CDC Director Overruled On Cruise Ship Ban

HLGW60

2 minutes ago, TxShipShape said:

reads like a political article, which I take with a grain of salt.  At least until its been fact check by several sources.  So it may be true or may be not.  

Axios is a news site and Jonathan Swan got the scoop.  He interviewed the president not too long ago.  So my guess it is true in light of how everything the CDC has been recommending lately gets shot down or altered.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, TxShipShape said:

reads like a political article, which I take with a grain of salt.  At least until its been fact check by several sources.  So it may be true or may be not.  

I agree....Look under the politics tab and the first three words tell it all.....

It's good news IMO. They should be able to have a chance to stay in business and survive. Plenty of time between now and the end of October to get details finalized, procure supplies, procure tests, medical guidance etc. They will definitely need to rapid test before boarding until a vaccine is available. Especially, with places like Florida being completely 100% reopened as the potential for a large event would be a PR disaster. I don't really get the point of masks and social distancing within a bubble, but whatever it takes to get folks sailing safely will be fine by many on a temporary basis.

It will also be interesting to see what happens in FL as it's a larger state. If they end up pressing through with letting the virus rip and come out of the other side with relatively low ICU/deaths than I suspect that option will end up on the table nationally, even if many states are reluctant initially. The covid fatigue is real and the entire response has been bungled by having so many different rules state-by-state, even within states in some instances. It's been a real cluster. The Florida experiment will be telling for the rest of the nation.         

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 10

23 minutes ago, SCDreamWeaver said:

Define what living means to you and it will become much more clear that those that are at risk need to be taking the protective measures, everyone else needs to go back to actually being alive....

I’m at risk and I want to be alive. I also have to work with the public to support my family.  The issue is the general public wants to “live their life” with total disregard about anyone else around them. This isn’t just about an Individual, this is a collective effort. 

Edited by SOCACRUISEGUY
Spelling
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1