Suggestions for new version of My Viking Journey

dwlmg

Looking for the best method to suggest a change to the new version of My Viking Journey.  I would like to suggest there be an option under my account to see/download the most recent invoice applicable to the cruise.  I am particularly interested in cruise payment history and due date for final payment.  Seems like this should be there under my account but it is not.

1 hour ago, Islandbc said:

Does this continue to show up on MVJ after turning the booking over to a travel agent?

Also, you should be able to get an invoice ( where you can see the final due date as it is not shown on the Payment page - which is odd) when you click on the menu and go to My Account.  If you created the MVJ with your email, it should go to you.  If not, your TA is able to get it for you.  

Interesting idea, OP but why isn't your TA or Viking agent sending you an updated Viking invoice each and every time there is a change made? Why should we have to chasing it down when it should be the agent's job to make sure we always have the most up-to-date copy of our invoice? IMHO, it is part of what they are being paid to do.

This is what I see under Payments and Cart:

image.thumb.png.f19c57a83d36dd03499b291f9d6f2a0c.png

Under Payment Methods, I see a listing of the OBC that I can use for paying for shorex, etc, and other payment methods.

Under Onboard Credit card, I see the form to fill out if you want to register in advance the credit card you are going to use on board. Personally, I do not see the point in having the information stored here; I think it is a security/privacy nightmare and the fewer places my CC info is stored, the happier I am. It takes less time at check-in to hand them a credit card than it does to fill out the form on MVJ.

What I do not see is a payment history that includes payment not made via MVJ. I don't see my deposit payment listed. I don't see a list of the vouchers that are being applied to the cruise price. If it is actually there, it could be because of the browser I use and the blockers I run.

4 hours ago, dwlmg said:

I would like to suggest there be an option under my account to see/download the most recent invoice applicable to the cruise.

Again as a privacy thing, I want it e-mailed to me each time I make a change or a payment. It is okay to have it available on MVJ but this is the kind of information that I want under my control,  just in case something goes wrong with MVJ. My TA is pretty good about e-mailing it to me every time we update something. I also keep copies of the booking terms and conditions and the Terms of Carriage that were in effect at the time of booking the cruise, especially now. Never know when it will come in handy.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Interesting idea, OP but why isn't your TA or Viking agent sending you an updated Viking invoice each and every time there is a change made? Why should we have to chasing it down when it should be the agent's job to make sure we always have the most up-to-date copy of our invoice? IMHO, it is part of what they are being paid to do.

Under Payment Methods, I see a listing of the OBC that I can use for paying for shorex, etc, and other payment methods.

Under Onboard Credit card, I see the form to fill out if you want to register in advance the credit card you are going to use on board. Personally, I do not see the point in having the information stored here; I think it is a security/privacy nightmare and the fewer places my CC info is stored, the happier I am. It takes less time at check-in to hand them a credit card than it does to fill out the form on MVJ.

What I do not see is a payment history that includes payment not made via MVJ. I don't see my deposit payment listed. I don't see a list of the vouchers that are being applied to the cruise price. If it is actually there, it could be because of the browser I use and the blockers I run.

Again as a privacy thing, I want it e-mailed to me each time I make a change or a payment. It is okay to have it available on MVJ but this is the kind of information that I want under my control,  just in case something goes wrong with MVJ. My TA is pretty good about e-mailing it to me every time we update something. I also keep copies of the booking terms and conditions and the Terms of Carriage that were in effect at the time of booking the cruise, especially now. Never know when it will come in handy.

I do receive updated statements from my TA whenever payments or other changes are made. I don't see any payments or OBC  on MVJ. The dates for booking excursions and specialty dining on MVJ are not updated to match the most recent statement. Hopefully updating will happen fairly soon.

14 hours ago, Squawkman said:

That info is available in MVJ on the home page - click on the “Payments and Cart” box.

I do not see my payments for air fare and cruise booking here.  I am also looking for final payment due date which is not there either.

10 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

The My Viking Journey site accepts credit card and echeck information.  I would be very surprised and disturbed if that capability would not be applied and sufficient to protect an invoice.

3 hours ago, dwlmg said:

The My Viking Journey site accepts credit card and echeck information.  I would be very surprised and disturbed if that capability would not be applied and sufficient to protect an invoice.

If information can be stolen from banks and credit bureaus, how much safer are cruise line websites? Sorry, but I am not a very trusting person when it comes to information, computers and the internet.

• Thanks 1