Who is booked for MSC Caribbean November/December 2020 Cruises?

mamaneedsavacay

No need to be sorry.  Yes they still show Grand Cayman's, which puzzled me.  That, and the large number of offered excursions is what made me wonder if in the event they would actually be available.  For my wife and I it is irrelevant since we had no plans to get off the ship except possibly at Ocean Cay.

Since I am booked on one of the earliest scheduled uncanceled cruises I'll try to pass on anything I find out.  And if we DO get to sail 🤞 I'll try to send a post or 2 about how things are on the ship.

We are right after you on the 11/14 sailing. I am getting increasingly frustrated with the lack of information though
Are we sailing? Are we not... I have already made alternate plans for that same week just in case at Universal Orlando
Hopefully we can sail but the parks are open and running and welcoming guests.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On 9/30/2020 at 8:53 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

You missed my point.  They don't count you as being a "case" until you actually display symptoms.  How could they?  They don't know you have whatever and neither do you.

Never thought much about it but you do have a point.   Just keep in mind that when I worked with HIV Epidemic (which is where Dr Fauci made his reputation) we did count folks who were HIV + even if they had no symptoms.  In fact, a few of those folks never had symptoms while many others went several years before the onset of symptoms.   It is pretty much the same with the various forms of Hepatitis which is typically diagnosed by a simple blood test.  Many of those folks never have symptoms. There are quite a few other examples.     The common theme here is that those diseases are often diagnosed by a routine test long before those folks have symptoms.  Probably the most common disease that falls into the category would be Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) which is generally diagnosed via a routine blood test.  About 14% of Americans have CKD but most have no symptoms which are not normally manifested until the latter stages.  But even those who do not display any symptoms (and generally get no treatment) are counted as a case and included in government statistics.

Hank

I'm booked  for 11/7 on  Meraviglia cruise can't wait to go and hopefully it will happen , does any one know if there are going to be excursions? can we roam by ourselves on the islands , on my msc for me app all the choices for excursions disappeared , 2 weeks ago there were choices to pick on each island .  There is no update on website on how the cruise will be handled, I just tried to "buy"  the same cruise as mine but the website says it is all sold out. any one got any updates thanks 

NCL Just cancelled all cruises until December 1st and CCL cancelled all cruises through 2020. The exception is that CCL is leaving just a few cruises still available from Maimi and Port Canavaral only.  However, CCL is "providing guests booked on cruises in November and December out of Miami and Port Canaveral the ability to voluntarily cancel their reservation and receive the same offer that all other impacted guests are receiving, which includes a combination future cruise credit and onboard credit, or a full refund."

Is MSC offering those of you scheduled to sail in 2020 the ability to cancel and receive the perks? 

Edited by BermudaBound2014

no special perks offered but you can cancel for free and use the $ till end of 2021, if you cancel without requesting full payment back on your card you will get 125% toward your next cruise , that's all they offer. 

46 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

NCL Just cancelled all cruises until December 1st and CCL cancelled all cruises through 2020. The exception is that CCL is leaving just a few cruises still available from Maimi and Port Canavaral only.  However, CCL is "providing guests booked on cruises in November and December out of Miami and Port Canaveral the ability to voluntarily cancel their reservation and receive the same offer that all other impacted guests are receiving, which includes a combination future cruise credit and onboard credit, or a full refund."

Is MSC offering those of you scheduled to sail in 2020 the ability to cancel and receive the perks? 

I've seen no information on cancellation.  My TA said that if MSC cancels the cruise, I can get my money back.  So I'm waiting for that to happen.  I'm booked on the November 14 former Seaside, now Meraviglia.

22 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I've seen no information on cancellation.  My TA said that if MSC cancels the cruise, I can get my money back.  So I'm waiting for that to happen.  I'm booked on the November 14 former Seaside, now Meraviglia.

Same here... I'm scheduled to be on the cruise after yours.

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Happy Cruiser, did you pay for this cruise with "real money" or with FCC? I've been told that if our 12/27 gets canceled, it will just push the FCC forward, since were using an FCC to pay. I would rather get my money back and go to an all-inclusive!

3 hours ago, TuJaro said:

I'm booked  for 11/7 on  Meraviglia cruise can't wait to go and hopefully it will happen , does any one know if there are going to be excursions? can we roam by ourselves on the islands , on my msc for me app all the choices for excursions disappeared , 2 weeks ago there were choices to pick on each island .  There is no update on website on how the cruise will be handled, I just tried to "buy"  the same cruise as mine but the website says it is all sold out. any one got any updates thanks 

TuJaro- I'm 12/27 and all of those excursion choices are still available for me.  My TA said to assume that we would be limited to MSC excursions, but doesn't have any solid info on it. I'm not going to purchase anything until the last minute. 

