Would You?

shakeNbake

We have a March 2021 that we are planning to take and will not lift and shift.  No judgement on anyone who would.  We had a March of 2020 canceled (first week of cancelations, got the call the night before, had bags packed ready to go) so we feel like we had the rug pulled out from under us.  I'm ready to cruise so I'm not going to make the choice to postpone again, especially if things are up and running, no matter what restrictions are in place I'm ready to go.  If they are sailing and we had done a lift a shift I'd be super disappointed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We cancelled our NRD Nov. 2020  cruise and used our FCC to book a cruise for July 2021, which I'm happy about.  We also have a cruise booked out of Venice for October 2021, which we booked this past February, before the pandemic.  Is it possible for us to do a lift and shift for the following October, 2022?  TIA 

3 hours ago, shakeNbake said:

We have a March 2021, 10 day cruise. Would you sail next March the way things are if they get the OK, or Lift n Shift before this option may end on Sept 30 ?

Lift and shift, to get to a time when cruising is most likely, most likely to go well by any set of rules, and most likely to be within a set of rules that will be most enjoyable.

- Joel

We have a Feb 2021 New Zealand cruise booked. June 2021 Alaska cruise that we plan on using our FCC on. Then a March 2022 Argentina cruise. My thoughts are to just cancel Feb 2021 cruise. Keep the June 2021 cruise as it is a short flight for us. I want to keep the March 2022 cruise as we got a great price. My problem is it is not easy to get to Chile from Seattle.

26 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We cancelled our NRD Nov. 2020  cruise and used our FCC to book a cruise for July 2021, which I'm happy about.  We also have a cruise booked out of Venice for October 2021, which we booked this past February, before the pandemic.  Is it possible for us to do a lift and shift for the following October, 2022?  TIA 

Call Celebrity or your TA. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Do you have to fly or can you drive to the port?

We would have to fly to Venice, Italy, out of Newark, and are not comfortable with wearing our masks for such a long flight..my DH said absolutely not.  If the lift and shift isn't possible at this time,  we'll just have to cancel and book a cruise either out of Florida or Bayonne.   Not the worst that could happen to us.  

13 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We would have to fly to Venice, Italy, out of Newark, and are not comfortable with wearing our masks for such a long flight..my DH said absolutely not.  If the lift and shift isn't possible at this time,  we'll just have to cancel and book a cruise either out of Florida or Bayonne.   Not the worst that could happen to us.  

From the Celebrity website:

Lift & Shift can only be made once and must be done by September 30, 2020. Bookings for 2021 sail dates may shift to 2022 sail dates as long as the decision is made by September 30, 2020.

So, if you’d like to change, you can.  Buys an extra year for the overall situation to get back, more or less, to normal.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I would book Florida.  Cruises in Florida Probably will be going out this spring.  Bayonne, it could be a lot longer.

• Like 1