Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
JoLoves2Travel

DO you want to CRUISE again?COME HERE!

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone!

 

So this is for everyone that wants to go back to cruising. Please do not come here with gloom and darkness. If you have decided that you are too scared to cruise, I respect your opinion and your decision. However, this post is more so for those that really want to get back to cruising. Today is the last day to send a comment to the CDC! Feel free to also read the comments by fellow cruisers. 

 

I believe those that want to resume to regular living should be given the right to do so. If people do not want to travel by air or water, then they also have the right to choose not to. I believe it is only fair. I personally want to cruise again as soon as they open the ports! I also do not want to cruise with a mask on but again that's my personal preference.

 

https://beta.regulations.gov/commenton/CDC-2020-0087-0001

Edited by JoLoves2Travel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has already been discussed in a few threads.  Most seem to think it's a waste of keyboard ink.  Hope that doesn't break your "doom and darkness" rule.   🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely want to cruise again (and will eventually), for me there has to be a vaccine though, and I don't see myself wearing a mask all day on a cruise.  So I guess I will have to wait.

 

But for sure when cruising starts again masks will be required for the foreseeable future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This has already been discussed in a few threads.  Most seem to think it's a waste of keyboard ink.  Hope that doesn't break your "doom and darkness" rule.  
Waste of keyboard ink??? Haha, that's a new one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am definitely interested and looking forward to cruising from April 2021

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People believe the media and not the science! 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I feel that the risk of being infected is higher at work than on a cruiseship so I defenitely prefer to cruise. I'm not interested in a cruise where I need to wear a mask so I will wait until I can cruise without wearing a mask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

 

Yes, most comments that I read.

Are you just not reading the contrary opinions then? ;) Because they are here on this board.

 

I can understand if you don't want to cruise. Fine by me, none of my business. But what I can't understand is the idea that others feel it's their place to impose their concerns about it onto me.  I don't share these fears. I think with safety measures in place, there's a way to get cruising down to an acceptable risk level. What risk level? Basically an equivalent (or lower) risk to any land based vacation where you go to an airport, get on a plane, stay in a hotel, eat in restaurants, drink in bars, lounge on beaches, shop in malls, visit amusement parks etc.  I can do all of that today. It's time we had our choices back.

 

 

 

 

Edited by macandlucy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, sammee said:

Too scared to cruse?

 

Was that a comment to me? If yes I'm not scared to cruise but if they say that I must wear a mask I won't cruise because I will not enjoy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No to original poster who actually put that in  the post? I apologize, I should have quoted it.  Just tired of everybody with the "too scared to" garbage. Most of us aren't scared, we weigh things out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoLoves2Travel said:

I believe those that want to resume to regular living should be given the right to do so.

 

1 hour ago, JoLoves2Travel said:

I also do not want to cruise with a mask on

 

If cruising does resume before a vaccine, masks will be required (as will social distancing, etc). To me, cruising with these requirements will not be a resumption of regular living. Also, I don't want to take the chance of being quarantined for days either on or off a ship. I don't consider these reasons as being "too scared to cruise".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i cant wait and am already booked for sept 2022(see my sig); had to cancel of course this years cruise along with a couple of Disneyworld vacays and other trips, but it could be worse - i am a very optimistic person :-) ;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoLoves2Travel said:

I believe those that want to resume to regular living should be given the right to do so. If people do not want to travel by air or water, then they also have the right to choose not to. I believe it is only fair. I personally want to cruise again as soon as they open the ports! I also do not want to cruise with a mask on but again that's my personal preference.

 

https://beta.regulations.gov/commenton/CDC-2020-0087-0001


The problem with this is that none of us live in a bubble. The contacts you make in traveling can affect random people you come across at the grocery store after you get home.

This is the crux of the lockdown orders.

However, it IS hypocritical that flights, theme parks, and some restaurants are allowed and not cruising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hºoºwie said:

i cant wait and am already booked for sept 2022(see my sig); had to cancel of course this years cruise along with a couple of Disneyworld vacays and other trips, but it could be worse - i am a very optimistic person 🙂 ;


I have deposits on cruises in September 2021 and October 2022 currently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, sammee said:

No to original poster who actually put that in  the post? I apologize, I should have quoted it.  Just tired of everybody with the "too scared to" garbage. Most of us aren't scared, we weigh things out.

 

Didn't the OP said that she wasn't scared?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

 

 

If cruising does resume before a vaccine, masks will be required (as will social distancing, etc).

 

We don't know that for sure. 

 

Right now masks are required on many (all?) cruises but we don't know if that will last until we have a vaccine.

Edited by sverigecruiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, macandlucy said:

Are you just not reading the contrary opinions then? 😉 Because they are here on this board.

