November Cruisers????

Summerstravel

On 9/19/2020 at 12:23 PM, Summerstravel said:

I have a cruise scheduled out of New Orleans on Thanksgiving week should I have hope that this actually might happen? There is not much talking on the rollcall. So who else has a November cruise or close upcomming date? Are you making plans? Also if cruises resume what do you think will be some of changes with Covid-19? buffets, social gathering such as meet and great, shows, excursions. etc?  

Tracie

We are locals in the New Orleans area and are scheduled on the same cruise. We always sail Thanksgiving week from New Orleans. I have been on the roll call too. I was reading this morning about how some river cruises have been operating, and entertainment was mentioned. It was cancelled on that cruise with the exception of a pianist who was not allowed to sing. It makes me wonder if there will be entertainment on our cruise. I’m also wondering whether we will be allowed to dock at all of the planned ports and whether or not we will be allowed to do excursions outside of a cruise bubble. I think that there will be crew service at the buffet if there is a buffet. In other words, we won’t be allowed to serve ourselves. I can understand that, and I’m okay with it. Buffets are not my favorite thing to do anyway. I would rather go to the dining room. I am curious as to whether room service will be offered or if we will be able to carry any food items back to our cabin from the buffet. Usually, in the mornings, my husband often brings something back for us. Coffee is usually the first thing I want, and I generally make it in the cabin and sit on my balcony with my first cup. Some hotels are not currently offering coffee makers in the rooms like they usually do, so I don’t know if the coffee makers will be in the cabins. We did plan an excursion to a beach club in Cozumel because one of our perks was some money for excursions. We went to the beach club on our last club, and it was nice. However, there were many different cruise ship passengers from other ships there, so I don’t know how that will work this time around. All of these unanswered questions make me wonder if I will think it is worth it. If we have to remain on the ship without entertainment, I’m not positive I will think it is worth it.  I can live with restrictions like no self service buffet. I would definitely miss room service and being able to have coffee in my cabin. I always like to make sure my hands are clean anyway, so I don’t mind frequent hand sanitizing. In the article I was reading there was plexiglass between seating in the lounge. That of course, probably means reduced capacity, but I was thinking that would happen anyway. For sure, cruising will look different. All of that being said, I am also wondering if New Orleans’ mayor will let the cruise happen. For now, we are just waiting to see if the cruise line will cancel so that we can take advantage of any additional credit Norwegian will offer. 

• Thanks 1

A report was just released by the joint Healthy Sail commission (RCI & NCL).  74 recommendations.  Thread posted here in NCL board with some analysis from some of is.

I really don't see how any cruise can be ready to do all that it says 39 days days from now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, farmersfight said:

Yeah, I'm interested in doing a solo cruise on a sister ship, the Jewel. 14 day Hawaiian/French Polynesian Islands (w/5 sea days). Honolulu, HI - Papeete, Tahiti. Priced it out and I'd have to "suck it up" and pay the 100% solo supplement but, I'm still considering the cruise even with the high cost. Good to know that NCL has done previous price dumps - maybe they will do it on this cruise.

This particular cruise was give away - last minute-  the last 2 years.   Both directions     Certainly if there is a priority itinerary you really want-  book at any rate you are ok with.       My style  was taking advantage of give away cruises.   However itinerary was essential.   I never will pick up a cruise just to cruise.   Extremely important- where it takes me.   
I’m going to wait and see.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaja said:

Just some new info....CDC has just announced that 6 feet separation is not enough.☹️.as virus can linger in air.  😷 

Just reading the 74 recommendations from the panel NCL/RCI formed is not only costly but some are  time consuming. The cruiselines have a task ahead of them.

Training for the crew, temperature checks daily for crew and pax, masks for all including PPE's for some crew.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Just reading the 74 recommendations from the panel NCL/RCI formed is not only costly but some are  time consuming. The cruiselines have a task ahead of them.

Training for the crew, temperature checks daily for crew and pax, masks for all including PPE's for some crew.

Yes--just saw the panel thread... now for sure my opinion is late spring or summer at the earliest...and surely not a full compliment of sailings, etc.   Cruising experience  is going to be changed forever....😢

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

This particular cruise was give away - last minute-  the last 2 years.   Both directions     Certainly if there is a priority itinerary you really want-  book at any rate you are ok with.       My style  was taking advantage of give away cruises.   However itinerary was essential.   I never will pick up a cruise just to cruise.   Extremely important- where it takes me.   
I’m going to wait and see.   

That's great to know, thanks. Hopefully, when this cruise is back up and running, NCL will continue to give away - last minute discount it.

I agree with your style (strategy?) and plan to do the same when cruising resumes. Itinerary will also be essential to me. Also, the length of the cruise (12 day minimum) and the ship itself (size, age, amenities on board, etc).

I've got a cruise 8th November out of Athens to islands & Israel. Will it sail, who knows, but I'm waiting a few more weeks before I decide whether to cancel or not,. There's  a couple of places on the itinerary which mean I would need to self isolate for 14 days on return, not a major problem as I'm not working, plus some may not let us in, also my insurance would be invalid should anything happened to me, as I'd be travelling against FCO advise. It's a dilemma

I have a cruise reserved for November 1st out of NYC; which was a new cruise based upon a prior cancellation...I am still hopeful.

