November Cruisers????

Summerstravel

3 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Right now you are allowed to pass through New York without quarantining, either by car or by plane. I would think that if you come to New York, go directly to the cruise port, and then leave directly after disembarkation, you would not be required to quarantine. It would only be if you were planning to stay in New York for any period of time before or after the cruise that you would have to quarantine. That being said, I don't know how keen Cuomo or DeBlasio will be on opening the cruise terminal, even if there are restrictions of passengers' movements around the city/state pre and post-cruise.

this is true on the nj travel advisory , it says you can stay up to 24 hours.  and its basically on the honor system. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Quarantine is 14 days.  There are something like 33 states/territories on the list as I write this.  In addition, we are having some local spikes (although none are by the port).

I wonder if the requirement for pre-cruise Covid-19 testing will have an impact? Since all cruise passengers must be tested for Covid-19. For example someone is covid 19 free then they are exempt from the quarantine and allowed to broad the ship. 

From recent news reports, it looks like the CDC will extend the No Sail order through at least October 31, 2020.  It originally wanted to extend through the end of February 2021.

However, I also recall reading something about the CDC allowing, for the US, only short-term  cruises sailing out of Florida ports.  I wonder if this is true or not?

NCL was supposed to provide monthly updates; but we have not heard too much.

It would appear that local governments via Governors would need to be coordinated with this as well; especially in light of quarantine restrictions.   I think NJ, NY and CT are following the same state restrictions; so, how does one coming from one of the restricted states get allowed on board ship sailing out of NJ or NY??   And, like someone else mentioned, what happens to the cruise passengers when they return?

Also, what will the requirements be..?  I hear that everyone will need to pass the rapid Covid-19 testing (in the cruise terminal before boarding); use of public restrooms aboard the ship will be strongly discouraged (you will need to go back and use your cabin's restroom); daily temp checks; only cruise-line purchased shore excursions permitted; and so on.

After rescheduling an already cancelled cruise out of NJ; I have a 7-night NCL cruise booked for early November out of NY; I have my doubts I will be sailing in November.   Ugh...!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

So, this is what I'm wondering.  There are a few cruises scheduled to sail out of NYC in Nov.  But, here's the problem.  For those coming in from the majority of other states....there's a 14 day quarantine.  How's that gonna work?

It's not.    😉    

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Right now you are allowed to pass through New York without quarantining, either by car or by plane. I would think that if you come to New York, go directly to the cruise port, and then leave directly after disembarkation, you would not be required to quarantine. It would only be if you were planning to stay in New York for any period of time before or after the cruise that you would have to quarantine. That being said, I don't know how keen Cuomo or DeBlasio will be on opening the cruise terminal, even if there are restrictions of passengers' movements around the city/state pre and post-cruise.

A LOT of NYC cruisers live in the Tri State.    So it will involve quarantine for all of them.      I just came off it last week,   of 14 days.   I fully complied  and had to report every day.       

7 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

A LOT of NYC cruisers live in the Tri State.    So it will involve quarantine for all of them.      I just came off it last week,   of 14 days.   I fully complied  and had to report every day.       

How so? its only for ppl that live in the advisory list states . Or if you came from one of those states. 

Edited by seaman11
  • Like 2

Overview

In response to increased rates of COVID-19 transmission in certain states within the United States, and to protect New York’s successful containment of COVID-19, the State has joined with New Jersey and Connecticut in jointly issuing a travel advisory for anyone returning from travel to states that have a significant degree of community-wide spread of COVID-19.

Governor Cuomo issued Executive Order 205, requiring all travelers coming from states with significant rates of transmission of COVID-19 to quarantine for a 14-day period from the time of their last contact.

Restricted States

Updated September 29, 2020

The following states and territories meet the criteria for required quarantine:

Alabama

Alaska

Arkansas

Colorado

Delaware

Florida

Georgia

Guam

Idaho

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Minnesota

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

Nebraska

Nevada

North Carolina

North Dakota

Oklahoma

Puerto Rico

Rhode Island

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

This is based upon a seven day rolling average, of positive tests in excess of 10%, or number of positive cases exceeding 10 per 100,000 residents.

https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory#:~:text=If%20you%20have%20traveled%20from,for%20requiring%20such%20quarantine.

Stay safe...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, seaman11 said:

How so? its only for ppl that live in the advisory list states . Or if you came from one of those states. 

It's for everyone on the ship.

