Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
firefly333

FAT Brands (FAT) acquires Johnny Rockets

Recommended Posts

Johnny Rockets being bought out by FAT, stock ticket symbol. I wonder if any changes to the Johny Rockets on RCL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Johnny Rockets being bought out by FAT, stock ticket symbol. I wonder if any changes to the Johny Rockets on RCL.

 

Who knows? Would people be offended if the venue became a SONIC in the future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They own the Fat Burger chain as well.  Fat Burger, Johnny Rockets = they both make you FAT so the name is very "a propos". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to the very first Johnny Rockets.They had a guy who looked like Little Richard taking orders wearing roller skates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jamie Oliver's declared bankruptcy in 2019 yet that did not affect Jamie's Italian on RCCL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Showme72 said:

 

Who knows? Would people be offended if the venue became a SONIC in the future?

It's all basically fast food.  Doesn't much matter which chain they have.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt that many people would care if the franchised name "Johnny Rockets" went away, as long as they could get their burgers, fries and onion rings.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I doubt that many people would care if the franchised name "Johnny Rockets" went away, as long as they could get their burgers, fries and onion rings.

 

And don’t forget those delicious shakes 👍🏻

Edited by watson50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to Johnny Rockets once many years ago . I dont typically eat burgers on a cruise.

Breakfast was ok , i think i have been there twice.

Dont think i would miss it at all .

I have read on these boards that Guys burgers on that other cruise line is better and free

all day long. Never been on Carnival  , so just going on what i read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, loman said:

Went to Johnny Rockets once many years ago . I dont typically eat burgers on a cruise.

Breakfast was ok , i think i have been there twice.

Dont think i would miss it at all .

I have read on these boards that Guys burgers on that other cruise line is better and free

all day long. Never been on Carnival  , so just going on what i read.

I've done both. Guys burgers are pretty darn good and has a side place with sauted onion and mushrooms I especially love. Tbh breakfast and the onion rings are my favorite at Johnny rockets, though I enjoyed the show they put on. Dont remember their burgers being as good or varied as guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Existing contracts between companies like Royal and JR are not usually immediately impacted with acquisitions or takeovers.  The acquiring company typically is still bound by any contracts they acquire.

 

Long term there could be implications.  The new "owners" might not like having their brand associated with cruise ships, not that there is a lot of exposure while ships are dormant.  It could also depend what they intend to do with the JR brand.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I doubt that many people would care if the franchised name "Johnny Rockets" went away, as long as they could get their burgers, fries and onion rings.

 

...and a Shake!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I've done both. Guys burgers are pretty darn good and has a side place with sauted onion and mushrooms I especially love. Tbh breakfast and the onion rings are my favorite at Johnny rockets, though I enjoyed the show they put on. Dont remember their burgers being as good or varied as guys. 

Same here.  Guy's Burgers was head and shoulders above Johnny Rockets.

 

We did JRs once for breakfast.  Never again.  Think about a totally unhealthy breakfast that wasn't very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yogimax said:

Same here.  Guy's Burgers was head and shoulders above Johnny Rockets.

 

We did JRs once for breakfast.  Never again.  Think about a totally unhealthy breakfast that wasn't very good.

Was a Novelty to me. Ate there for Dinner on a Formal nite in Feb2000 on the then brand new Voyager. Cost then was $5 a head, at time they didnt do Breakfast yet. Chops was $20, start of Pay Restaurant and many extras in Cruise and Airline Industry. Fly Allegiant 8-10 times a yr. Ticket Base price $68, Taxes $15, reserved Exit Row Window seat $28. Though worth it, with CV been having the Row to myself...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I doubt that many people would care if the franchised name "Johnny Rockets" went away, as long as they could get their burgers, fries and onion rings.

 

and don't forget their yummy milkshakes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Showme72 said:

 

Who knows? Would people be offended if the venue became a SONIC in the future?

 

I love Sonic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yogimax said:

Same here.  Guy's Burgers was head and shoulders above Johnny Rockets.

 

We did JRs once for breakfast.  Never again.  Think about a totally unhealthy breakfast that wasn't very good.

 

JR for breakfast on the Boardwalk is pure awesomeness.  Get the hash browns with everything. And ad a fried egg on top.👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

JR for breakfast on the Boardwalk is pure awesomeness.

Agree. I am a fan of the French Toast. But just the outside breakfast on Harmony made it an enjoyable experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

JR for breakfast on the Boardwalk is pure awesomeness.  Get the hash browns with everything. And ad a fried egg on top.👍

I love the hash browns but being Irish I love potatoes.

 

Sonic we eat sometimes. They need to toast their hamburger buns then I'd like them better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Agree. I am a fan of the French Toast. But just the outside breakfast on Harmony made it an enjoyable experience. 

 

I actually order it with half the potatoes and twice the topping as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

 

JR for breakfast on the Boardwalk is pure awesomeness.  Get the hash browns with everything. And ad a fried egg on top.👍

Sounds healthy to me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Sounds healthy to me?

 

All the basic food groups. 🤔

 

Healthy to me😇

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...