Who has lifted and shifted or plan on it?

miched

Have a few cruises booked and the lifting and shifting is of any benefit  because it would ninterfere or coincide with other cruises that we have booked.   There is no price or perk advantage.  

With the dead line coming up for the L and S  I am thinking of just canceling if the cruising situation doesn’t look very good before the final payment  and not giving anymore money to X  to get 125% future cruise credit.  They still owe me money from a cruise that we were on in March that was canceled 3 days into it.  

I am sure that there are many others in the same situation.  

The L and L is no advantage to us because future cruises already booked.

Does it work for you?  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

3 minutes ago, miched said:

Have a few cruises booked and am not really interested in lifting and shifting because it would ninterfere or coincide with other cruises that we have booked.   There is no price or perk advantage.  

With the dead line coming up for the L and S  I am thinking of just canceling if the cruising situation doesn’t look very good before the final payment  and not giving anymore money to X  to get 125% future cruise credit.  They still owe me money from a cruise that we were on in March that was canceled 3 days into it.  

I am sure that there are many others in the same situation.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I have 3 days to decide for my Jan 30, 2021 cruise, leaning towards doing L&S but will wait until then.  Sept 30 is when CDC is supposed to come out with their either go or no go extend announcement.

We are supposed to go to Australia and New Zealand mid January 2021. The doors are still closed to the countries. Quantas isn’t even flying until March or April. We have the NRD , because we had no concern about this or any cruise not being able to do.

i think Celebrity will put us in the position where we will loose our $900 deposit as final payment is due mid October, and they will no doubt cancel after that date. It just is wrong of them to not cancel when you cannot even get there. 

‘’Celebrity is not my cruise line of choice and at this point we do not plan on giving them any more money. I cannot even get excited about cruising with them again. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, alwaysonaship said:

We are supposed to go to Australia and New Zealand mid January 2021. The doors are still closed to the countries. Quantas isn’t even flying until March or April. We have the NRD , because we had no concern about this or any cruise not being able to do.

i think Celebrity will put us in the position where we will loose our $900 deposit as final payment is due mid October, and they will no doubt cancel after that date. It just is wrong of them to not cancel when you cannot even get there. 

‘’Celebrity is not my cruise line of choice and at this point we do not plan on giving them any more money. I cannot even get excited about cruising with them again. 

Why would you loose your deposit?  You can cancel u def CWC and get a FCC for your entire $900deposit or L & S to 2022.  

Edited by jelayne
Typo

1 minute ago, phoenix_dream said:

We have lifted and shifted three cruises so far - no issues.  Hoping by later next year we'll be a go!!

I've done one, was pretty easy.  Considering one for Jan 2021 as well, waiting until 9/30 to decide

We did a L & S of a 2/21 Caribbean to 2/22 the price for the 2/21 was a few K less than the 2021 so we are pleased.  
I do wish the fall 2022 TA were out so we could L & S our 10/21 TA.

Edited by jelayne

I've used the Lift & Shift for three cruises; two that have actually cancelled, and one that I expect will be.  In each case the price I had was considerably lower than the one year out cruise I moved to; so it was a very beneficial program for me.  The process was simple enough.  Considering the Lift & Shift is completely above and beyond what Celebrity has to do, I think it's great. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Why would you loose your deposit?  You can cancel u def CWC and get a FCC for your entire $900deposit or L & S to 2022.  

So if we cancel, and don’t lift and shift we still get a FCC for the $900? I had so many trips planned, and our last one in January was Crystal. It was so awful, we got off the ship in Cabo and stayed there for a few days and came home. So from what you are saying  would have have to book another cruise with them. Is there a time frame? The thought of a cruise until there is a vaccine just isn’t in the cards. It was my understanding you had to go on the same cruise? 

Edited by alwaysonaship

We did 1 Lift and Shift around 1 of the cruises we had originally scheduled for 2020. The other 2 cruises could not accommodate a Lift and Shift because our stateroom was not available for any of the alternatives. We did an outright cancellation on both of those.

We have 3 cruises booked for 2021 and if Lift and Shift is available for any or all of these bookings, we will be taking a pass and doing outright cancellations before final payment. We are open to re-evaluation if and when cruising returns in a fashion that is comfortable for us.

• Like 1

Alwaysonaship

In July we cancelled a cruise that is scheduled for April 2021.  We had a NRD and received a FCC for $900.  It must be applied to a cruise booked by 12/31/21 and the cruise must sail by 5/4/22.  

Edited by jelayne

3 minutes ago, Schmoe38 said:

We did 1 Lift and Shift around 1 of the cruises we had originally scheduled for 2020. The other 2 cruises could not accommodate a Lift and Shift because our stateroom was not available for any of the alternatives. We did an outright cancellation on both of those.

We have 3 cruises booked for 2021 and if Lift and Shift is available for any or all of these bookings, we will be taking a pass and doing outright cancellations before final payment. We are open to re-evaluation if and when cruising returns in a fashion that is comfortable for us.

When I looked at lift and shift there were only two offers. One was the cruise we are booked in, and another one out of Sydney we have already been there several times. We liked the New Zealand trip because most of the cruise was in New Zealand. However due to some medical issues we just cannot travel that far. My kidneys are failing and I just don’t know where I will be in a year. It is just a mess.

38 minutes ago, alwaysonaship said:

We all have to go with how we feel best for ourselves of course.  It does sound a bit unreasonable to me though.  I feel that Celebrity has really handled such uncertain times, keeping in mond their business needs of course, our comfort in booking, hence the lift and ***** and CWC plan, to cancel within 48 hours of cruise date.

3 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

FCC is not cash.

Correct.  But the terms those of us who booked with a NRD agreed to was to lose $200 and get a $700 FCC if we cancelled.  So getting a $900 FCC is a better deal.  
Of course there is the option to make final payment, wait for the cruise to get cancelled and then get all the money as refund.  

• Like 1

When does lift and shift end?  We took the opportunity for our Sept 2020 to Alaska and are now going next year.  I assume that will be safe BUT we have a May 2021 to Norway.  I have been thinking of lifting and shifting that one too but there are NO cruises to Norway 2022!  Kind of hard to L and S if there is nothing available.  I don't want to do FCC because prices are so much higher in general that it isn't worth it. I obviously have until Feb to cancel altogether but I am not 65 yet, have no underlying and retired.  I will be last on the vaccine list so who knows when THAT will happen.

M

We did a L&S on 3 Celebrity cruises and One Royal cruise. All the Original Celebrity cruises were booked onboard and we had quite a bit of onboard credit. It was worth it to keep all our perks. Also the prices for the new cruises are quite a bit higher than what we booked our original cruise. So,definitely worth it. Our next cruise isn’t until September 2021.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

1 hour ago, ToroAzul said:

Will likely simply cancel if family and I have to wear a mask in February on Apex.

APEX is not likely to cruise in February. If it does it will likely be a completely different itinerary.  I agree with you. 

In March we made final payment for a cruise we knew would be cancelled.  These are unprecedented times.  Obviously everyone needs to make a choice that works for them.

14 minutes ago, mimbecky said:

So confused.  I was told you could only lift and shift to same itinerary. 

No.  Needs to be same number of days and type of ship.  Was supposed to be same or similar itinerary but many exceptions have been reported on Cruise Critic.

Suggest you ask via either Celebrity or your TA.