CALLED HARBOR MASTER AT PORT EVERGLADES

rabin1

15 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

What ripples?  After 2 subsequent tests, the 12  crew members who initially tested positive tested negative.

It's a no win situation.  It's not as if we can take comfort in the fact that the current testing models return false positives.  If mass testing prior to departure becomes the norm, and such testing results in 1% false positives, where does that leave us?  I'm simply saying that the people charged with making the call on when things get going again are certainly taking false positives and false negatives into account.  And at the time of my original post, the results weren't known to be false positives.  Do you think that this news story was ignored or dismissed on the day it came out?  Doubtful.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

And that's why the Steve Miller Band is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

I saw them at Bethel Woods (the original Woodstock site) with Joe Cocker. And can anyone give me a rational reason why Joe Cocker is not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

I agree with you about Joe Cocker and a little help from his friends BUT we both aren;t talking cruising we bad.............lol Lol

Kath

13 hours ago, rabin1 said:

I agree with you about Joe Cocker and a little help from his friends BUT we both aren;t talking cruising we bad.............lol Lol

Kath

But at least we are not talking politics.😊  (Unless there are politics involved in being elected the the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.)

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

(Unless there are politics involved in being elected the the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.)

How about Chicago being snubbed for years before finally being elected and Jan Wenner still got his last dig in by having Cheap Trick close out the show. Cheap Trick had a nice career, but nowhere near the success of Chicago.  Sorry for going off topic, but it hits a nerve.

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

How about Chicago being snubbed for years before finally being elected and Jan Wenner still got his last dig in by having Cheap Trick close out the show. Cheap Trick had a nice career, but nowhere near the success of Chicago.  Sorry for going off topic, but it hits a nerve.

I understand as Joe Cocker not being in hits a nerve for me. I saw him 3 times. The first was his breakout performance opening Sunday at the original Woodstock festival. The other two were at the same site. The first was opening for the Steve  Miller Band (and it rained!) and the second was as the feature performer with Huey Lewis and the News opening for him.

On 9/30/2020 at 4:37 PM, ontheweb said:

And that's why the Steve Miller Band is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

I saw them at Bethel Woods (the original Woodstock site) with Joe Cocker. And can anyone give me a rational reason why Joe Cocker is not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

Just noticed where you're from.....I work at Sullivan CF in Fallsburg