Fast refund of deposit-Kudos

CptBoatface

12 hours ago, CptBoatface said:

Reluctantly canceled on the Nov 13th sailing week before last. Funds have been returned to my account already. Oceania has its act together as far as I'm concerned and will hope to cruise with them soon. 

Great news.

They must be all, caught up.

16 hours ago, CptBoatface said:

Reluctantly canceled on the Nov 13th sailing week before last. Funds have been returned to my account already. Oceania has its act together as far as I'm concerned and will hope to cruise with them soon. 

That was quick. I waited over 100 days but that was for an April cruise, right at the start of the pandemic. 

I have absolutely no idea what happened here. The title of this thread says a deposit was returned. The OP talked about aNov 13th cruise. Was that a 11/23/21 cruise of which only a deposit would have been made? Or, had the OP made full payment on a 11/23/20 cruise and the entire amount was refunded to them in 10 days? If the latter, it wasn’t a deposit being refunded as implied in the title! Please clarify. 

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

I have absolutely no idea what happened here. The title of this thread says a deposit was returned. The OP talked about aNov 13th cruise. Was that a 11/23/21 cruise of which only a deposit would have been made? Or, had the OP made full payment on a 11/23/20 cruise and the entire amount was refunded to them in 10 days? If the latter, it wasn’t a deposit being refunded as implied in the title! Please clarify. 

maybe  the final payment was  due 60 days prior  as some cruises were  reducing the  final payment date 

I am just guessing of course 😎

4 hours ago, Petoonya said:

I cancelled my April 2021 cruise 4 days ago and see it's already been refunded. Classy.

Oh, Petoonya, I am so very sorry; I remember how much you have been trying to help your spouse go to a place he dreams of so much.  I hope and pray that you will be able to as soon as it is safe to do so. Hugs, Pam

• Like 1

I think the safest thing to do at this moment will be rebooking for a later 2021 or even 2022. I mean I wouldnt really risk going anywhere right now cause we are still not certain whether the vaccine that has been announced works. Moreover, its still is not being distributed all over the world so we still have a very high chance of getting sick.. and not making it