Facts Only Please

locksley10

5 hours ago, locksley10 said:

How many people left the U.S. on a 7 day or less cruise and contracted covid on the cruise ships pre shutdown?

How many Died?

Data source please.

Over 500,000 thousand people cruised per week in 2019. First 3 months of 2020 new records were being set. How many people did NOT contract Covid 19 and did not die.  I will guess the number in under 100th of a percent. World wide contraction is at 0.03%  Facts go either way. 

Some need to get real. Some are so niave to think that science can not be an arm of a political party or paid for a particular point of view. Research paid for & financed by individuals and groups. Thousands upon thousands of scientists world wide are attempting to find a vaccine. Yet to think that the Director of the CDC thinks his words are powerful enough to tell us that in 8 to 12 weeks the pandemic can end with wearing masks.  I'm embarassed for some & feel sorry for others. BTW, this is the guy that will also tell us all when & if we can go on a cruise again. 

With that.. I'm out. 

everything.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Craziest part of our second wave is we still have all the mask use and social distancing precautions still in place yet our numbers are still climbing and climbing. During the summer I was starting to believe this whole thing would be over by Canadian Thanksgiving (October 11) but boy was I wrong. 

They seem to be forgetting that we're not dealing with corners but rather a circle.......

Your are too honest! You admit you are wrong.

Too bad our officials in the USA can not admit they were wrong from day 1. Instead, they keep telling lies and the worst part is our people believe the lies.

It will be over:

1. When warm weather gets here.

2. Easter

3. Memorial day

4. 4th of July

5. Labor day

6. Just around the Corner 

7.pick a date 

Let's get real.

It is getting worse!

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Bars and restaurants. No testing, no masks. There is growing evidence that a combination of testing, masks, and cleaning is effective.

I do. It seems to be working in controlled environments where masks are mandatory - colleges and universities are doing better than expected so far.

Good point and correct. Where I live you are required to wear a mask in a restaurant only walking to and from the table, no mask while sitting at a table. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Good point and correct. Where I live you are required to wear a mask in a restaurant only walking to and from the table, no mask while sitting at a table. 

Is your government telling you it will go away soon? Do you feel Canadians are taking it seriously? What do your polls show?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oxo said:

It is getting worse!

Well as long as we're having fun it's all good. Honestly working from home like a hermit has been great, no commute, no gas, no tolls, no traffic, even my auto insurance gave me a partial refund. There has to be an upside.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, flyguyjake said:

Is your government telling you it will go away soon? Do you feel Canadians are taking it seriously? What do your polls show?

We're still at under 10k deaths Canada wide and I do believe the vast majority of Canadians are taking it seriously. I'm very proud to say that Covid-19 is very much a bipartisan issue here and hasn't been politicized......yet. Our government is telling us that the second wave came early and to expect a third wave before the end of winter. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

It is the same here. The distancing between tables is being enforced by the restaurants but not the bars. Everyone is drinking and having a good time in close proximity. The governor said restaurants can eliminate the distancing if they install barriers between tables. Every bit helps, better than doing nothing or going back into lockdown. Fingers crossed.

3 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Craziest part of our second wave is we still have all the mask use and social distancing precautions still in place yet our numbers are still climbing and climbing. During the summer I was starting to believe this whole thing would be over by Canadian Thanksgiving (October 11) but boy was I wrong. 

They seem to be forgetting that we're not dealing with corners but rather a circle.......

Unfortunately those taking calculated risks in larger cities like Toronto are passing it faster than those taking the same risks as those in smaller rural areas where it is not as common. 

2 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I'm very curious... please sound off...

Who actually believes that if every one wore a mask the pandemic would be over in 8 to 12 weeks?   

Me:     No way Jose... Dr. Science Man & Director of CDC

If, and that’s a big if, everyone followed the mandate it would reduce.  I do not see it disappearing though as external factors will play a role in it’s continued spread. Improper mask wearing would be the main one. The other inevitably being be people not following the rules even if they say they are. 

I would suspect the cases would decline and then slowly increase, so long as people were still mindful of each other after the 8 to 12 weeks. International travel without testing upon arrival is an example of how it would continue to live. In fact you could say Australia and New Zealand are examples of this. Australia got hit harder in their second round and NZ not so much. 

