Royal Redirecting 5 Ships...Is Celebrity Next?

RICCruisers

5 Royal Caribbean cruise ships in Europe and the Caribbean will be rerouted for summer 2021.

This article sounds like it is valid even though Royal has not confirmed it.  It is definitely in line with what we have been hearing from all cruise line management on how cruising will be starting up.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/royal-caribbean-cruise-ships-redeployed-summer-2021

24 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

5 Royal Caribbean cruise ships in Europe and the Caribbean will be rerouted for summer 2021.

This article sounds like it is valid even though Royal has not confirmed it.  It is definitely in line with what we have been hearing from all cruise line management on how cruising will be starting up.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/royal-caribbean-cruise-ships-redeployed-summer-2021

Royal is changing the schedule for 2021.  Makes sense as they have sold several ships.  Reading about the changes on the Royal board makes it sound like musical chairs.

I would guess lots of changes for ALL itineraries for summer of 2021.

Wonder if this suggests lots more cancellations coming for winter and spring?

I was hoping for Celebrity to make some announcements prior to Sept 30 when their Cruise With Confidence program expires.   I also hope they extend the program including Lift & Shift before it expires.   I'd hate to be "forced" to L&S my sailing by Wednesday only to find it's being extended later next week.  My final payment is not for a few months and I'd like to see how things progress before giving up on the sailing.

• Like 3

This isn’t surprising.  I don’t think both the Millennium and Eclipse will go to Asia (Guessing neither) and return in late April.  I think it is likely they will stay idle until the Alaska season starts.  I also wouldn’t surprised If both the Constellation and Infinity stay in their current location and same for the Solstice.  
With the expected situation at start up, short cruises limited ports and space,  my prediction would be that the Edge & Apex are the first to start followed by the Summit, Equinox and maybe the Reflection.  
I hope I’m wrong as we have 2 cruises booked on the Infinity  & 2 on the Eclipse between now and the end of April.

We should have boarded the Eclipse today for a 45 night B2B2B 😢 

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Royal is changing the schedule for 2021.  Makes sense as they have sold several ships.  Reading about the changes on the Royal board makes it sound like musical chairs.

I would guess lots of changes for ALL itineraries for summer of 2021.

Wonder if this suggests lots more cancellations coming for winter and spring?

Which ships has Royal Caribbean sold? I believe none so far (beside the Pullmantur ships that have no impact on the Royal ship schedule).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jelayne said:

This isn’t surprising.  I don’t think both the Millennium and Eclipse will go to Asia (Guessing neither) and return in late April.  I think it is likely they will stay idle until the Alaska season starts.  I also wouldn’t surprised If both the Constellation and Infinity stay in their current location and same for the Solstice.  
With the expected situation at start up, short cruises limited ports and space,  my prediction would be that the Edge & Apex are the first to start followed by the Summit, Equinox and maybe the Reflection.  
I hope I’m wrong as we have 2 cruises booked on the Infinity  & 2 on the Eclipse between now and the end of April.

We should have boarded the Eclipse today for a 45 night B2B2B 😢 

We are on the Transpacific in April (Japan to Vancouver) on the Millennium...this is what I am thinking will happen too.  I am guessing the Millennium will do coastals (or Mexico) instead before heading to Vancouver in May.   We have had this cruise booked since May 2019 and got such a great deal...oh well...such is life.  

Even if you have a cruise booked after service resumes, to whatever degree, there is no guarantee you will be on the ship or itinerary you originally booked. I think chances are greater than not that most everyone will experience some sort of adjustment even into the 2022 season.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

It's confirmed, we received a cancellation email yesterday.  Jewel of the Seas October 2021.  

It was 12 nights.  Only thing somewhat comparable (Med) is 9 nights.  But we're not sending any cruise line any money for anything for a while.   The letter say's we'll get our deposit back in 45 days.  We shall see.

Edited by bouhunter

1 hour ago, hcat said:

We lifted and shifted  from Connie /Tampa 2021,  to Reflection/ Port  Everglades for 2022...nice itin, nice suite.( first time!)

If they change us..hope they honor the price and perks and  our FCC..

Some of the Royal cruises were "changed" to other ships.  Others like ours were flat out cancelled.  FYI this was an October 2020 cruise that we had Lifted&Shifted to October 2021.  As more cruises are changed/cancelled going forward there's no way to know how each one will be handled.

Edited by bouhunter

4 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Which ships has Royal Caribbean sold? I believe none so far (beside the Pullmantur ships that have no impact on the Royal ship schedule).

This ^^^^ I don't know of any that have been "sold".

3 hours ago, gw2fll said:

Perhaps I am interpreting the announcements incorrectly, but it appears several of the sailings are switching to 4 / 5 nights from 7+ nights. Could be wrong, but impression I am getting.

I would expect those types of changes to all ships, including Celebrity, at least for the early cruises.  Doubt any will be longer than 4 or 5 nights initially.

1 hour ago, Mr&MrsTop-Ret. said:

Our 12 night Baltic for Jun on Jewel was cancelled. Thankfully, I found a nearly identical itinerary with Celebrity. All plans/arrangements had already been made, so all I have to do is shift dates. 

I hope that your cruise sails, the Baltic is a great cruise.

We have Feb B2B 5 & 7 nights but doubt we will be allowed to do both (assuming they actual sail) another B2B in April of 14 & 15 nights- no chance they will go.  The longer the cruise in 2021 the greater the likelihood it won’t happen, IMO.  

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

I hope that your cruise sails, the Baltic is a great cruise.

We have Feb B2B 5 & 7 nights but doubt we will be allowed to do both (assuming they actual sail) another B2B in April of 14 & 15 nights- no chance they will go.  The longer the cruise in 2021 the greater the likelihood it won’t happen, IMO.  

Agree.  Also the smaller the port the less likely it will open to cruises.  Have a TA via Greenland and Iceland in August.  Doubt it will go as scheduled.   We will see.  

On 9/26/2020 at 12:33 AM, paulh84 said:

Even if you have a cruise booked after service resumes, to whatever degree, there is no guarantee you will be on the ship or itinerary you originally booked. I think chances are greater than not that most everyone will experience some sort of adjustment even into the 2022 season.

Our "new cruising" process involves not making definitive plans for a cruise until 2nd quarter of '21 ... as you say, why put in the planning time effort on specifics when "chances are greater than not that most everyone will experience some sort of an adjustment ..." ... these adjustments can be very time consuming and frustrating ... we are going to shift to a much shorter planning process to try and insure a higher chance of the plan working out ... good luck to all!

Edited by GlobalMethod
typo