The Daily for Saturday Sep 26, 2020

richwmn

3 minutes ago, VintageGeo said:

Good afternoon. We have been enjoying our "Daily" dose, and would like to thank everyone for their contributions of information, beautiful pictures, and good will. 

A couple of memories from our Canada/New England cruise on Vision OTS:

Sunset as we sailed out from Corner Brook

100_7666.thumb.JPG.1ab24fd1a1c4182fe607bb32c070310a.JPG

And the final sunrise as we pulled into Cape Liberty in Newark

101_0587.thumb.JPG.776c4b838ab0dc2298aa42be2638dad4.JPG

101_0588.thumb.JPG.8c406c153bb7be0755371dd446c9bbd5.JPG

Thanks again to all who share their knowledge and memories. May we all be making new cruise memories very soon. Have a safe, enjoyable evening.

Lori & George

You just made me homesick for Newfoundland.

Roy

You

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, VintageGeo said:

We so enjoyed the parts of Newfoundland that we saw, and hope to someday return. It was beautiful in the fall.

I was supposed to be there twice this month, first on Crystal Serenity (Barcelona to Quebec) and then Zuiderdam (Quebec to New York).

Roy

• Like 4

Good afternoon all!  Great photos today!!  Rich we'll raise a glass to you tonight in honor of Singles Day and to seeing you again in April.  Fingers crossed for that cruise.

I got out to Flower World (my version of Disney World) and bought my spring bulbs.  Now to wait for the rain to end so I can plant them 😉  

Here's a photo from our cruise last Sept. on the Nieuw Statendam.  BEST cabin stewards ever, I cried when we said goodbye and left to board the Koningsdam.  They were always doing special things for us.  We got 3 (!!!) anniversary cakes that cruise so gave them one of them -- I told them they would burn off those calories much faster than we could.  😄

towel animal.jpg

• Like 12

Thanks to all for “fall color”  sunrises/sunsets, and gorgeous flowers.  Am sure we will not see so many colorful pictures in a couple of months.  😀

The talk of mai tais makes me long for one in Hawaii.  (On Waikiki Beach at the Hale Koa hotel—and garnished with an orchid!). Don’t think I will be able to make my annual January trip, because Hawaii keeps changing their rules, and I can’t get a 72-hour result with trusting before I go.)

Wishing happy thoughts for those celebrating, and prayers for all on care list and anyone else needing prayers.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good afternoon all!

The smoke and remaining “ick” has cleared. We just had a nice group ride, and we saw 2 of @SeaSickSailor’s Tommies. 😧😳One was crossing the trail and my tire just missed him. 

Joy, did you hear the scream?

Tioga, I was making dinner when I heard a wale that sounded like it was you! Wondered what in the world happened to you! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Evening check in! Thanks for all the pictures. I was driving today, and thought that we are at about 5% change in colour so far. And now the temperatures are warm again, so there shouldn't be much change now until the end of the week. 2 year old yesterday, 4 year old this evening, all excited for her baptism tomorrow. She had it in her mind that the priest would spray her with water (I think she was picturing the garden hose 😄) so I reassured her that, no it would be just a little sprinkle. She's good with Uncle Paul making sure it doesn't go in her eyes. And ready for the cookies I bought so she can pass them out to those who are there, and who can't be there. No big celebration, but definitely a lot of love.

Be well, everyone. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear your masks!

• Like 11