Jump to content

Premier Inn West Quay or Novotel, Southampton?


Recommended Posts

I am looking for 1 night, Friday August 6, 2021, 1 room, 2 adults, twin beds, breakfast.

 

Premium Inn West Quay

-  Advance - fully refundable up to 28 days before arrival.  Pay now. Change arrival date

£52
-  Flex - Fully refundable up to 1pm on arrival day.  Pay now or later

£138
 

I took Advance with breakfast for £69.98, twin room (1 double and 1 sofa bed), should know if cruising before 1 month in advance so able to cancel.

 

Novotel

-  Advance saver - bed & breakfast

£232

Their site does not mention twin rooms.  5% discount if member. Non refundable.
 

The Premium Inn West Quay is further away from the National Express Coach station so a taxi to hotel and the next day a taxi to the port.

Novotel can walk from National Express Coach station, and taxi the next day to the port.

 

If your ship is leaving from Southampton, you might want to compare prices.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, phabric said:

I am looking for 1 night, Friday August 6, 2021, 1 room, 2 adults, twin beds, breakfast.

 

Premium Inn West Quay

-  Advance - fully refundable up to 28 days before arrival.  Pay now. Change arrival date

£52
-  Flex - Fully refundable up to 1pm on arrival day.  Pay now or later

£138
 

I took Advance with breakfast for £69.98, twin room (1 double and 1 sofa bed), should know if cruising before 1 month in advance so able to cancel.

 

Novotel

-  Advance saver - bed & breakfast

£232

Their site does not mention twin rooms.  5% discount if member. Non refundable.
 

The Premium Inn West Quay is further away from the National Express Coach station so a taxi to hotel and the next day a taxi to the port.

Novotel can walk from National Express Coach station, and taxi the next day to the port.

 

If your ship is leaving from Southampton, you might want to compare prices.

 

 

 

These prices change regularly even from a day to day basis sometimes.  I sometimes pay as little as £29 for West Quay PI and rarely more than £39 by keeping an eye on prices.  It is only a short walk from the Coach station - no more than 10 minutes. However to me the cost of the taxis is so low that I'd always grab a taxi whichever hotel I was staying at. The Premier Inn is very convenient for the West Quay Shopping Mall so I'd rather have breakfast there - for example in John Lewis

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, tartanexile81 said:

 

These prices change regularly even from a day to day basis sometimes.  I sometimes pay as little as £29 for West Quay PI and rarely more than £39 by keeping an eye on prices.  It is only a short walk from the Coach station - no more than 10 minutes. However to me the cost of the taxis is so low that I'd always grab a taxi whichever hotel I was staying at. The Premier Inn is very convenient for the West Quay Shopping Mall so I'd rather have breakfast there - for example in John Lewis


I have stayed at the Premium Inn West Quay, 3x and a few others.  I keep checking the price and if cheaper cancel and rebook.  Now, you have to pay in for advance or flex with both you can get refunded.  I thought £52 was a good price for a Friday in August.  I will keep an eye on the price.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, phabric said:


I have stayed at the Premium Inn West Quay, 3x and a few others.  I keep checking the price and if cheaper cancel and rebook.  Now, you have to pay in for advance or flex with both you can get refunded.  I thought £52 was a good price for a Friday in August.  I will keep an eye on the price.

 

I haven't tried to book since lockdown but I paid £33 on my last visit in February. I have to say though that I was pleased that even though I'd booked at the non-flex rate I had 4 nights refunded for holidays cancelled

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've stayed at the Premier West Quay, it is o.k., convenient to the mall, if one is looking to save money on a room.   I stayed because it was recommended by others on a cruise roll call.

 

Now I stay at the quirky Mercure Dolphin simply because I'm never a fan of chain hotels.  I like the location better in terms of walking around, sight seeing.  I stay more than one night in Southampton. 

 

I use a taxi to get from the bus station to the hotel for the convenience, traveling as a single, cost seems very minor compared to my cruise fare.  Taxis are easy, come by the bus station regularly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

We stayed a Premier Inn West Quay in Southampton due to recommendations here on CC. Didn't care for it at all. Weird check-in and check-out. No actual "lobby". My wife said never again...

 

I'll be looking for a different hotel for two nights - assuming our cruise in May/June 2021 actually happens. We took recommendations for a hotel in Barcelona from CC as well. It was "unusual" to say the least. Loved the location but the hotel itself was very odd.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am unable to find email address just phone number (don’t want to call long distance) for Premium Inn West Quay.

