Sun Princess Cruises Cancelled

disneyochem

5 minutes ago, drsel said:

But I haven't received any cancellation email from either the travel agent or Princess cruise lines.

when I emailed the travel agent, she said that the FCC takes some time to be issued and once issued, then I can use it to transfer the funds to my other already booked Princess cruise.

I just want to know if I make the final payment on this CANCELLED Cruise will I get 125% FCC on the entire amount or only the deposit?

It’s odd that you haven’t received an email from Princess.  I received an email from my TA as well as Princess..

I called to ask specifically about FCC—we had booked two cabins on the Sun. One cabin was 3/4 paid for and the other one had only a deposit. Princess said we will receive 125% only on the amount of money we had put down. An $800 deposit will get us $1000 FCC on one cabin, $4000 partial payment on the other cabin will get us $5000 in FCC.

Don’t know if this helps but I would suggest you call Princess directly for an answer.  I kept getting different answers until I requested to speak directly to a supervisor.  I also asked her to email her response to me so I have it in writing.....  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drsel said:

But I haven't received any cancellation email from either the travel agent or Princess cruise lines.

when I emailed the travel agent, she said that the FCC takes some time to be issued and once issued, then I can use it to transfer the funds to my other already booked Princess cruise.

I just want to know if I make the final payment on this CANCELLED Cruise will I get 125% FCC on the entire amount or only the deposit?

Somehow or other I don't think that you're going to be able to pay for something that doesn't exist... the cruise is cancelled!  Whatever amount was paid on your cruise fare on the day that Princess announced they sold the Sea/Sun is the amount that you will get back as FCC.  You get the 25% loading offer only on cruise fare, not port fees or taxes, Ezi-air bookings, prepaid shore excursions, etc.   Anything other than cruise fare that you've paid for will be automatically refunded as a cash to your nominated account.    Patience is your friend here and since your FCC is not required to pay initial deposit on a new cruise, you really have no pressing requirements.   Keep speaking with your agent who is the best source of information for your particular circumstances. 

Somehow or other I don't think that you're going to be able to pay for something that doesn't exist... the cruise is cancelled!  Whatever amount was paid on your cruise fare on the day that Princess announced they sold the Sea/Sun is the amount that you will get back as FCC.  You get the 25% loading offer only on cruise fare, not port fees or taxes, Ezi-air bookings, prepaid shore excursions, etc.   Anything other than cruise fare that you've paid for will be automatically refunded as a cash to your nominated account.    Patience is your friend here and since your FCC is not required to pay initial deposit on a new cruise, you really have no pressing requirements.   Keep speaking with your agent who is the best source of information for your particular circumstances. 

For my just cancelled Royal Caribbean cruise, the agent booking receipt has a web link to make a part of the final payment or even the entire final payment.

So it is possible to pay off the balance amount even on a cancelled Cruise.

I guess the Cruise lines will accept whatever money they can get.

I am planning to pay the entire balance portion of the basic Cruise fare excluding port fees and taxes, in order to increase the FCC amount I will receive.