Are you booking shore excursions for 2021 yet?

matymil

Just curious for those booked next year, have you booked excursions yet? I looked at my April cruise and was surprised that not only they had a lot already for sale but that some were sold out. I def don't want to wait to long because theres a good chance that you will only be able to take Carnival excursions if you want to leave the port. 

Not me. We are in a holding pattern until something happens to make me feel confident that our cruise is actually going to happen. I simply don't want to go through the refund process, if our cruise gets cancelled. If not, then great! We will book an excursion once we are onboard. :classic_wink: If that excursion is filled up, I'm quite sure we can find a suitable replacement.

• Like 1

We're sailing at the end of May, and I have all of our excursions booked. Granted, we never use Carnival for excursions and always book with the locals. It's nice to have everything ironed out and locked in. Airbnb is booked pre & post cruise, excursions are booked, cruise is paid in full. Now just to wait on Southwest to open flights for that date and the date to hurry up and get here. 

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

We have 5 cruises booked in 2021 beginning in April. Only thing we have booked are cabanas at HMC, Amber Cove,  and Grand Turk because those sell out fast. Anything else will have to wait. 😎

same boat here - scheduled for March and we only have a HMC cabana booked bc it was close to selling out. 

Nothing booked yet...but been to each port multiple times.  I'll check "Black Friday" and see if there's anything we want, but I highly doubt it, mainly because "we've been there, done that".

Honestly, since I'm only "cautiously optimistic" I don't want to put too much "mental energy" into the cruise that's a year away.

8 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

We're sailing at the end of May, and I have all of our excursions booked. Granted, we never use Carnival for excursions and always book with the locals. It's nice to have everything ironed out and locked in. Airbnb is booked pre & post cruise, excursions are booked, cruise is paid in full. Now just to wait on Southwest to open flights for that date and the date to hurry up and get here. 

Might want to double check their refund policy. The cruises that are sailing right now are not allowing independent shore excursions.

Im waiting until we know more about what cruising may look like. Booked for Feb 1st and hoping to sail.

20 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

We have 5 cruises booked in 2021 beginning in April. Only thing we have booked are cabanas at HMC, Amber Cove,  and Grand Turk because those sell out fast. Anything else will have to wait. 😎

Our cruise is on the Breeze in April with the same itinerary. I noticed the same thing. I wanted to get one of those poolside cabanas at Amber Cove but we have a toddler and the minimum age is 14 for some reason 

We are booked on what turned out to be the third cruise of the Mardi Gras.  We are both in our early 70's and a little leery of even going on that cruise.  We have until December 7th to make final payment.  At that time, we'll decide if we are going or will cancel. Until then, we haven't booked air, hotel or any excursions.

If we have to wear masks, can't go out on our own,  we wouldn't enjoy the cruise so we might as well stay home and save our money.  We enjoy cruising but at this point, we will survive if we don't go on this one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, matymil said:

Our cruise is on the Breeze in April with the same itinerary. I noticed the same thing. I wanted to get one of those poolside cabanas at Amber Cove but we have a toddler and the minimum age is 14 for some reason 

I believe that we are on the same cruise. 😎