50,000 tell CDC to Extend No Sail Order

HaveWeMetYet

30 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Looks like Anti Cruising due to Environment. Nothing due with CV, I'd bet most never Cruise anyway

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

4-5 of their 9 points were related to Covid

I don't see any suggestions, just complaints. They're just making noise and anyone can get 50,000 (unverified) signatures on the Internet these days.

It doesn't matter, the CDC is going to extend the order anyway until the cruise lines submit an acceptable plan. This won't move the needle one way or the other. I don't know why Bayley is paying any attention to them, it just plays into their hands.

3 hours ago, Pratique said:

I don't see any suggestions, just complaints. They're just making noise and anyone can get 50,000 (unverified) signatures on the Internet these days.

It doesn't matter, the CDC is going to extend the order anyway until the cruise lines submit an acceptable plan. This won't move the needle one way or the other. I don't know why Bayley is paying any attention to them, it just plays into their hands.

Honestly time for new management 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, garywatson said:

If you want to see my hostile commentary to the CDC, it's in their docket: https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=CDC-2020-0087-4124. (download the PDF attachment).

There are probably many who will not like your comments, but this is one of several comments that made me giggle.

d. Should cruise ship operators deny boarding to passengers coming from COVID-19 high-incidence
geographic areas? The USA is pretty much the worst, so nope except maybe India.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

On the flip side:

Cruise workforce rallies are planned Oct. 21 at PortMiami, Port Everglades, Port Canaveral (where International Longshoremen's Association members from Port Tampa Bay will be joining) and the Port of Galveston.

ILA members and workers from cruise lines, airlines, ports, ground transportation companies, travel and tourism organizations, hotels, bars, restaurants, entertainment venues, agriculture and other sectors impacted by the suspension of cruise operations are expected to attend.

Call to action

They're asking to get back to work and calling for the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to let the no-sail order expire so cruising can resume. The order currently goes through October.

At PortMiami, the rally is set for noon at Cruise Terminal D. 

This multi-port gathering follows a similar Sept. 28 workers rally at PortMiami

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 8:56 PM, njkruzer said:

The petition starts by complaining about the cruise industry, foreign owned...  they have another agenda.  Its not Covid. 

Correct - they would be happy to see the cruise industry disappear.  Covid is just the vehicle they are using to attempt to further their agenda.

• Like 1

Cruise ships are very polluting to be fair. And I bet they all dump waste at sea not just princess. Though in recent years they have improved their act to be fair. They also have very bad security practices like rescuing boats in distress when it could be anyone on the distressed boat with 6000 passengers and crew to think about.

Edited by ace2542

On 9/27/2020 at 8:28 PM, twangster said:

53,000 told the FAA they don't want RemoteID.  Guess what's coming to the skies next year?  

Wait that actually passed? Is it just drones or rc planes too? Sorry for off topic, but this impacts us as much as the cruising. Flying RC Planes and Cruising are 2 things I love to do.

We moved our cruise from January 2021 to later in the year, hoping things will be more back to the new normal. I am still not convinced ships will be sailing out of US ports in January. The anti cruise people are loving this, I think people like the Cruise law guy are just hoping that they fail and all go away.

Edited by cgolf1

1 hour ago, cgolf1 said:

Wait that actually passed? Is it just drones or rc planes too? Sorry for off topic, but this impacts us as much as the cruising. Flying RC Planes and Cruising are 2 things I love to do.

It passed and now they are in the process of determining how it's going to be implemented.  As an FAA certified part 107 pilot my name is published already but if they end up implementing RemoteID poorly there are potential privacy issues where any wack job can find my home address simply by scanning the airwaves for RemoteID broadcasts.  Time will tell.