 

I have to 2 separate bookings for a Thur & Friday in August and want to make sure we are in the same room for the 2 nights.  The Friday night has been sold out for awhile.  If, I cancel the 2 separate booking and make just one booking, it would increase by £10 for the Friday night.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Annoyingly there's a fair number of businesses which deliberately avoid publicising their e-mail address.:classic_sad:

And an equal number which deliberately avoid publicising their phone number :classic_sad:

 

The Premier Inn website "contact us" page  contains no contact details, only a facility to cancel or to change dates !!!!!!! :classic_rolleyes:

The website posted by Dogs4 is actually a Southampton hotels consolidator's website, which may not pass on your request - but worth trying.

 

Or you could try 

guestrelations@hotmail.com

It's an e-mail address for Premier Inns' head office, so don't forget to include the hotel name / address.

 

Or if you get no joy, come back here with the name/s you used for the bookings (no need for your address) and the check-in / check out dates, and I'll phone them.

 

JB :classic_smile:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dogs4fun said:

You can send a message directly through their website - just click "help" and it will automatically take you to the "contact us" form.

http://premier-inn-west-quay.southampton-hotels.co.uk/en/#contact


That’s not the Premier Inn website, it’s a third party booking site. I’d be wary of sharing details of direct bookings with a third party. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Cotswold Eagle said:


That’s not the Premier Inn website, it’s a third party booking site. I’d be wary of sharing details of direct bookings with a third party. 

This one is.

On the premier inn website at the bottom there is a contact us entry

https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/contact-us.html

On that page there is an option to amend your booking. I would try that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, John Bull said:

Annoyingly there's a fair number of businesses which deliberately avoid publicising their e-mail address.:classic_sad:

And an equal number which deliberately avoid publicising their phone number :classic_sad:

 

The Premier Inn website "contact us" page  contains no contact details, only a facility to cancel or to change dates !!!!!!! :classic_rolleyes:

The website posted by Dogs4 is actually a Southampton hotels consolidator's website, which may not pass on your request - but worth trying.

 

Or you could try 

guestrelations@hotmail.com

It's an e-mail address for Premier Inns' head office, so don't forget to include the hotel name / address.

 

Or if you get no joy, come back here with the name/s you used for the bookings (no need for your address) and the check-in / check out dates, and I'll phone them.

 

JB :classic_smile:

 

Is there another part of the email for guestrelations@hotmail.com as it comes back as mail failure.     There is no where on their site to actual contact them other than to amend/cancel your booking.  I have stayed at Premier Inn in Southampton, Dover, and London they are fine for my needs.

Edited by phabric
Link to post
Share on other sites
I have send emails to both addresses.  I will wait and see if they reply.  Thank you for the offer to phone, I might take you up for the offer.  There is no where on their site to actual contact them other than to amend/cancel your booking.  I have stayed at Premier Inn in Southampton, Dover, and London they are fine for my needs.

Why do you think amend your booking won't work? Have you tried it? Give both reservation numbers and ask to combine them. Obviously won't work if all selections, but if there is 8anywhere for a note I would put it there.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

Why do you think amend your booking won't work? Have you tried it? Give both reservation numbers and ask to combine them. Obviously won't work if all selections, but if there is 8anywhere for a note I would put it there.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

With another hotel lines, there usually have a section where you can ask for requests but not on making a booking or amend booking with Premier Inn site.

 

On amend booking, it shows date, number of persons/type of room, lead person for each room,  meal selected for each person in the room, total for the booking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2020 at 10:34 PM, John Bull said:

Annoyingly there's a fair number of businesses which deliberately avoid publicising their e-mail address.:classic_sad:

And an equal number which deliberately avoid publicising their phone number :classic_sad:

 

The Premier Inn website "contact us" page  contains no contact details, only a facility to cancel or to change dates !!!!!!! :classic_rolleyes:

The website posted by Dogs4 is actually a Southampton hotels consolidator's website, which may not pass on your request - but worth trying.

 

Or you could try 

guestrelations@hotmail.com

It's an e-mail address for Premier Inns' head office, so don't forget to include the hotel name / address.

 

Or if you get no joy, come back here with the name/s you used for the bookings (no need for your address) and the check-in / check out dates, and I'll phone them.

 

JB :classic_smile:

 

Thanks for the offer to call Premier Inn Southampton City Centre (West Quay).

 

#BABR301920 - Thur Aug 5, 2021 - 1 twin room - 1 night - Wendy Walker
 

#BABR298534 - Fri Aug 6, 2021 - 2 twin rooms -1 night - Wendy Walker and Katherine Mayhew

 

Would  like the same room for Wendy Walker for both nights.

