LA to Alaska Back On!

bubbapuck

49 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

DIAMOND: Princess recently just cancelled some longer Japan cruises in July 2021, and replaces with some shorter cruises which are still in Japan. Passengers are just informed last week. I don't think Princess will change their decision again just after one week.  Agree - Diamond not likely to change again unless they completely pull out of Japan for 2021

CROWN: There should be some 4/5/7 night short cruises from Los Angeles throughout summer 2021. Those are mainly Mexican Riviera cruises. Princess already has the itineraries but have not yet announced. Perhaps Princess may combine some shorter cruises of Crown to become the longer 14-night Alaska cruise.  Agree - Crown will most likely replace some of the shorter 4/57 day Mexico/Coastal cruises that were planned (but not yet announced) with the two 14 day Alaska sailings.

STAR: I guess Star is the most possible ship, since her original 7-night Vancouver/Whittier cruises are all replaced by Grand as announced a few weeks ago. Now Star does not have any cruises from May to September 2021 (she will be transferred to P&O Cruises Australia after September 2021). Hence Star is available for taking over any new cruises. Star is most likely to remain in Cold Layup until they are ready to drydock her and have her enter service for P&O Australia.  She is not likely to return to service under the Princess Banner.  This helps further reduce capacity for 2021 beyond the sale of Sun & Sea.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, bubbapuck said:

I agree Arlene. I really wanted an indoor pool when going to Alaska in case it was cold. I have heard that indoor pools may be shut down as a part of COVID precautions. Not sure but it would nice to have the indoor option on cooler days. 

I'm with you bubbapuck. Just to sit in the area of the covered pool would be OK with me. I've been to Alaska many times and I've had rainy, cold weather in July. Where in Southern CA are you from. We are from West LA.

Arlene

2 minutes ago, moodyb1 said:

I'm with you bubbapuck. Just to sit in the area of the covered pool would be OK with me. I've been to Alaska many times and I've had rainy, cold weather in July. Where in Southern CA are you from. We are from West LA.

Arlene

My wife and I have been on one cruise and loved lounging around the pool on sea days. Would be nice to know that I can on rainy Alaska days. 

I don’t think people who havenever been to So Cal realize how big it really is. I live in Fontana.  I am probably closer to Vegas than I am to you! 🙂

19 hours ago, bubbapuck said:

I just got an email from Princess saying I can use my FCC from my cancelled Sun sailing for one of two cruises going from LA to Alaska in 7/3/21 or 7/17/21. I was originally scheduled for 7/17 so my plans are back on!

we are also going to keep this cruise

• Like 1

5 hours ago, echoshipmate said:

Why gas no one mentioned Royal as a possibility. She has sailed LA to Alaska last summer, 10 days if I remember correctly.

If it was 10 days, it may have been out of San Francisco.  The shortest I've seen from LA is 12 days.  (Golden a couple of years ago) 

• Like 1

My PVP called me today. He was on avacation last week so this was the first time I had talked to him since the new cruise itinierary was announced.

I asked himif he knew what the ship was. He said he believed he had saw in one of his emails (was catching up from vacation) that it was going to be on the Crown. This seems to be in line with what alot of people have been thinking.

Just wanted to update all of the La to Alaska people on this.

52 minutes ago, bubbapuck said:

My PVP called me today. He was on avacation last week so this was the first time I had talked to him since the new cruise itinierary was announced.

I asked himif he knew what the ship was. He said he believed he had saw in one of his emails (was catching up from vacation) that it was going to be on the Crown. This seems to be in line with what alot of people have been thinking.

Just wanted to update all of the La to Alaska people on this.

Is your PVP Larry?

6 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

I just checked the cruise ship calendar for San Pedro and it shows the Crown going out on 7/3/21 thru 7/14/21 and then 7/17/20 thru 7/31/21.  So most likely those would be the dates for the Alaska round trip from LA itineraries.

Thanks! there are two announced for LA to Alaska. One on the 3rd and one in the 17th. Both are for 14 days. 

can I have the link to the port schedule. Was trying to find the other day with no success 

If you were booked on the Sun 7/3/21 and haven’t joined the roll call, it’s there. 🙂 

I’ve been booked on this cruise for quite a while and was disappointed to learn it’s been canceled. 

For those of you who have been on these boards a while, “Wizard-of-Roz” and her dog Horton were booked on this cruise. Her sister-in-law just posted on the roll call that Roz passed away last week. I’ve sailed with her quite a few times over the years and was so sad to hear this. RIP. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bubbapuck said:

My PVP called me today...Just wanted to update all of the La to Alaska people on this.

Thanks bubbapuck. The information I posted about the San Pedro port schedule was from a CC Post, different thread.  Question: When your PVP rebooks you for the substitute sailing, will your previous deposit and FCC cover your new booking deposit? I was told I would have to come up with more deposit money. Our FCD became FCC. It would be great if there is a dispensation for those of us on the Sun's cancelled sailings, transferring to a replacement booking. All works out the same dollar wise. Not complaining, just curious.

Edited by mtnesterz

2 hours ago, Pam in CA said:

If you were booked on the Sun 7/3/21 and haven’t joined the roll call, it’s there. 🙂 

I’ve been booked on this cruise for quite a while and was disappointed to learn it’s been canceled. 

For those of you who have been on these boards a while, “Wizard-of-Roz” and her dog Horton were booked on this cruise. Her sister-in-law just posted on the roll call that Roz passed away last week. I’ve sailed with her quite a few times over the years and was so sad to hear this. RIP. 

Very sad to hear about Roz. I didn’t know her as I am fairly new to cruising but I wish all her family and friends condolences. 

I was on the 7/17 cruise. I was on the roll call for The 7/17 In the Sun. I am not sure if a new one will be created for the new Crown cruises or they will just take over the old Sun roll call threads?

1 hour ago, mtnesterz said:

Thanks bubbapuck. The information I posted about the San Pedro port schedule was from a CC Post, different thread.  Question: When your PVP rebooks you for the substitute sailing, will your previous deposit and FCC cover your new booking deposit? I was told I would have to come up with more deposit money. Our FCD became FCC. It would be great if there is a dispensation for those of us on the Sun's cancelled sailings, transferring to a replacement booking. All works out the same dollar wise. Not complaining, just curious.

I honestly am not 100% sure. When the Sun cruise was cancelled, they said it would take several weeks for the money I had paid to be converted to a FCC. My PVP put a hold on a cabin I wanted on a Vancouver cruise to Alaska until my Sun trip converted to FCC. This week, my PVP and I talked about the LA cruise. When it goes on sale 10/7, he will again put a hold on the cabin I want and move my FCC to that cruise when it comes. I had paid $4400 of my cruise so with the extra 25%, I should be able to pay for the cruise sailing. I will only need to come up the port fees and taxes on final payment day. 

14 minutes ago, bubbapuck said:

I was on the 7/17 cruise. I was on the roll call for The 7/17 In the Sun. I am not sure if a new one will be created for the new Crown cruises or they will just take over the old Sun roll call threads?

Can always ask to have the thread title changed and moved. 

Someone on one of the Sun Princess Roll Calls discovered from the San Pedro cruise site that the Crown Princess is scheduled to sail on 7-3 and 7-17 for 14 day cruises.  I think that confirms the speculation about which ship it will be  

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Pam in CA said:

Received notification this morning from my TA that it’s the Crown. She sent me the itineraries and pricing. 

I am not sure if it is allowed but can you post the itinieraries and possibly the pricing so I get an idea of what it will cost me. If not, I udnerstand completely. Just curious and want to see if the intinerary is the exact same as what I had for my 7/17 Sun trip.