No Deposit required on Marella Website?

21 hours ago, drsel said:

That would be absolutely amazing!
so what are the prices on a per person per night basis?

Prices are still the same a week in May was £2878 inc drinks package balcony 7nts for 2 people but can book now with no deposit and i just wondered what the catch was. 

i suppose it means that if cruises end up being cancelled they dont have to do refunds? but still have an idea of demand? 

Prices are still the same a week in May was £2878 inc drinks package balcony 7nts for 2 people but can book now with no deposit and i just wondered what the catch was.  i suppose it means that if cruises end up being cancelled they dont have to do refunds? but still have an idea of demand?  

that is indeed a very noble gesture from marela, formerly Thomson Cruises.  

Not only do they avoid the hassle of refunds, they also avoid giving stress to loyal customers.

On which site did you book The Cruise

2 hours ago, WeeCountyMan said:

It would be interesting to know when the first payment is required prior to the sailing date.

TUI standard timescale ?

Any penalties if you decide to cancel with 70 or more days notice ?

Full payment is due 12 weeks prior to the holiday. It's not available on all holidays and you have to opt in and give them your bank details for a direct debit, if you cancel the holiday or the dd before the 12 weeks you have to pay normal deposit. 

Thanks for clarification.

How often, and how much (% of total cruise cost) would the Direct Debit be ?

Just seems like another way of TUI taking money up front - if you cancel the DD they already have your funds, and possibly more than the deposit would have been, depending on when the DD is pulled ?

2 hours ago, WeeCountyMan said:

How often, and how much (% of total cruise cost) would the Direct Debit be ?

Don't really know that, I assumed it was to cover them for just the one total payment at 12 weeks out😕 

I am not good at posting links but I found it on Google under Tui no deposits. May help. 

Thanks for the link.

As I read it, TUI set the amount and payment frequency for the Direct Debits.

"If you pay by Direct Debit, TUI holidays will provide you with a confirmation setting out the payment amounts and due dates."

This paragraph cuts to the chase in respect of cancellations or failed payments.

"As you are paying by direct debit, you do not have to pay the balance due for your holiday 12 weeks before you go. Your direct debit payments will be arranged so that the balance is paid 6 weeks before you go on holiday. If you cancel the direct debit at any time you will need to pay the balance due 12 weeks before you travel."

So, if you keep up the DDs (which will be monthly I assume) the balance is due 6 weeks before travelling, which is no change on the traditional paying a deposit upfront then settling the balance timescale. Any failure to pay by DD results in having to settle up 12 weeks in advance.

A bit of a con trick methinks (other opinions may differ) - once the customer has paid a couple or so DDs then TUI essentially have enough to cover the low (or full ?) deposit in their account.

On the other hand, DDs are certainly a convenient way of spreading the cost of the overall price of a cruise or holiday over a period of time.

Having booked today for later next year. The catch is you give them your bank details and 6 x payments come out until 12 weeks prior to your Cruise. 

I have opted to pay the £150 minimum deposit today and pay £250 in December 2020 then the next full payment 12 weeks prior to the cruise. 

On 9/25/2020 at 9:43 PM, Jim The Scot said:

When and where next year RR?

Got a couple cruises booked for next year

Hi Jim, hope you are well.

Next year Discovery II May14th 2 weeks.

Was supposed to be on the Dream October 12th 2021 now been transferred to the Discovery I ..you never know we might bump into each other soon 🙂

Hi RR,

I,m well thanks hope you are too

We,re the Dream in July and Discovery in August pandemic dependant..

Whats the reason behind your transfer to Discovery from the Dream?

Edited

Just seen the thread about the Dream so it looks like we,re not on the Dream in July 😂...Heres hoping we get a guaranteed straight transfer to the Discovery and not a cancellation

When and how did you find out you had been transferred RR?

Edited by Jim The Scot

11 hours ago, Jim The Scot said:

Hi Jim, I had an inkling a few days before the news broke..as my booking had disappeared off the bookings so dug a bit deeper through messenger and twitter..it set a few alarm bells ringing with the halls of TUI/Marella I think and low and behold they posted a bit early than they should have..and I quote? Hi Terry, you should receive your new confirmation documents before the end of November. Once the cruises are updated in the system we'll be able to sort that cabin out for you. I hope that helps and that you're looking forward to sailing on Marella Discovery. ^Tori 

11 hours ago, Jim The Scot said:

Just seen the thread about the Dream so it looks like we,re not on the Dream in July 😂...Heres hoping we get a guaranteed straight transfer to the Discovery and not a cancellation

When and how did you find out you had been transferred RR?

Thanks RR

We,re not booked directly through TUI/Marella but with our local TA so TUI will more than likely contact them and they in turn will contact us or i,ll contact them

Having been on the Discovery before no issue with being transferred  but cabin allocation/selection is a small issue as have paid for an outside+ on the Dream so would be looking for the equivalent or refund

• 1 month later...

Well our cruise we booked on the Dream about a year ago for July 2021 went live last night/ today on TUI website and having not heard anything from my TA regards our automatic transfer to the Discovery which is taking over the Dreams itinerary or cabin allocation took it upon myself to call  TUI direct even though I knew that every chance they wouldnt divulge the info having not booked direct with them.How wrong could I have been.My call was answered quickly and they were more than happy to answer my query.Automatic transfer had gone ahead and having booked an outside + on the Dream expected to be allocated an outside cabin on deck 2/3 on Discovery but when I asked what cabin  we had been allocated was  delighted when they said a Delux   balcony cabin  and would we like to select/book our cabin......I duly did

Two happy bunnies

After losing our USA cruise later in the year heres hoping this one goes ahead

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim The Scot said:

Well our cruise we booked on the Dream about a year ago for July 2021 went live last night/ today on TUI website and having not heard anything from my TA regards our automatic transfer to the Discovery which is taking over the Dreams itinerary or cabin allocation took it upon myself to call  TUI direct even though I knew that every chance they wouldnt divulge the info having not booked direct with them.How wrong could I have been.My call was answered quickly and they were more than happy to answer my query.Automatic transfer had gone ahead and having booked an outside + on the Dream expected to be allocated an outside cabin on deck 2/3 on Discovery but when I asked what cabin  we had been allocated was  delighted when they said a Delux   balcony cabin  and would we like to select/book our cabin......I duly did

Two happy bunnies

After losing our USA cruise later in the year heres hoping this one goes ahead

Great news Jim fingers crossed 🤞 all goes well for you. 

4 hours ago, Jim The Scot said:

Thanks P 👍

First time we,ve ever been given an upgrade by TUI which we know is down to the circumstances but welcome nonetheless

Our first upgrade was on our first ever cruise on Destiny it was for our 40th and was from a standard outside to a suite No 7000, seperat bedroom, walk in wardrobe, 2 TV, s. 👍 thought this was normal🙄. Had to wait a few years for our next which was on Spirit, the owner suite nothing since. 

Hope you enjoy.