The Daily for Tuesday Sep 22, 2020

richwmn

2 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good afternoon, all!

I love the picture! We were supposed to go on safari from the 2020 GWV and see herds of wild elephants in April. But, the best laid plans of mice and men (and elephants), you know. Oh well, that’s something I still have to look forward too!

I feel your pain (literally).  I was on Queen Mary 2 and also got terminated in Fremantle, a week or two before you.  I was booked on an overland tour from Durban to Cape Town with a stop at a safari.  This photo was taken on a safari in 2008 as part of a Rovos Rail trip from Dar Es Salam to Cape Town.

Roy

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 😄 

Love that there is a day for Business Women and an appreciation of elephants.  They are such magnificent creatures.

I’ve been guilty of that Fifth rule on occasion 😉 

Yum on Walleye.  None here sadly but I do love that fish.

Well, we have battened down our hatches here as much as we could.

We are a bit lower risk now with the change in the track but when it changes to a tropical storm/cyclone it is going to be massive, even bigger than it is now and could well change.  It is a very far reaching storm - at sea right now and it’s effects are going to be felt 500 kms away.  This is their “best guess”

A8F5A49B-AA74-4AEF-ACD9-E034064E8D09.thumb.jpeg.aec536678592bee0ba0a9fca45b8f113.jpeg

8CC999A1-601B-4CE7-AA8A-3BEB8C75715C.thumb.jpeg.74dd99000b7f749721664d4a50f88ec4.jpeg

These dahlias are too heavy so we don’t think they can be picked up and they are just going to have to manage.

4609AB0F-BEBB-4596-B11D-D64513DA8812.thumb.jpeg.cd851d5d2f969426ce1ca81ce51e986d.jpeg

I hope this survives.  The frost hasn’t bothered it too much.

A241D01B-C164-4507-B6BF-8A5560042627.thumb.jpeg.4c95f8cea97148ada6766e70b4526f99.jpeg

Besides the pergola is just about full.

C115BCB2-7B8C-41EB-A796-DC189DD7217E.thumb.jpeg.2179042f9bbfbe306f3f273d3851c49a.jpeg

We put that dolly to good use 😉 

The dahlia planters are 3 deep along with a few larger planters that I didn’t want to give up.

E91D4BB3-602E-42D2-844E-66692AAD5C5D.thumb.jpeg.cf51cd3e4ebb5c7ef9f030a311f8961d.jpeg

Moved the chilies to a more protected spot.  They were covered last night with the frost warning and still are.  I’m not sure whether to take the covers off or leave them on.  The wind is going to hurt them but the rain is going to do damage if I leave the covers on.  <sigh>

64EBC813-B484-474E-B95D-9D56A004A58F.thumb.jpeg.3b3c5cd2bca5351fa519b3ba2bc303bf.jpeg

It will be what it will be.  Nova Scotia is going to get it a lot worse than we are if the forecasts hold true.

Prayers to everyone on Roy’s care list and a toast to everyone we are celebrating.

Have a great Tuesday everyone and stay safe wearing your masks.

Jacqui, I have been so awed by your beautiful garden. it shows just lovingly you care for it.

12 hours ago, kazu said:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Jacqui, I have been so awed by your beautiful garden. it shows just lovingly you care for it.

I guess you missed the weeds 😉   But thank you - I’m glad you have enjoyed it.  I’m hoping there will be something left by tomorrow.

It’s a mess out there.  the winds are higher than they had forecast and stupid me took Marley out front to try to get him to do “business”.  He hates rain and won’t go “outside” (out the back door).  I had no luck and was bringing him back when the wind gusted and bang my umbrella went, I went and Marley stood there to help me get up.  

I  won’t be going out there again tonight for sure.

I feel for Nova Scotia as this is nothing compared to what they will be getting.

9 minutes ago, kazu said:

I guess you missed the weeds 😉   But thank you - I’m glad you have enjoyed it.  I’m hoping there will be something left by tomorrow.

It’s a mess out there.  the winds are higher than they had forecast and stupid me took Marley out front to try to get him to do “business”.  He hates rain and won’t go “outside” (out the back door).  I had no luck and was bringing him back when the wind gusted and bang my umbrella went, I went and Marley stood there to help me get up.  

I feel for Nova Scotia as this is nothing compared to what they will be getting.

Oh goodness.. be careful!!

This has been a wacky tropical weather year.. okay, well let's face it, this year is a dumpster fire on wheels period!

• Like 1

Fatcat, best wishes for your husband.  I have had episodes of vertigo to the point I had to go to my "ER" (where I worked) a couple of times for IV meds to try to help control it.  Had the Epley  procedure a couple of times.  I still have some residual balance issues, which can be comical at times.  Try walking down the hallway and "weaving"  no not drunk just no balance! 

Tell him to give it time, it may take a bit to "settle down"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrabbyPatti said:

Fatcat, best wishes for your husband.  I have had episodes of vertigo to the point I had to go to my "ER" (where I worked) a couple of times for IV meds to try to help control it.  Had the Epley  procedure a couple of times.  I still have some residual balance issues, which can be comical at times.  Try walking down the hallway and "weaving"  no not drunk just no balance! 

Tell him to give it time, it may take a bit to "settle down"

Thank you. Yes, he has tried to explain it to me but I just know I have no idea what he is going through. It is quite hard to deal with. I'll let him know to give it time.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, kazu said:

Be careful. You don't need anymore broken bones.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Be careful. You don't need anymore broken bones.

It’s all good so far 😉  

I really miscalculated the winds last night badly.  They were much higher than what they were calling for.  Had I known, I wouldn’t have done it.  Famous last words right?  LOL