If you do not have everyone on board it seems to be an exercise in futility.

1 hour ago, flyguyjake said:

No they aren’t saying it will go away. Our Premier just said we are in stage 2, as well as our Prime Minister.  Now that is true for some parts of the country but not all of the nation. 

Some are not and never will take it seriously. Others did in the beginning and are now “suffering” from CV exhaustion.  Then there are some that are “hiding” forever. I think it is the personality of the individual that shows their actions. 

As for Polls, I’m not sure what you mean. It is not as common, as we are not in a Federal election year.  

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I'm very curious... please sound off...

Who actually believes that if every one wore a mask the pandemic would be over in 8 to 12 weeks?   

Me:     No way Jose... Dr. Science Man & Director of CDC

Depends on how you define "over".  If you mean absolutely zero cases, no.  If you mean significantly diminished, absolutely.

The thing is, why not try?  It's as if some people are basically saying, "Wearing a mask for 8-12 weeks won't completely eradicate this virus, so I'm not going to wear one at all."

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Over 500,000 thousand people cruised per week in 2019. First 3 months of 2020 new records were being set. How many people did NOT contract Covid 19 and did not die.  I will guess the number in under 100th of a percent. World wide contraction is at 0.03%  Facts go either way. 

How many people can be infected by a single spreader?

Please answer?

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

Your are too honest! You admit you are wrong.

Too bad our officials in the USA can not admit they were wrong from day 1. Instead, they keep telling lies and the worst part is our people believe the lies.

It will be over:

1. When warm weather gets here.

2. Easter

3. Memorial day

4. 4th of July

5. Labor day

6. Just around the Corner 

7.pick a date 

Let's get real.

It is getting worse!

"It is what it is."

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, yogimax said:

How many people can be infected by a single spreader?

Please answer?

Well, it's an exponential curve, isn't it.  Early in the pandemic, a mathematics and statistics vlogger that I follow did a very informative video using Covid as an example of classic exponential growth. 

Please note, that this was from back in March but the maths is still good.  Of course, the rateof increase depends on getting that R0 number down, preferably to below 1 as they did in Germany.  This is where masks, lockdown, hygiene practices etc come in.

• Like 1

Just now, flyguyjake said:

Didn't the entire world get it from patient zero?

That’s the theory.😉

I sometimes wonder though if it was man made VS a natural occurrence. It seems so strong, and has not weakened since it’s known life expectancy from last fall to today. I’m not a conspiracy theorist but it does make me wonder. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, onlyslightlymad said:

Well, it's an exponential curve, isn't it.  Early in the pandemic, a mathematics and statistics vlogger that I follow did a very informative video using Covid as an example of classic exponential growth. 

Please note, that this was from back in March but the maths is still good.  Of course, the rateof increase depends on getting that R0 number down, preferably to below 1 as they did in Germany.  This is where masks, lockdown, hygiene practices etc come in.

Thank you

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

That’s the theory.😉

I sometimes wonder though if it was man made VS a natural occurrence. It seems so strong, and has not weakened since it’s known life expectancy from last fall to today. I’m not a conspiracy theorist but it does make me wonder. 

Me too. I think we do that though in an attempt to make sense of it all. Like a coping mechanism? It's so unimaginable that we look for answers in a effort to understand. idk that's my 2 cents lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

Me too. I think we do that though in an attempt to make sense of it all. Like a coping mechanism? It's so unimaginable that we look for answers in a effort to understand. idk that's my 2 cents lol

Yes, I think all scientific research into the virus points clearly to a source in nature but it is instinctive to look for other patterns and explanations.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, onlyslightlymad said:

You are very welcome.  It's actually a very interesting You Tube channel.   If only the model didn't represent the illness of actual people and could remain theoretical.

My question was in response to a person who was making light of the virus.  What we have seen though, and what you have demonstrated, is the distress and death even one person can bring.  Too many stories of one person in a choir infecting forty of fifty in a single night.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, yogimax said:

My question was in response to a person who was making light of the virus.  What we have seen though, and what you have demonstrated, is the distress and death even one person can bring.  Too many stories of one person in a choir infecting forty of fifty in a single night.

Yup.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/how-a-small-wedding-in-maine-became-a-deadly-covid-19-superspreader

• Like 1