NCL and other cruise lines have made recommendations as most know by now; with this said; the cruise lines must have already started implementing changes on board and purchased extra sanitizing supplies/PPE.  

It would seem to me that the cruise lines are anxious to resume cruising; so, would a ship sail with less people to start off?  Would that be economical for the cruise line?

52 minutes ago, legalangel said:

I have a cruise reserved for November 1st out of NYC; which was a new cruise based upon a prior cancellation...I am still hopeful.

NCL and other cruise lines have made recommendations as most know by now; with this said; the cruise lines must have already started implementing changes on board and purchased extra sanitizing supplies/PPE.  

It would seem to me that the cruise lines are anxious to resume cruising; so, would a ship sail with less people to start off?  Would that be economical for the cruise line?

I would love to see a cruise set sail from NYC on 11/1, but I can't picture Emperor Cuomo and his comrade DeBlasio greenlighting any cruises from NYC until sometime next year. I'm not a doom and gloomer by any means, but based off of everything else in the kingdom that is now New York, I just can't see this. I would very much love to be proved wrong on this one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jaja said:

Just some new info....CDC has just announced that 6 feet separation is not enough.☹️.as virus can linger in air.  😷 

Yet another update...now CDC has removed this new info after a few hours....how is anyone supposed to keep up with all the changes!!!!!🤔  or trust them????

• Like 2

@bays Thanks you so much for your information. I love cruising out of New Orleans on the Mississippi. I really hope the cruise happens but I remain realistic. As a solo cruiser I just hope I don't get to lonely with the social distancing. I always like to chat with other cruisers nothing like good conversation and meeting new people. 

I am really not a buffet type but I love coffee. Can we take a mini Keurig on the ship? Gosh I would also need one in the hotel lol. oh I have to have my coffee.... 

Tracie  

We have an MSC cruise out of Miami on Nov 7th.  I am hopeful, but DH thinks it will not go.  MSC has already been running in Europe, so I have my fingers crossed!  Still waiting to purchase my airfare, though....still have quite a bit pending from 2020 cancellations, so don't want to add to that mess!  Its almost a full time job to keep up with it!

Anyway, reading on the MSC cruises that have gone....swab test at pier, daily temperature checks, mask requirements, social distancing....I can live with all of that.  DH can't extend his time from work if we have to quarantine, though.  Guess I'll have to take my son! 😉

On 9/21/2020 at 7:23 PM, jaja said:

Yet another update...now CDC has removed this new info after a few hours....how is anyone supposed to keep up with all the changes!!!!!🤔  or trust them????

Normally we can and should trust the CDC. But they are  muzzled by politicians in control of messaging right now.  The update that was posted and pulled was just sensible to what we already know. That primary transmission is in air and it can linger and move, so 6 feet apart without masks is not safe.  They claim the post was premature, and needed further review, and will be back.

• Thanks 1

Currently NJ has travel restrictions (as does other states) for 35 states and jurisdictions ..requiring 14 day quarantine ...when back to NJ...kind of makes all travel including cruising very difficult .   So I stand by my opinion..that there will be no cruising for awhile for many .

• Thanks 1

• The main problem with this whole pandemic thing is that the numbers are VASTY over reported and many people are using them as scare tactics.  Yeah the disease is bad however they count anyone who has had any even slight exposure to the disease and then dies, as a covid death.  I have a neighbor who worked at a local hospital and helped treat patients with covid.  She always tested negative and died in motor vehicle accident.  Her official cause of death was listed as covid.  That happened more frequently than most people know.
Edited by MoCruiseFan
TYPO

34 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:
  • I have a neighbor who worked at a local hospital and helped treat patients with covid.  She always tested negative and died in motor vehicle accident.  Her official cause of death was listed as covid.  That happened more frequently than most people know.

The Medical Examiner's Office has no financial benefit in having a death certificate state that a person’s cause of death was directly tied to COVID-19.  The coroner’s office is funded by the county budget and it’s a fixed budget.  I'm curious, what is the medical examiner's self-destructive motive to risk prison and professional ruin to falsify a death certificate? 

13 hours ago, jaja said:

Currently NJ has travel restrictions (as does other states) for 35 states and jurisdictions ..requiring 14 day quarantine ...when back to NJ...kind of makes all travel including cruising very difficult .   So I stand by my opinion..that there will be no cruising for awhile for many .

Even employers are pulling the 14day quarantine and test card. I had to cancel a road trip because of my husbands work. We can even go into PA or NY because of it and they're on the safe list to travel as of last week anyway,

5 minutes ago, sammee said:

Even employers are pulling the 14day quarantine and test card. I had to cancel a road trip because of my husbands work. We can even go into PA or NY because of it and they're on the safe list to travel as of last week anyway,

Yes--very sad and confusing....every few days the list of places changes...a person could easily be on the way home from a "safe" place and get to NJ and find out it it is no longer "safe" and must quarantine.  😲

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jaja said:

I actually was wanting to travel to Atlantic City and read that about NJ travel restrictions. I just wish if they are going to cancel then  go ahead so we can start making other plans. I appreciate your information thank you.