November Cruisers????

Summerstravel

3 hours ago, jaja said:

Yes--very sad and confusing....every few days the list of places changes...a person could easily be on the way home from a "safe" place and get to NJ and find out it it is no longer "safe" and must quarantine.  😲

I know I wish we could just get some kind of answer from Norwegian. 

5 hours ago, jaja said:

Yes--very sad and confusing....every few days the list of places changes...a person could easily be on the way home from a "safe" place and get to NJ and find out it it is no longer "safe" and must quarantine.  😲

This happened to me,    a few weeks ago,  I was retuning from Alaska.   It was added back on the "quarantine"  list before I left to go home.     I did fully comply and came off the  14 day  "house arrest"  a week ago.    🙂   

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

This happened to me,    a few weeks ago,  I was retuning from Alaska.   It was added back on the "quarantine"  list before I left to go home.     I did fully comply and came off the  14 day  "house arrest"  a week ago.    🙂   

It is happening to many people....and surely causing much disruption to lives.  People in NJ/NY  just can't make plans to go anywhere as they never know what "tomorrow will bring".  I am sure it is the same elsewhere.  We are at the mercy of not only the virus but also the state officials .  (

• Like 1

On 9/24/2020 at 6:12 PM, jaja said:

It is happening to many people....and surely causing much disruption to lives.  People in NJ/NY  just can't make plans to go anywhere as they never know what "tomorrow will bring".  I am sure it is the same elsewhere.  We are at the mercy of not only the virus but also the state officials .  (

So glad I live in a fee state😅.

• Like 2

On 9/24/2020 at 6:12 PM, jaja said:

I did not mention my quarantine  to make any complaints.    So "disruption" was not an issue, in my case.   These are certainly uncertain times,  and I'm fully willing to comply with restrictions for the greater good.   

• Like 3

Update I just did a mock booking for my cruise on Nov 22 out of New Orleans and now the ports are showing as Tender Ports except for Costa Maya. I also read an article that had suggested you will not be able to leave the ship at the ports unless you have a booked ship excursion only. So no private excursions.... Wow I had other plans in Costa Maya and Cozumel this will be a game changer for me.  

Nothing new on my trip summary page about this change. Anyone else see changes in their scheduled cruises?

Tracie 

53 minutes ago, Summerstravel said:

Update I just did a mock booking for my cruise on Nov 22 out of New Orleans and now the ports are showing as Tender Ports except for Costa Maya. I also read an article that had suggested you will not be able to leave the ship at the ports unless you have a booked ship excursion only. So no private excursions.... Wow I had other plans in Costa Maya and Cozumel this will be a game changer for me.  

Nothing new on my trip summary page about this change. Anyone else see changes in their scheduled cruises?

Tracie 

I check the trip summery page at least twice a week, but only change is the days to go countdown. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, lee8553 said:

I check the trip summery page at least twice a week, but only change is the days to go countdown. 

Thank you for the information I just wish we could get some news from Norwegian soon. Hopefully something next week since it is the end of the month. 

On 9/26/2020 at 3:20 AM, Summerstravel said:

Tracie 

I have been hanging on by a thread in hopes of things to change, and for someone in charge make an decision on cruising on 11/1.  We have a two week long cruise set for 11/29 with NCL.  I think I am going to bite the bullet and call and cancel today.  The trip is costly being it is two weeks long, and I have had two others cancelled earlier in the year, where my money is in now in limbo with the other two cruise lines.  I really am sad about cancelling, due to the great ports involved. There are at least three ports we haven't been on to before, but I don't want have to pay high dollar to get off of the ship, with only the no option/option of ship only excursions only.  I will be making the call sadly today.  I am not not willing to risk almost $5K. I hope everything starts up again safely with some freedom, so we can all go back to what we enjoy doing so much, and the employees can return to work safely, as well.

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2020 at 4:20 AM, Summerstravel said:

Tracie 

I think something strange is going on with the computer systems for itineraries and my cruise for Feb 28 had the same thing happening off and on.

At any rate, details of port changes and new policies won't show up until there is an OK to sail and the cruise line commits to each sailing. And you will more likely get it in a letter than in your online booking and that is how NCL likes to communicate (and be sure you saw it). The 73 point healthy sail report does say they expect few ports to be ready in the first months, and to only have "curated" shore excursions run by the ship or a trusted operator.  No self exploration and local arrangements.  Yes. A game changer for me too as I am not a "bus tour" person.  Not sure I would cruise until some ports are more opened.

But again, you won't see these details until clearance happens and the cruise line decides which cruises can go.  In your case, keep an eye on Breakway for November 9, NYC to New Orleans.

2 hours ago, Derbie said:

I have been hanging on by a thread in hopes of things to change, and for someone in charge make an decision on cruising on 11/1.  We have a two week long cruise set for 11/29 with NCL.  I think I am going to bite the bullet and call and cancel today.  The trip is costly being it is two weeks long, and I have had two others cancelled earlier in the year, where my money is in now in limbo with the other two cruise lines.  I really am sad about cancelling, due to the great ports involved. There are at least three ports we haven't been on to before, but I don't want have to pay high dollar to get off of the ship, with only the no option/option of ship only excursions only.  I will be making the call sadly today.  I am not not willing to risk almost $5K. I hope everything starts up again safely with some freedom, so we can all go back to what we enjoy doing so much, and the employees can return to work safely, as well.