If I live in NYC...as I do...and the ship sails to FL....when I get back I'm supposed to quarantine for 14 days*.

Now...NYC can refuse docking of this ship based on 1000's of people (everyone one on the ship) who should be in quarantine because it was in FL.  This would be especially true for NYC residents...because we can't claim "just passing thru for less than 24 hours".  Or...NYC might refuse docking if there were any reported covid cases on board.

IMHO...this is all theoretical because the chance of cruising out of NYC in November/Dec is about .01%.   And when you factor in "what happens at the cruise terminal"....to comply with regulations the check-in process could take a week by itself.

*Seriously....really not worth a 7 day cruise and then I get to come home and sit in my apt for 14 days.  (Hopes of the April cruise get dimmer and dimmer.)

Edited by MsTabbyKats
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, meatball_nyc said:

Overview

In response to increased rates of COVID-19 transmission in certain states within the United States, and to protect New York’s successful containment of COVID-19, the State has joined with New Jersey and Connecticut in jointly issuing a travel advisory for anyone returning from travel to states that have a significant degree of community-wide spread of COVID-19.

Governor Cuomo issued Executive Order 205, requiring all travelers coming from states with significant rates of transmission of COVID-19 to quarantine for a 14-day period from the time of their last contact.

Restricted States

Alabama

Alaska

Arkansas

Colorado

Delaware

Florida

Georgia

Guam

Idaho

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Minnesota

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

Nebraska

Nevada

North Carolina

North Dakota

Oklahoma

Puerto Rico

Rhode Island

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

This is based upon a seven day rolling average, of positive tests in excess of 10%, or number of positive cases exceeding 10 per 100,000 residents.

https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory#:~:text=If%20you%20have%20traveled%20from,for%20requiring%20such%20quarantine.

Stay safe...

WOOHOO! Washington finally made it off the list 🤣 I still can’t go anywhere but it’s nice to not be on the naughty list (for now).

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

It's for everyone on the ship.

If I live in NYC...as I do...and the ship sails to FL....when I get back I'm supposed to quarantine for 14 days*.

Now...NYC can refuse docking of this ship based on 1000's of people (everyone one on the ship) who should be in quarantine because it was in FL.  This would be especially true for NYC residents...because we can't claim "just passing thru for less than 24 hours".  Or...NYC might refuse docking if there were any reported covid cases on board.

IMHO...this is all theoretical because the chance of cruising out of NYC in November/Dec is about .01%.   And when you factor in "what happens at the cruise terminal"....to comply with regulations the check-in process could take a week by itself.

*Seriously....really not worth a 7 day cruise and then I get to come home and sit in my apt for 14 days.  (Hopes of the April cruise get dimmer and dimmer.)

i did mention "if you came from one of those states"  i agree its likely not going to happen out of nyc for some time. 

but i was confused about the person i quoted saying if you live in the tri state area you would have to quarantine for 14 days before going. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sweetnspicy said:

WOOHOO! Washington finally made it off the list 🤣 I still can’t go anywhere but it’s nice to not be on the naughty list (for now).

LOL--BUT--our NJ list changes almost every day.  You never know what will happen ....

3 minutes ago, jaja said:

LOL--BUT--our NJ list changes almost every day.  You never know what will happen ....

DC has been off the list for a few weeks now because i check it every few days. , planning to go to AC this month now that VA is off the list 

• Like 2

On 9/21/2020 at 9:50 AM, SCOYLE058 said:

We're scheduled for the Epic on 11/1 out of Barcelona. I don't see it happening especially since we're Americans. I would greatly appreciate some info from NCL as it's getting pretty close. 

The least NCL could do is tell us WHEN the next update will be posted.  I visit the website every day to check for status.

Am booked 12/2 out of Athens, stopping for a few days in Paris on the way.  We are becoming more and more resigned to rebooking.

8 minutes ago, Sue Do-Over said:

The least NCL could do is tell us WHEN the next update will be posted.  I visit the website every day to check for status.

Am booked 12/2 out of Athens, stopping for a few days in Paris on the way.  We are becoming more and more resigned to rebooking.

They said they would tell us at the end of the month. Here we are again, the end of the month has come and gone with no update. I understand that they don’t want to do something prematurely but they should give people at least 30 days notice so nobody is left scrambling. 

2 minutes ago, SCOYLE058 said:

They said they would tell us at the end of the month. Here we are again, the end of the month has come and gone with no update. I understand that they don’t want to do something prematurely but they should give people at least 30 days notice so nobody is left scrambling. 