2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I have not received any cancelation offers for 12/27/20.

8 hours ago, mamaneedsavacay said:

Happy Cruiser, did you pay for this cruise with "real money" or with FCC? I've been told that if our 12/27 gets canceled, it will just push the FCC forward, since were using an FCC to pay. I would rather get my money back and go to an all-inclusive!

I paid with real money.  I already have enough FCCs from cancelled cruises this year.  Don't know that I'll ever get to use them.

30 minutes ago, sidari said:

Royal and Celebrity suspend cruises to end of November, Azamara to March 2021.

And Seabourn has canceled three more ships into 2021. The Encore is cancelled until May 28, 2021 ~ Which is well into 2Q21 :(. 

And if anyone cares, Celebrity additionally cancelled all sailings in Australia and Asia until the spring of 2021.

MSC should make an announcement today or tomorrow regarding November sailings from the USA>

17 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I paid with real money.  I already have enough FCCs from cancelled cruises this year.  Don't know that I'll ever get to use them.

Yes, then you should definitely get a real refund! I'm still owed a $98 refund for a canceled deposit and this FCC that I'm hoping to be able to use in December. I hope you get to use yours too!

29 minutes ago, sidari said:

Royal and Celebrity suspend cruises to end of November, Azamara to March 2021.

Thanks for update. I don't think that MSC will automatically follow suit, as they are already cruising elsewhere in the world. I don't know for a fact about the lines you mentioned, but I'm assuming they are still at square one in regards to trial runs. 

1 minute ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

MSC should make an announcement today or tomorrow regarding November sailings from the USA>

Do you say that because you know something, or are you saying that you think they should? I hope they do make some kind of update regardless. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mamaneedsavacay said:

Yes, then you should definitely get a real refund! I'm still owed a $98 refund for a canceled deposit and this FCC that I'm hoping to be able to use in December. I hope you get to use yours too!

Thanks for update. I don't think that MSC will automatically follow suit, as they are already cruising elsewhere in the world. I don't know for a fact about the lines you mentioned, but I'm assuming they are still at square one in regards to trial runs. 

It seems that the President has said he will not deal with it until he is re elected!

8 minutes ago, mamaneedsavacay said:

Do you say that because you know something, or are you saying that you think they should? I hope they do make some kind of update regardless. 

Sorry for the confusion. I know nothing. I'm saying that multiple other cruise companies made announcements today and MSC should do the right thing and announce sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sidari said:

It seems that the President has said he will not deal with it until he is re elected!

I have heard that in regards to a stimulus bill, I hadn't heard that in regards to sailing. I wonder what "will not deal" means in regards to a ban that expires 10/31. If we're not doing anything with it, expiration is the default.... 😉 

I don't share my personal political preferences on the Internet in any form, and cruising is not in my top 10 political priorities. That being said, I think people can figure out pretty quickly for themselves which administration would be more favorable to be returning to tourism and travel earlier rather than later. And along with that, which administration would be more favorable to the operation of jumbo jets and giant cruise liners in regards to their environmental impacts. Again, not my personal reasons to pick one over the other, just looking at how things could play out for the industry, both in short term and long term. 

EDIT: and I'm not assuming where you are coming from politically either,  @sidari. Your comment just made me think that it would be silly for him to save it as some sort of election-issue-hostage because the differences between the candidates in that arena are quite obvious. Maybe he doesn't have time, but the guy seems to find the time for large industry capitalism.

Edited by mamaneedsavacay
see EDIT
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, mamaneedsavacay said:

I don't believe they are at square one. TUI is part of RCL  holdings and they are sailing. Costa is part of CCL and they are sailing. I'm sure there are others. 

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Well, it's all academic now.  November is cancelled.  See

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2762293-msc-meraviglia-november-cancellations/

I'm sorry, Linda. I hope you get your refund quickly on this one and can use one of your other FCCs to cruise soon. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, jansarts said:

I just spoke to MSC.. Our November 8th cruise on the Seaside has been canceled..I am sad, this is the second one that has been canceled.Maybe next year, the 3rd time has to be the charm😥

I feel your pain - just got the email from my TA about our November 7the Meraviglia cruise being canceled.

☹️

I'm sorry, Linda. I hope you get your refund quickly on this one and can use one of your other FCCs to cruise soon. 

Yeah, me too. I have decided not to take any FCC. It was a nightmare just getting my 20% off FCC from missing Ocean Cay last November and dont want to go through that again[emoji35]

Sent from my iPad using Forums