I can not see any 14 day cruise operating this year.   It’s only going to start with short cruises.   NCL is not going to be stuck with I’ll passengers on board for lengthy cruises.    Growing pains and tweets have got to happen first.    What is your itinerary?   

• Like 1

On 9/20/2020 at 3:05 AM, Trimone said:

Travel restrictions? 

84630465-D116-4ACF-A441-2A7E25717DA1.png

Wonder which drug(s) will be set aside to focus on packaging vaccines for distribution.  Insulin, for example, is sold in similar bottles.  Rather than set up a new facility, manufacturers will likely repurpose existing equipment and processes designed to ensure proper handling.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PelicanBill said:

I think something strange is going on with the computer systems for itineraries and my cruise for Feb 28 had the same thing happening off and on.

At any rate, details of port changes and new policies won't show up until there is an OK to sail and the cruise line commits to each sailing. And you will more likely get it in a letter than in your online booking and that is how NCL likes to communicate (and be sure you saw it). The 73 point healthy sail report does say they expect few ports to be ready in the first months, and to only have "curated" shore excursions run by the ship or a trusted operator.  No self exploration and local arrangements.  Yes. A game changer for me too as I am not a "bus tour" person.  Not sure I would cruise until some ports are more opened.

But again, you won't see these details until clearance happens and the cruise line decides which cruises can go.  In your case, keep an eye on Breakway for November 9, NYC to New Orleans.

I really appreciate your comments and information and I will diffidently keep an eye out on the Breakaway. Thanks Tracie

19 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

I can not see any 14 day cruise operating this year.   It’s only going to start with short cruises.   NCL is not going to be stuck with I’ll passengers on board for lengthy cruises.    Growing pains and tweets have got to happen first.    What is your itinerary?   

I went ahead and cancelled yesterday  morning.  Sad, but it is what it is during Covid.  I hope to do a couple next year.  I agree with the length of the cruise would have been involved, not matter the lifting of the ban.  We will all keep our fingers crossed for early 2021!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Summerstravel said:

I really wanted to try Maya Chan and then I was headed and Mr Sancho's in Cozumel.....  

Not the same as a cruise, I know, but you can still visit those places (I'm assuming you are a US resident based on the WV in your profile). My wife and I spent a week in Cancun earlier this month and it was wonderful (and VERY safe). In fact, after we returned, Mexico downgraded its warnings and it's even safer than when we were there. So Cozumel and Costa Maya are still possible.

Our next cruise is scheduled for January, we'll see. (I'm taking the vacation time no matter what!) 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Derbie said:

I went ahead and cancelled yesterday  morning.  Sad, but it is what it is during Covid.  I hope to do a couple next year.  I agree with the length of the cruise would have been involved, not matter the lifting of the ban.  We will all keep our fingers crossed for early 2021!

Did you schedule another cruise? fingers crossed...  

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Not the same as a cruise, I know, but you can still visit those places (I'm assuming you are a US resident based on the WV in your profile). My wife and I spent a week in Cancun earlier this month and it was wonderful (and VERY safe). In fact, after we returned, Mexico downgraded its warnings and it's even safer than when we were there. So Cozumel and Costa Maya are still possible.

Our next cruise is scheduled for January, we'll see. (I'm taking the vacation time no matter what!) 😄

I was actually thinking of trip to Mexico but not sure about going solo. 

I received an e mail from my friend who has a home in Cabo and she included an article from the local "Gringo"paper that named  2 smaller ships and Norwegian as coming back in November/December this year....  I'm booked on Dec 15th to go and hope we do sail.  First positive news after 3 canceled cruises this year!....Fingers crossed!!!!!!

My wife and I are getting close to canceling our Med. cruise on Nov. 1st. I gave us the deadline of 10/1 to see what the news is, if any. As Americans, I don’t see anyway we could actually get on it. Also I’m not sure we would settle for an Italy only cruise. Don’t get me wrong I would love to see ANY of Europe, but as it would be our first trip there I don’t think we would be satisfied with that major of a change. I was told, by my wife, that we’re going to go to UNICO 2087 in Rivera Maya instead, assuming we cancel. No objections here. Not a bad backup plan if you ask me! 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, SCOYLE058 said:

My wife and I are getting close to canceling our Med. cruise on Nov. 1st. I gave us the deadline of 10/1 to see what the news is, if any. As Americans, I don’t see anyway we could actually get on it. Also I’m not sure we would settle for an Italy only cruise. Don’t get me wrong I would love to see ANY of Europe, but as it would be our first trip there I don’t think we would be satisfied with that major of a change. I was told, by my wife, that we’re going to go to UNICO 2087 in Rivera Maya instead, assuming we cancel. No objections here. Not a bad backup plan if you ask me! 

They are only allowing persons from within the Schengen area, even U.K. citizens can’t travel. 

56 minutes ago, SCOYLE058 said:

That is a good plan that place looks amazing. (yes I googled it lol) Thanks for sharing.... I hope we get some news soon.