 

Many thanks.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, phabric said:

Thanks for the offer to call Premier Inn Southampton City Centre (West Quay).

 

#BABR301920 - Thur Aug 5, 2021 - 1 twin room - 1 night - Wendy Walker
 

#BABR298534 - Fri Aug 6, 2021 - 2 twin rooms -1 night - Wendy Walker and Katherine Mayhew

 

Would  like the same room for Wendy Walker for both nights.

 

Many thanks.

 

 

Job done :classic_smile:

 

The clerk at PI West Quay has now allocated the same room for you for the two nights.

I also took the liberty of asking that Katherine's room (for one night) be in the same part of the hotel, which he agreed to do.

 

The clerk already has your e-mail address & will confirm.

Hopefully his confirmation will already be in your in-box by the time you read this. (check your junk box if it isn't)

 

JB :classic_smile:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Bull said:

 

Job done :classic_smile:

 

The clerk at PI West Quay has now allocated the same room for you for the two nights.

I also took the liberty of asking that Katherine's room (for one night) be in the same part of the hotel, which he agreed to do.

 

The clerk already has your e-mail address & will confirm.

Hopefully his confirmation will already be in your in-box by the time you read this. (check your junk box if it isn't)

 

JB :classic_smile:

Thank you so much to do this for me.  
 

I received the same emails I had before confirming the 2 separate bookings.  Their hotel’s records should show the combined bookings.  Thank you for putting Katherine’s room close to us.
 

Thank you again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You must have stayed at the Continental! 🙂 I'm looking at hotels for Southampton, Dolphin has changed their pricing, weird.  They include meals, price was over the top high.  The Dolphin is an older than dirt hotel, Jane Austen stayed there for her 18th birthday (late 1700's).  I'll have to look around, I'm not doing the Premier.

 

I don't need bottom of barrel pricing, as I said, put in perspective with what I have to pay as a single for my cruise.  My main thing is being able to walk around, see some things, I don't care of the location of Premier, Ibis or Novotel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TYTY said:

What about the Holiday Inn, what are everybody's thoughts on them?

 

I've been in there multiple times, but have never stayed there.

 

Rather bland 1970's building, typical of the period.

Some parts re-furbished last year, some parts tired.

A reputation for one of the best cooked breakfasts in the city.

 

It's the location that's the draw.

Very popular with cruisers, especially those sailing out of City Cruise Terminal (mostly RCI, Celebrity, NCL and smaller cruise lines) because it's right by that terminal's dock gate & about 300 yards from the terminal. That gate only for the cruise terminal, not heavy docks traffic.

Rooms at the front look down Southampton Water (see your ship sailing in if you're up and about at daft o'clock in the morning), rooms at the back look over the cruise terminal & ship.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g186299-d214798-i70351272

 

https://goo.gl/maps/sY94bWhQgK8U2LuH8

 

And only a five to ten minute walk to the city centre shops, pubs, restaurants, and old-town's wall and few historic buildings.

 

JB :classic_smile:

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, John Bull said:

 

I've been in there multiple times, but have never stayed there.

 

Rather bland 1970's building, typical of the period.

Some parts re-furbished last year, some parts tired.

A reputation for one of the best cooked breakfasts in the city.

 

It's the location that's the draw.

Very popular with cruisers, especially those sailing out of City Cruise Terminal (mostly RCI, Celebrity, NCL and smaller cruise lines) because it's right by that terminal's dock gate & about 300 yards from the terminal. That gate only for the cruise terminal, not heavy docks traffic.

Rooms at the front look down Southampton Water (see your ship sailing in if you're up and about at daft o'clock in the morning), rooms at the back look over the cruise terminal & ship.

 

32 minutes ago, John Bull said:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g186299-d214798-i70351272

 

https://goo.gl/maps/sY94bWhQgK8U2LuH8

 

And only a five to ten minute walk to the city centre shops, pubs, restaurants, and old-town's wall and few historic buildings.

 

JB :classic_smile:

 

Thanks!!  We would be there for only one night before a cruise so sounds good enough to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

John, thanks for your posts on this forum!  Sorry about the "older than dirt" comment on the Dolphin! 🙂  I like the hotel and would stay there if their price structure hadn't changed.  I'll keep an eye on Dolphin but may stay at Jury this time.   

 

I'm a fan of Southampton, enjoy taking the bus from Heathrow, I tend to emerge myself in places I visit!  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2020
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...