Having Major Problems Getting My Refund - what to do?

susanf31

30 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

Speculation means NOTHING.   At THIS time,   the FCC has value.   

Have you got a sticky caps button? 
FFC has no monetary value, you can only spend it with NCL, therefore one can’t spend it on anything else.

Another bid problem for FFC holders is what’s a skint cruise company going to set prices at, not going to be low are they?

Nothing but a ponzie scheme 

If the cruise line cancelled the cruise then a customer can dispute the paid fare.

Within the credit card world, the low level clerks may prove difficult and reject for a variety of "reasons".

Go to the bank's dispute resolution section of the web site  - it will contain an upwards food chain of dispute levels. It usually ends at the bank's ombudsman.  Work your way up the food chain and provide all your documentation.

I did and I got to step 2 and my refund quickly appeared on my credit card statement (disputing air canada who refuses to provide refunds to customers when they cancel flights - one of the world airlines in the world for this).

Keep working at it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing you didn't use a travel agent, but if you did, ask them to work on this.

Otherwise, I would call my state consumer affairs office to ask for help. Another avenue would be a travel advocacy group like the Christopher Elliot's.  (www dot elliot dot org)

I wish you luck!

On 9/21/2020 at 6:44 AM, Mrs. Santos said:

Hello,

My husband booked a cruise for this past August which we canceled in June. He was never advised that we could receive a full refund and took the credit option. Would we still be able to get a refund? If so, could someone paste the link to the refund form, we can't find on NCL's website. 

Thanks

You received an email with the cancellation. It stated that you will automatically receive the FCC with bonus. It also identified a finite period in which you could request the lesser cash refund.

It was up to you to read the communications from NCL and take action. Since you didn’t, it is too late now.

Use your FCC by the deadline. Understand the deadline so that you don’t lose that opportunity. 

Edited by BirdTravels

24 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You received an email with the cancellation. It stated that you will automatically receive the FCC with bonus. It also identified a finite period in which you could request the lesser cash refund.

It was up to you to read the communications from NCL and take action. Since you didn’t, it is too late now.

Use your FCC by the deadline. Understand the deadline so that you don’t lose that opportunity. 

Thanks...we decided to book something for 2022