There is supposed to be another meeting at the White House this time with cruise company officials this time.  Who know what the results of that meeting will.

4 hours ago, meatball_nyc said:

Overview

Restricted States

Alabama

Alaska

Arkansas

Colorado

Delaware

Florida

Georgia

Guam

Idaho

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Minnesota

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

Nebraska

Nevada

North Carolina

North Dakota

Oklahoma

Puerto Rico

Rhode Island

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

Stay safe...

Glad to see PA is not on the list. Coming up on Saturday morning to ride the Hudson bike trail

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Lupush said:

Yet still 20k less deaths than in Cuomo's COVID utopia.

Isn't it amazing? If a state with a pro-lockdown stance sees a drop in cases, the media cheers. If the same state has a rise, the media barely mentions it. If a state with a governor like DeSantis opens up and cases rise, the media exclaims "aha! Told you so." But if the opposite occurs, the media is virtually silent. It's almost like the media has an agenda.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Sue Do-Over said:

I don’t think you will be going to Paris.

Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? No 

Broad restrictions on non-essential travel from many countries outside the European Union, including the United States, remain in place. The French government has defined essential travel as entry by French citizens, residents of France, all foreign (including United States citizen) students (with appropriate visa or residence permit), and spouses and children of French citizens.

In rare cases, the French government will consider allowing travel in humanitarian situations and reportedly in cases of business activity important to the French economy. Persons may inquire about such allowances with the French Embassy in Washington, DC (visas@consulfrance-washington.org).

The United States Embassy has no standing to intervene or advocate for the private travel of United States citizens to France. Please contact your nearest French Embassy or French Consulate or refer to France Visas. If you are already in France, please contact your nearest Prefecture or refer to the Ministry of the Interior or Prefecture de Police.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sue Do-Over said:

It's risky, but you might still be able to go to Athens. I follow a great website called Traveloffpath.com, and they routinely update their page (every day, it seems) with the lists of countries where you can travel. Greece does allow citizens of many countries to enter (I don't know your particular citizenship circumstances, so I can't comment). Furthermore, people who post on that site report being able to transit through the UK, Ireland, and Germany on their way to other, allegedly banned, countries like Greece. For example, Croatia is open to US citizens like me, and I could theoretically fly from there to Greece. But ultimately it's up to the Greek government whether I could board a ship in Athens. It's best to check the Greek consulate wherever you live. There are numerous exceptions to the rules. For example, I have a good friend here in Virginia who is Spanish, so she could fly to Spain even though she resides in the US. I have American friends who are still US citizens but they live in the south of France, so they could ALSO travel to Greece. Every person is a little bit different. Best of luck to you, I hope it works out!!

1 hour ago, Lupush said:

Yet still 20k less deaths than in Cuomo's COVID utopia.

The VAST VAST VAST majority of COVID deaths in NYS happened early in the pandemic when people were exposed before the lockdowns, treatments were unknown, and vulnerable populations were contracting it at much higher rates than less vulnerable demographics. In the downstate area, hospitals were overwhelmed which led to a high death rate, just like Spain and Italy in the early days. States that got hit later had more time to prepare, had the benefit of lessons learned from Europe and the Tri-State Area, and had time to protect their vulnerable populations.

Florida has vastly surpassed NYS in total cases, but has a lower death rate because the demographics of those infected and the timing of when the infections happened. Florida had 174 deaths yesterday. New York State had 9. New York hasn't had more than 100 deaths in a day since the first of July. Most days we are in the single digits and some days even have zero!

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

The VAST VAST VAST majority of COVID deaths in NYS happened early in the pandemic when people were exposed before the lockdowns, treatments were unknown, and vulnerable populations were contracting it at much higher rates than less vulnerable demographics. In the downstate area, hospitals were overwhelmed which led to a high death rate, just like Spain and Italy in the early days. States that got hit later had more time to prepare, had the benefit of lessons learned from Europe and the Tri-State Area, and had time to protect their vulnerable populations.

Florida has vastly surpassed NYS in total cases, but has a lower death rate because the demographics of those infected and the timing of when the infections happened. Florida had 174 deaths yesterday. New York State had 9. New York hasn't had more than 100 deaths in a day since the first of July. Most days we are in the single digits and some days even have zero!

There's been nobody there to spread the virus.  🙂

• Like 1