mein Schiff, TUI cruise line, owned by Royal. He has a lot of pre boarding info. His cruise leaves on September 27th. 

Johanne 

On 9/18/2020 at 1:28 PM, livingonthebeach said:

In a way it's ok for some people not so much for others.  Personally, don't know if I would fork over $$$ for this experience.  Thoughts? 

If I lived a short drive from port and cases were lower, I might consider it. When it takes almost 12 hours to get my house to the pre-cruise hotel, with air travel there is no way.  

Edited by A&L_Ont

31 minutes ago, rvlandandsea said:

Check out the Celebrity cruise critic site.

There are mentions of Tui cruises in various section of CC (including a lengthy thread here in the RCI section) but as far as I am aware, there's no dedicated section for Tui/Mein Schiff - I've asked the CC admins a few times to create one.

Edited by Biker19