Having Major Problems Getting My Refund - what to do?

susanf31

I'm going to try to keep this simple:

I was supposed to sail on the March 22nd sailing of Encore. NCL cancelled the cruise on about March 17th.

On March 23rd, I went onto NCL website and filled out the online form for a refund.  I got the pop up window that said I would get the refund in 90 days.  I also received an email.

About May 13th, I called my NCL group cruise consultant and asked about the progress of the refund. He said they had no record of my refund request and I should fill out the form again. He stayed on the phone with me and walked me through the process of filling out the form again.

Once I filled out the form and hit "send" I got a pop up saying I had cancelled my refund request and been moved back to future cruise credits (!!!!!!) I did NOT want this!!!!

I've been working with a NCL executive ever since trying to get this mistake corrected.  Especially since THEIR NCL consultant is the one who told me to fill out the form again.

On August 17th, she emailed me and told me that the "powers that be" have agreed that I should receive a refund. (I've been fighting this since June!) She told me I could take up to 30 days to receive the refund.

It is now Sept. 21st.  34 days since she told me it could take UP TO 30 days to get the refund. Still no refund. I have emailed her 3 times and she is not responding.

What can I do???  

19 minutes ago, susanf31 said:

I'm going to try to keep this simple:

I was supposed to sail on the March 22nd sailing of Encore. NCL cancelled the cruise on about March 17th.

On March 23rd, I went onto NCL website and filled out the online form for a refund.  I got the pop up window that said I would get the refund in 90 days.  I also received an email.

About May 13th, I called my NCL group cruise consultant and asked about the progress of the refund. He said they had no record of my refund request and I should fill out the form again. He stayed on the phone with me and walked me through the process of filling out the form again.

Once I filled out the form and hit "send" I got a pop up saying I had cancelled my refund request and been moved back to future cruise credits (!!!!!!) I did NOT want this!!!!

I've been working with a NCL executive ever since trying to get this mistake corrected.  Especially since THEIR NCL consultant is the one who told me to fill out the form again.

On August 17th, she emailed me and told me that the "powers that be" have agreed that I should receive a refund. (I've been fighting this since June!) She told me I could take up to 30 days to receive the refund.

It is now Sept. 21st.  34 days since she told me it could take UP TO 30 days to get the refund. Still no refund. I have emailed her 3 times and she is not responding.

What can I do???  

Dispute the charge with your credit card. Services not received. 

I already did dispute with my CC company.  They declined the dispute because NCL provided them with documentation saying they had issued me a cruise credit and that is all they were obligated to do per the contract.  I disputed THAT dispute with documentation that showed they were offering refunds and that I filled out the refund, my CC company STILL declined my dispute and sided with NCL.  Capital One Venture.

It took amost 5 months for me to get the last part of my refund (another long story) after initially being told 10-14 days back in April.  I bothered customer service once a month (sometimes receiving no reply, then asking again until I got an update) and was told each time in writing via e-mail that they could see in my records that it was in the system waiting to be processed.  I'm hopeful for you that it will eventually go through.  FIngers crossed and don't believe any time frame they tell you.... just be persistent.

Hello,

My husband booked a cruise for this past August which we canceled in June. He was never advised that we could receive a full refund and took the credit option. Would we still be able to get a refund? If so, could someone paste the link to the refund form, we can't find on NCL's website. 

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Santos said:

Hello,

My husband booked a cruise for this past August which we canceled in June. He was never advised that we could receive a full refund and took the credit option. Would we still be able to get a refund? If so, could someone paste the link to the refund form, we can't find on NCL's website. 

Thanks

Pretty much all the cases reported say there was a limited window to choose FCC or refund, and once that window closed you cannot change your request.

I just got the last part of my AK cruise scheduled this past June, the reason it took so long ended up to be a problem on the CC company side, as NCL issued the refund way back in June.

So always consult the CC company, in my case the specific charge was refunded to an old CC#, my card change numbers since than, same cc company just a new number.

Mrs. Santos - I don't think you can get a refund since you cancelled the cruise and not NCL.  In my case, and others like me, we didn't cancel. We were paid and full and days away from sailing when NCL cancelled the cruise. We had no choice.

@susanf31 as for the PCC not responding, be aware that NCL has undergone MAJOR staffing cuts.  I'm sure the PCC's were probably among the first to be cut so that PCC you were working with is possibly not currently employed by NCL.  Your best solution for a response would be through the normal customer service channels.

On 9/21/2020 at 12:44 PM, Mrs. Santos said:

Hello,

Thanks

YOU canceled under Peace of Mind.    You do not have any refund option.   ONLY FCC.    

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 1:12 PM, sammee said:

Dispute it! You've got nothing to lose.

Except filing a dispute when you are not entitled to a cash refund is fraud.  I'm not at all saying that this is the situation in any specific person's case, but if NCL gave you the FCC and you did not request a cash refund, filing a dispute would indeed be attempted fraud.

Be careful, make sure you have all of your ducks in a row!

22 minutes ago, Trimone said:

How can filing a dispute be fraud? A voucher has no monetary/resale value 

You paid your money, they didn’t produce, you want your money back.

Amex simple 

Exactly. They pulled this crap on me too and than some. I filed, I lost, I appealed with the actual proof and documents, I won.  It's not a cookie cutter situation for everybody.

24 minutes ago, sammee said:

Exactly. They pulled this crap on me too and than some. I filed, I lost, I appealed with the actual proof and documents, I won.  It's not a cookie cutter situation for everybody.

It’s about time NCL, and the travel industry treats us as customers, we are the future of their product.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Trimone said:

Amex simple 

There IS value if you have a FCC on your account.   And it certainly can be “sold” as well.    

6 hours ago, sammee said:

Did you have a FCC on your account.   This is likely?     And when you “won”,   Did NCL remove it???     

32 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

Did you have a FCC on your account.   This is likely?     And when you “won”,   Did NCL remove it???     

It's not removed yet, but I suspect it will be. The final determination was made last week, so I'm sure it takes them time. Take all they want, I have no intention of using it. 

1 hour ago, Budget Queen said:

There IS value if you have a FCC on your account.   And it certainly can be “sold” as well.    

There is no value whatsoever if NCL goes into a chapter bankruptcy code.

Refund under any circumstances is the best option, you are in control of your finances.

19 hours ago, Trimone said:

Amex simple 

When you knowingly file a dispute for a transaction where you know full well that you are not entitled to get a charge back, that is attempted fraud.  The fact that you think you should get money back, or you think the other party should "do the right thing" is not relevant.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Trimone said:

There is no value whatsoever if NCL goes into a chapter bankruptcy code.

Refund under any circumstances is the best option, you are in control of your finances.

Speculation means NOTHING.   At THIS time,   the FCC has value.