Princess to submit protocol to CDC next week

npcl

6 minutes ago, caribill said:

Although there are many questions to be answered, I view this document to be worded so that different cruise lines can meet it with their individual specifics which will vary from one cruise line to another and possible from ship to ship within the same cruise line.

Thus, for example, each cruise line would have its own "mobilization response plan" that would have to be acceptable, but not tied down to specific details that might be impossible for everyone (anyone?) to meet.

Thus the part where it mentions CDC guidelines for masks. When the CDC changes guidelines, the cruise lines know what to switch to. If details were instead built into the plans, then any change might have to be approved again for every cruise line.

True, yet I still want to know BEFORE I cruise what would happen if there is a COVID outbreak on the ship.  Will I be stranded at sea like so many ships in March?  The details are essential in allowing customers to make informed decisions as to whether or not they want to cruise.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mnocket said:

True, yet I still want to know BEFORE I cruise what would happen if there is a COVID outbreak on the ship.  Will I be stranded at sea like so many ships in March?  The details are essential in allowing customers to make informed decisions as to whether or not they want to cruise.

And I expect that we will know. If you have a Princess cruise you should be able to know the Princess plan. If you have an RCI cruise, you should be able to know the RCI plan.

Since the plans will vary in details for each cruise line (and possibly individual ships), a generalized plan such as the proposal submitted to the CDC would not be expected to have the details we all need to know.

2 hours ago, caribill said:

And I expect that we will know. If you have a Princess cruise you should be able to know the Princess plan. If you have an RCI cruise, you should be able to know the RCI plan.

Since the plans will vary in details for each cruise line (and possibly individual ships), a generalized plan such as the proposal submitted to the CDC would not be expected to have the details we all need to know.

You are correct.  After rereading the Introduction, I realized this was not a submission to the CDC, but a recommendation to cruise operators.  Since RCCL indicated that they would be submitting their plan to the CDC this week, I mistakenly thought this was it.  It isn't.  Hopefully when they make their formal submission to the  CDC we will get the details we're looking for.