Still Posting on Roll Calls???

STEVE-O

I realize it's tough to get excited about future cruises thst may or may not sail. But, a couple of the Roll Calls I'm on havent had new posts in several weeks.

Are we all waiting for a return to "normal" to invest time and thought on Roll Call posts?

TBH it REALLY doesn't make sense to post Roll Calls now until we have clarity on what the new protocols are. Once those are published then it really makes sense to have conversations with your fellow cruisers. Especially for people on cruises with start dates in the next three months it's GUARANTEED that it's not going to be the same cruise experience.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

TBH it REALLY doesn't make sense to post Roll Calls now until we have clarity on what the new protocols are. Once those are published then it really makes sense to have conversations with your fellow cruisers. Especially for people on cruises with start dates in the next three months it's GUARANTEED that it's not going to be the same cruise experience.  

Makes about the same sense as peeps spending hours on their devices playing games or posting on all the other social venues.  Time on hands...some social interaction without Covid worries.   How many hours do you spend doing it? 😉 

• Like 2

We have a nice group on a Celebrity Roll Call that has been pretty active and also planning excursions. Even pre-Covid I noticed that some roll calls were dormant while others were pretty active. I think it has more to do with the type of cruise & the ship. I have found that European cruises have roll calls that are always pretty active. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, STEVE-O said:

I realize it's tough to get excited about future cruises thst may or may not sail. But, a couple of the Roll Calls I'm on havent had new posts in several weeks.

Are we all waiting for a return to "normal" to invest time and thought on Roll Call posts?

I'm even wondering if attendance in this entire forum is down. 

• Like 1

My Empress of the Seas and Celebrity Millennium's roll calls are stagnant!

Speculation on this forum has the Empress leaving the fleet- possibly in parts!

And the western US forest fire season is causing us to doubt taking next September's Pacific Coastal cruise.

Without being able to definitely plan on these upcoming cruises, it seems moot to post on the roll calls.

And I am just a few posts away from the 5k Cruise Critic milestone😷...

3 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

And the western US forest fire season is causing us to doubt taking next September's Pacific Coastal cruise.

Without being able to definitely plan on these upcoming cruises, it seems moot to post on the roll calls.

Don't worry about that milestone....:classic_wink:

6 hours ago, johnjen said:

I'm even wondering if attendance in this entire forum is down. 

For sure -- since our hours differ,  I used to wake up in the morning and have to "catch up" at least 6-7 pages from last night.

Now - no more than 1.5-2 pages, mainly when new delays/CWC are announced.

One of the many reasons - people don't cruise, therefore -- now live reports....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lr657 said:

I've noticed that sometimes the cruises that also have group on the other social media site have a slow roll call and active group on the other site. 

Happened to me when we booked late, and the roll call or the group on the "other side" were already in full swing.

I prefer CC, since on the "other side" I'm with my real name, and wouldn't want to "publish" my future vacation plans.

At least here there were cases where people find their homes ransacked when returning from cruises.

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Happened to me when we booked late, and the roll call or the group on the "other side" were already in full swing.

I prefer CC, since on the "other side" I'm with my real name, and wouldn't want to "publish" my future vacation plans.

At least here there were cases where people find their homes ransacked when returning from cruises.

So, just to be clear - here on this site = no ransacking and on that other site with your real name = ransacking?  That’s scary!

3 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

8 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

So, just to be clear - here on this site = no ransacking and on that other site with your real name = ransacking?  That’s scary!

I do not know the significance of having posts counted.I have been posting 21 years on a nostalgia board .There is no record of posts and nobody seems to care.If I can give anyone my posts I would gladly do it .

8 hours ago, pstone1 said:

Agree, scary indeed. However, I've mentioned that's happened here in Israel, which is a very small country v. US.

Last summer, I was giving "cruising tips" to my friend regarding a future Baltic cruise. Turns out she was also active in the unmentioned site group for this cruise. While they were cruising, their house was ransacked, along with the house of another participant in the group.

Police were not surprised -- they said certain "people" make their business to follow travel groups on the unmentioned site and gather info about when they'll be away.....

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Agree, scary indeed. However, I've mentioned that's happened here in Israel, which is a very small country v. US.

Last summer, I was giving "cruising tips" to my friend regarding a future Baltic cruise. Turns out she was also active in the unmentioned site group for this cruise. While they were cruising, their house was ransacked, along with the house of another participant in the group.

Police were not surprised -- they said certain "people" make their business to follow travel groups on the unmentioned site and gather info about when they'll be away.....

That is such a shame!  I think we all have enough to worry about in everyday life and look forward to relaxing with no worries when on vacation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

OMG, it must be full time work keeping up with refunds and FCC's.....  😞

Not really. Got all my refunds and FCC already, except for two cancelled August 2021 cruises that just happened a week ago...of which I did not expect.  Just have to watch my credit card for the refund of those two deposits.