 

I can understand if you don't want to cruise. Fine by me, none of my business. But what I can't understand is the idea that others feel it's their place to impose their concerns about it onto me.  I don't share these fears. I think with safety measures in place, there's a way to get cruising down to an acceptable risk level. What risk level? Basically an equivalent (or lower) risk to any land based vacation where you go to an airport, get on a plane, stay in a hotel, eat in restaurants, drink in bars, lounge on beaches, shop in malls, visit amusement parks etc.  I can do all of that today. It's time we had our choices back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not sure why you are lecturing me.  I didn't say one way or the other if I wanted to cruise.  I read various opinions on the CDC wanting input from cruisers and like I said:  MOST that I read were dismissive of the request for input.

 

Carry on.

Edited by ColeThornton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JoLoves2Travel said:

Hello everyone!

 

So this is for everyone that wants to go back to cruising. Please do not come here with gloom and darkness. If you have decided that you are too scared to cruise, I respect your opinion and your decision. However, this post is more so for those that really want to get back to cruising. Today is the last day to send a comment to the CDC! Feel free to also read the comments by fellow cruisers. 

 

I believe those that want to resume to regular living should be given the right to do so. If people do not want to travel by air or water, then they also have the right to choose not to. I believe it is only fair. I personally want to cruise again as soon as they open the ports! I also do not want to cruise with a mask on but again that's my personal preference.

 

https://beta.regulations.gov/commenton/CDC-2020-0087-0001

Thank you for this thread. I have gotten sick and tired of the Debbie Downers, and they are EVERYWHERE. It's not enough for some of them that they aren't planning to return to cruising, they seem to feel the need to bash anyone over the head (usually with scads and scads of linked articles to support their "gloom and doom" vision) who doesn't agree with them. Last I checked, this site was for cruise enthusiasts, not negativity. One person snarkily reminded me that the site is called Cruise Critic, emphasis on the second word. I responded that "critic" in that context means one with expertise who evaluates things, like a food critic or art critic, not a hater, LOL! I am super excited that so many cruise lines are starting back up, from Asia to Europe to even one smaller line in the Caribbean. And I am 100% fine with wearing masks, cruise line-sponsored excursions and anything else that gets an industry I love and support back on its feet. Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to cruise.  I am also afraid to read the rest of the comments in this topic, I am guessing it will be an all out war between the two sides of thought on cruising right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been following this ongoing debate for several months now.  Most of the time it appears that people refuse to even consider the merits of the other sides argument.  Some like to selectively choose which data to treat as the gospel while ignoring just as meaningful data which contradicts their opinion or position.  Some claim their should be zero cruising until COVID is essentially eradicated or 100% of society is vaccinated. Others want the cruises started today, but don't want to make any changes or take any steps that doesn't fit with their own enjoyment level.  

 

I guess I fall somewhere in between.  COVID is serious and should be treated as such.  But by society as a whole, not just the cruising industry.  The hypocrisy of allowing fans at football games, full flights, full casinos etc., but saying no to cruisers is disheartening.

 

At the same time, we should be willing to modify some of our behaviors for the good of society and cruising to get it up and going again.  For example, wearing a mask just like you would indoors at a grocery store.  Just as the airlines have a "no fly" list for purposeful noncompliance, the cruises could have the same.

 

Anyone who isn't comfortable cruising right now should not be shamed.  It is understandable.  There is risk involved.  Probably even higher risk than everyday activity around their hometown.  No one is forcing them to go.  Likewise, those who don't like new protocols that are designed to reduce risk of spread don't have to go on a cruise.  No one is forcing you to go either.

 

I want to get back to cruising so bad it hurts.  I am willing to follow new protocols to do so.  I just don't believe that cruising should be held to either a higher or a lower standard than other industries.  The only concern I would have at this point is the protocol for what to do once a case is discovered onboard.  There has to be solution that doesn't involve just cancelling the rest of the cruise.  They are returning to states and ports that are already reporting thousands of new cases a day anyway.  What is twenty or thirty more?  The affected parties should be treated and concern.  All other issues should be handled just as if you are in a hotel or casino.  No better. No worse.

 

My wife and I are booked on  November 1, 2020 Encore out of New York.  I have no expectations that it will go.  But I sure would like to see some movement  towards cruising soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a cruise booked for Thanksgiving week out of New Orleans and I would love for it to sail. I am good with the new covid-19 safety procedures. Other people are going on vacations (my sister is at the beach now)  I have faith the cruise lines can keep us safe. 

I'm ready.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are booked on the Epic January 2021 and the Bliss March 2021.  Two cancelled cruises in 2020-the Joy March 2020 and the Encore October 2020. Needless to say, we are ready and willing to cruise!

My husband and I work retail management-he for a major drugstore chain and me for a major gas station chain.  As "essential workers", we have been working this entire time.  I personally feel we are at greater risk at the workplace than we are traveling. We have flown, stayed in hotels, gone out to eat and visited places of tourism.  We do whatever the protacol requires with masks.  Our jobs did not require masks until May so prior to then, we did not wear them for work. Given the choice, we would not wear a mask but are not opposed to wearing if required.  A cruise while wearing a mask in public spaces is better than not cruising!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...