Vancouver California cruises?...

cruisefan2012

We are entering a twindemic with flu season starting  Oct  - Feb and don't even know if cruising will even begin so how can anyone predict 2022. They are selling ships, scrapping ships, redeploying ships, changing itineraries and trying to stay afloat (pun intended).

Just check the Princess site continually because nobody knows.

Edited by cruzsnooze
  • Thanks 1

Cruises are only listed to May 2022 so it might be a while. Flu won't affect scheduling. Current musical ships (IMHO) avoids questionable ports (covid or that governments restrictions) while CCL is selling less profitable ships: 

The 18 ships to be sold account for roughly 12% of Carnival's fleet and 3% of its 2019 operating income, according to the filing. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/carnival-selling-18-ships-amid-billions-losses-no-sail-order-2020-9

Edited by Ombud

4 hours ago, cruisefan2012 said:

Does anybody know when Princess Cruises will release itineraries from Vancouver to California in Summer 2022

I know somebody on here will know

Thank you

Cruisefan2012 

I know they went on sale for 2021 in early December of 2019. That would be around the time in a normal world. As everyone said, with the chaos still going on with the 2021 schedule, it will probably be delayed. 

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

The 18 ships to be sold account for roughly 12% of Carnival's fleet and 3% of its 2019 operating income, according to the filing. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/carnival-selling-18-ships-amid-billions-losses-no-sail-order-2020-9

At the start of 2020, CCL Corp had 104 ships. 18 being sold would be 17.3% of the fleet.

For information these cruises have been historically at the end of the Alaska season, September. They are reposition cruises, 4, 5 and 7 day to L.A., 1 night to Seattle and 3 nights to S.F.  Historically these one off voyages are released around 18 months in advance of the start of the Alaska season. That would make the release December 2020. But, who knows this year? The release could be delayed as the line shuffles ships and itineraries. Don't know what you are planning. For further information you are not permitted to board a southbound Alaska cruise and continue on to a U.S. port on the same ship.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, caribill said:

At the start of 2020, CCL Corp had 104 ships. 18 being sold would be 17.3% of the fleet.

Each ship has different capacity, operating costs and revenues ... so, the percentages will account for more than the numbrt of ships

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pms4104 said:

Each ship has different capacity, operating costs and revenues ... so, the percentages will account for more than the numbrt of ships

Agree, but the statement said percent of fleet which is number of ships.

It did not say percent of capacity or costs.

22 hours ago, cruisefan2012 said:

Does anybody know when Princess Cruises will release itineraries from Vancouver to California in Summer 2022

I know somebody on here will know

Thank you

Cruisefan2012 

I am booked on Royal 7 day sf to sf which stops in Vancouver. 4/21/21. Also stops in Victoria. Who knows if it will sail. 

On 9/27/2020 at 12:27 PM, skynight said:

For information these cruises have been historically at the end of the Alaska season, September. They are reposition cruises, 4, 5 and 7 day to L.A., 1 night to Seattle and 3 nights to S.F.  Historically these one off voyages are released around 18 months in advance of the start of the Alaska season. That would make the release December 2020. But, who knows this year? The release could be delayed as the line shuffles ships and itineraries. Don't know what you are planning. For further information you are not permitted to board a southbound Alaska cruise and continue on to a U.S. port on the same ship.  

I would love to see Los Angeles, San Francisco.... Not AS bothered about the other ports that usually feature on a West Coast cruise 

I sailed Star Princess to Alaska in May 2018 and before my cruise Star sailed a 15 night Hawaii and then a 10 night California cruise, I would love to have done all 3 cruises If I had won the lottery !! 32 Nights and 3 States !! - I live in the Middle of England and would love to see the WORLD with Princess Cruises 

May 1 there is Seattle - Astoria - San Francisco - Monterey, with a stop in Victoria to satisfy the out-of-US requirement.

Stay in the tourist areas in SF or do an excursion.  Otherwise, check the poop map before wandering: https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/human-wasteland-map-plots-all-of-san-franciscos-poop